Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: would you rather have to permanently give up salts or sweets?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: All Due Date Check-In 10/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@duhduhduck first pg I didn’t realize i was feeling movement until AS when I could actually see the movement on the screen and feel it. BUT, even after that, I really couldn’t feel anything until about 26 weeks! It was very late. I had anterior placenta too so that didn’t help. My OB kept reassuring me that not being able to feel him after 20 weeks was fine. 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • Options
    @treebagel @kloe818 that makes me feel so much better! I really thought I remembered feeling DD move around 15 weeks, but this time I'm 17+ and feeling movement very inconsistently. PGAL brain was really stressing me, but I know it's normal and continuing to read other's experience really helps! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 7 - 20+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: found out last week we’re staying on team girl

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a red swing line stapler

Upcoming appointments: nothing til glucose testing in 4-6 weeks, then next midwife appointment isn’t until the start of December 

How are you feeling?: good actually. The pregnancy fatigue is gone, as is the nausea. Hard to believe Baby is half way cooked already!

Rants/Raves: DH got a new job which I’m really excited for him for!

Questions:

GTKY: would you rather have to permanently give up salts or sweets? Sweets 100%. Chips are my weakness and life would just be too sad without them!
  • Options
    finnflanfinnflan member
    edited October 2020
    @duhduhduck I don’t remember exactly but I know it was well past my 20 week anatomy scan with the first, and then not consistently until much closer to 7 months. I started feeling this one at 19weeks on the dot, I think mainly because I knew what to except. It’s still very sporadic though. It’s hard to see other people saying they’ve been feeling it since X and not get worried, but it really is very normal to not feel it yet. 

@jfcmomoftwo - how frustrating! I hope your son continues to feel ok!

@manillabar - just wanted to say thanks for continuing to take the time to get all of these discussion posts started!
  • Options
    @duhduhduck I actually felt movement in my first pregnancy before I did for this one. My first flutters that time was 15+4, this time 16+4.  First pregnancy, the first movements feel left flutters, this time it was a distinct thud.

@treebagel I'm sorry PGAL brain is getting you down.  I find that if I'm on my feet, I don't feel movement a lot.  But once I sit down or lay down, I feel him a ton.  I bet being on your feet so much at work makes it harder to feel the movements. I hope your movements get stronger and more consistent soon!

@sunny_native14 8 weeks without hearing the heartbeat! That's gotta be so hard. I hope time flies between now and your appointment.

@princessjenney My a/s is next week too!! So excited!

@kloe818 Happy halfway point!!

@jfcmomoftwo omg!! I hope your son continues to stay well and that the rest of your household stays healthy!!  

@finnflan Congrats on your husband's new job!!
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM, DS is 3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A mango, a magic 8 ball  :D

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on 10/27

How are you feeling?: So, I had an appointment with a gastroenterologist and he can't definitely say whether I have gastritis or an ulcer because an endoscopy is not recommended during pregnancy.  So he's treating me as if I have an ulcer which is just 8x the dose of pepcid I was taking previously.  It's definitely helping so I'm finally starting to feel normalish again.

Rants/Raves:  I got t-boned yesterday but the accident was fairly mild.  Despite the mild nature, my car will be needing a lot of mechanical work (no body work).  Lady hit my rear tire, pushing it in, likely messing up the important (and pricey) part of the car. I feel fine, only the underside of my bump is sore -- the areas where I normally get my round ligament pain, which makes sense since all of my ligaments are loosey goosey due to pregnancy.  Thankfully, DH is handling all the claims stuff and hopefully I can get myself a rental soon.  Oh and I guess I need to get a new carseat.  I guess my rave is that the accident wasn't worse. 

Questions:

GTKY: would you rather have to permanently give up salts or sweets? 10000% sweets.  I'm much more of a savory gal, I only really have sweets on special occasions, and during my first trimester of pregnancy lol
  • Options
    @juliebeannn gosh, that's so scary! I'm so glad it wasn't worse. 🙌
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Options
    @juliebeannn wow, that's scary! I'm so glad you're okay! ❤️
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17 weeks 

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink x2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: two turnips! (This game is getting slightly less fun now that I'm visualizing larger and larger things inside me haha! MH did a double take when I told him we were at the orange week recently :D

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan is next week!

How are you feeling?: Feeling overall better, nausea has decreased. Still have some tiredness, but more energy overall. My feet have started hurting after long weekend days working on the house and nursery, which is bizarre to me. I'm a runner, so I have a high tolerance for foot discomfort haha!

Rants/Raves: My rant is that I got a Covid exposure last week, which sucked. I'm 7 days out and completely fine, the exposure was with both of us wearing masks and I was very far away, but my PCP ordered a test for me out of an abundance of caution/for my peace of mind. I went today, it wasn't bad, glad it's done though. 

My rave would be that we're making major progress on the nursery and the entire house clear-out, I'm feeling good about that. 

Questions: I'm starting to get a lot of people talking to me about a potential shower. Has anyone else decided what you're doing about that? Given the fact that I went to my office for one meeting, spent a couple of hours there, and wound up with a Covid exposure I'm leaning towards nothing in person except maybe drive-by? 

GTKY: would you rather have to permanently give up salts or sweets? Salt any day of the week, no problem. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @juliebeannn So glad you're ok!!!!! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @mvt2003 we’re not doing a shower as it’s our second (and #1 was just over a year ago and the same sex), but if we were doing one I’d go for virtual, with your immediate family/bubble in person only. It won’t be the same, and that sucks. But it would suck worse, to me, if someone ended up sick because of it. That said, we waited til about a month or 6 weeks before the due date to do ours, so maybe things will have turned around by then?? (Likely wishful thinking but ya never know!)
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18 + 1

FTM/STM/STM+: Third time

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue!!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: AS on 11/2

How are you feeling?: Better! Some reflux, constipation, and fatigue going on but overall much better than first tri.

Rants/Raves: Rave - I'm getting excited about the idea of having THREE boys here in a few short months! Rant - Hemorrhoids 

Questions: N/A

GTKY: Would you rather have to permanently give up salts or sweets? I expected I would be in the minority to say I would give up sweets but that doesn't appear to be the case! Salty and savory snacks all the way for me too!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Feb. 2nd / 21 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: Fourth
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team pink x 2!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Girls are the size of Endives or Pomegranates. 
    Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow OBGYN, Next week MFM.
    How are you feeling?:  Feeling okay, definitely out of breathe quickly and can't get comfortable at night to sleep.
    Rants/Raves: Baby girls are on the move more and more!
    Questions: 
    GTKY: would you rather have to permanently give up salts or sweets?  I've given up sweets before and could do it again...especially this pregnancy. I'm not craving them at all! 
  • Options
    @princessjenney @sunny_native14 @mvt2003 Thanks for the concern guys. I didn't even think to call my OB after the accident bc it felt so minor but chiro insisted I call.  Good thing I did bc my ob wants to see me today, just to make sure baby's ok.  Now I feel like a terrible mama bc I just assumed the baby and I were fine.   :s
  • Options
    @juliebeannn That doesn't make you a terrible mama!  Glad you are okay and getting checked out!
  • Options
    @juliebeannn you're not a terrible mama but I am glad you're getting checked out! and also glad that the new dose of pepcid seems to be helping!

@duhduhduck yikes, elections! I do not envy you this time of year! Hopefully it won't be too terribly stressful for you.  Also, to answer your question, with my first, I was 18 weeks when I for sure felt something that I knew was baby.  And then when I had the anatomy scan, I learned that some of the other stuff I was feeling was actually movement as well since I could see her move while I was feeling it.

@treebagel I definitely know what you mean about the pgal brain. I get the same way too! Can't wait until these babies are big enough for us to feel more consistently

@finnflan thanks! that's very kind of you to say :)

@jfcmomoftwo I hope your son gets better quickly and the rest of you stay healthy!

@mvt2003 I'm probably not having a shower either since it's my second but if I were, I'd probably opt for drive by or virtual.  Numbers seem to be rising everywhere as we head towards winter, so I want to keep my exposure as minimal as possible.  Another option would be a sip n see or other party after the baby comes. Once they're a few months old, it'll also be spring and hopefully things will be improving again and you may even be able to do something outdoors.  
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20 weeks!!!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink, waiting on friday to confirm

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pint of root beer, or a banana

Upcoming appointments: AS this friday!  Then fetal echo next week and OB telehealth visit

How are you feeling?: Exhausted but otherwise surviving as long as I stay on top of my reflux meds.

Rants/Raves: I took Friday (and Monday) off and it's the only thing helping me get through this work week!

Questions:

GTKY: would you rather have to permanently give up salts or sweets? @sunny_native14 it's funny that this was my question but I think I'm like you, too... I can't answer this! I need both in my life for balance.   I guess, gun to my head, I'd say I can give up sweets, but only because I still have a chocolate aversion this pregnancy. Otherwise, I could probably live off of chocolate alone lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18 weeks!

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink 💕

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An artichoke, or sweet potato but I feel like potatoes vary in size so much...lol

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday, then the following Tuesday is my anatomy scan!

How are you feeling?: Decent. I’m still dealing with occasional nausea, but once I eat I’m okay. I’m also not sleeping great still. The hip pain has let up a little bit, but I’m having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.

Rants/Raves: I’m feeling more movement! It’s very subtle, and still feels like bubbles (I don’t really understand the flutters comparison that everyone talks about), but it’s more frequent and feels more like actual kicks, just very very gentle. 

Questions:

GTKY: would you rather have to permanently give up salts or sweets? Sweets. I love both, but salty food is definitely my favorite. 
  • Options
    travandastravandas member
    edited October 2020
    @annanbby Have you tried Unisom for sleep (the one without diphenhydramine added)?  My OBGYN said I could use that and I only need 1/2 pill because it works so well!  
  • Options
    @travandas no I haven’t! I’ll have to ask my doctor about that next week. He did mention that I can try Benadryl, but it makes me sooo groggy the next day, so I hate to take it. Does Unisom seem to have that effect? 
  • Options
    @annanbby If I take a whole pill I wake up feeling a little groggy. But I have only been taking 1/2 and it’s so easy to fall asleep and stay asleep. I wake up feeling refreshed! Definitely ask your OB! If you do get it make sure it’s the unisom without the Benadryl added.
  • Options
    @travandas so good to know! I’ll definitely ask!
  • Options
    Anyone else ravenous? It's not even 10 am where I'm at and I've eaten a large bowl of cereal and a salad. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 29th, 17+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Dr told me it was most likely a girl during the 12 week ultrasound. Today he saw a third leg. It’s a boy! ❤️

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: 4 weeks from now 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Still tired all the time but my colleagues who aren’t pregnant tell me that they are exhausted too. Feeling occasional bouts of dizziness if I turn too fast when lying down. 

Rants/Raves: really happy that I finally know the sex of the baby. 

Questions: Does anybody else feel like their bump disappears sometimes? Some days feel flatter than others. 

GTKY: would you rather have to permanently give up salts or sweets? I’ve been successful on diets that were sugar free. I would never be successful with a savoury free diet. 😅
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kloe818 I get pretty hungry in the morning and afternoon but feel like my stomach is too full for dinner. 😑 I think I need to have smaller portions. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I *think* I'm feeling something, but I am constantly going for about 12 hours every day at work and I just haven't had time to slow down and focus on myself. Totally ready for 2021.
  • Options
    @redselig I definitely do. Mostly first thing in the morning, I’m like, am I really 18 weeks? lol and then I have breakfast and it comes back and usually sticks around the rest of the day.