June 2021 Moms

*TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

I saw this on another BMB and thought this was an important thread to have for all of us. 

This thread is to support anyone experiencing spotting and/or bleeding.

All conversation surrounding these issues should go here. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support. The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support.

Re: *TW* Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support

• @mindyb2019 Thank you for starting this! I was going to do the same. I hope no one needs it, but if so, it helps to have a safe space to find support. 
  • @ramzlau your welcome. I figured it would be a good thread to have. I really hope no one here will need it. FX
  • Loading the player...
  • Yesterday I had pink tinged discharge throughout the day, it wasn’t a lot but a little several times while wiping. I also had low back pain and lower abdominal pressure/discomfort. This morning after a BM I had quite a bit of brownish-reddish/pinkish blood when I wiped. Last pregnancy, I had an SCH but the bleeding did not start this early (that I can remember). I am preparing myself for a mc/cp. I think this is exactly how my 2nd mc started. I’m really hoping that it is just implementation bleeding and/or cervical irritation. But with my history my PGAL brain is not letting me be too positive.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @MelissaMay82 sorry to hear you are going through this - sending positive thoughts! Every pregnancy is different so it could be normal bleeding. Fx for you. 
  • mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited October 2020
    @MelissaMay82 I'm so sorry your going through this right now. Ive had 2 losses myself so i know how scary bleeding can be and PGAL brain is the worst. Im sending you all the positive vibes. Im praying that baby is ok and that it's just implantation bleeding etc.. FX. Do you get an U/S soon to make sure all is ok? 
  • @MelissaMay82 Hopefully when you see your OB today at work she can get you in for a beta. Best wishes! 
  • @melissaMay82 thinking of you. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • I just texted my ob. She said to just wait it out for now and will probably do an u/s in 2 or 3 weeks.

• mrs_massiemrs_massie member
    edited October 2020
    @melissamay82 i hate that answer. I wish they would just give us the peace of mind. FX for you and wishing lots of stickyness
  • @MelissaMay82 that answer is legit the worst. Im sorry. FX for you for a good healthy U/S. 
  • @MelissaMay82 sorry that is the answer your provider gave. It is not very reassuring and doesn’t provide immediate answers which would be nice.
  • I am really struggling here.

Went in for my US with the RE and she said I'm only measuring 5+5 when I'm 6+5. No heartbeat (which makes sense for 5+5). It implanted in the upper corner of my uterus. I don't know if this means there's risk to losing my tube or what. I didn't ask before she left. She also said the sac was squished and she couldn't tell if something was a squished yolk sac or the start of a fetal pole. Now that I've consulted Dr. Google like an idiot I'm not in a good headspace now.

I'm really worried  :'(
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 google is the enemy! Early ultrasounds can be off by +or- 5 days I believe and also the location being so high in your uterus may make it more difficult to get a better look.   When is your follow up? 

@MelissaMay82 I hope you get some better answers soon.  I feel like every time I went to the dr for bleeding with my last pregnancy I got the “it could go either way” or “it’s 50/50”. Those are never answers we want to hear and they really aren’t helpful.  I switched OBs after that who really understood my anxiety. 

Praying for healthy and sticky beans for you all and for good news at follow up appts. 
  • @sgrn18 I got back next Monday on the 19th. It was weird because depending on how she had the wand positioned, sometimes it was a small circle, but at some other angle it was long and flat. So idk if it's trying to grow into my tube or what.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 NOOOOOOOOO. Im so so sorry. There is the optimistic side of me that just wants to give you all the positivity and hope for the best speeches. With a natural BFP Ive got my fingers crossed that maybe, just maybe the dating is off and you really are 5+5. Had you done a FET I would be much more frightened and a realist with you.  I know that headspace you are in right now and its the worst. When is your next appointment?

ps... stay off Dr Google
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • @jaztastic I'm really annoyed about this because I was only at 177 HCG 2 weeks ago and even then they thought late implantation, "maybe a chemical" so like wtf did you really expect me to be showing as 6+5?? 5+5 totally makes sense if I ovulated 4 days past the typical CD14 and implanted 6-7 days after ovulation. Idk what to think about the squished sac part and the positioning, that's really where my worry is. I've heard plenty of people be told they're measuring behind and then when they go back later they say they're caught up.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 noooo friend no!! I’m so so sorry to hear that. I’m trying to stay positive for you and have faith that it will all be ok. Sending you so many hugs and love today ❤️ I hope your appt on the 19th will be good news. 
  • @inthewoods23 1 week should be plenty of time to be able to see more. I hope you get better answers then.  
    I agree with @klj0228 message your RE!  I feel like REs are more responsive than a general OB with these situations 
  • @inthewoods23 I’m so sorry. Is there any chance the RE would answer a question about the position of the sac by phone? Just to clarify and hopefully put any concerns to rest? I hope that they were simply making the comment to say that’s why they were having a tricky time, but to not clarify that it’s something to be concerned/not concerned about is frustrating.

I agree with others, stay away from Dr Google (I know way easier said than done).
  • @mindyb2019 thank you  <3

@klj0228 I got back next Monday so hopefully things do progress. I'll message them later this afternoon and ask. I feel like if there was that huge of a concern the RE would have said to watch out for XYZ and notify them immediately if anything happens before the next US. My RE definitely doesn't have the best bedside manner. 

*TW for MC related story*
    One of the days I had gone in for a beta (can't remember which at this point), she must have been doing a Zoom consult at the time I was in the alcove to have my blood drawn. I'm pretty sure her door was closed but there's no soundproofing it seems. Anyway, I hear here basically berating a woman who had a MC in February and then again in May of this year. I heard her yell something about not waiting the appropriate or recommended amount of time after the MC in February. I'm not sure if she was blaming her as the reason why she MC in May? I think this must have been a new patient because I think they were seeking answers for her MCs but my RE was basically like "you can get pregnant just fine, there's nothing more I can really do for you". It was super awkward to hear and basically the nurse drawing my blood and I were pretending it wasn't happening.

So yeah.... not the best at speaking with patients.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Oh great, my progesterone is only at 7. I'm so f*cked. Going on suppositories starting tonight. This day blows. Boooo
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. Sending you all kinds of love and comforting energy!
  • @inthewoods23 I'm sorry you are going through all of this. Sending you big hugs.

@MelissaMay82 I'm sorry that you are having bleeding and your doctor is not being helpful. 

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @inthewoods23 Sorry that you're dealing with this added stress, wishing you all the best for your appt on the 19th! I feel you have a great chance of getting your beta levels on the right track since you caught it so early. 
  • lurking...
    @inthewoods23 i will be keeping you in my thoughts.  i hate that the earliest they will check again is the 19th, but i do suppose thats better than going back too soon and not seeing enough progress for comfort.  in the meantime, best thing you can do is be kind to yourself and try not to give yourself undue stress from google.  <3<3
  • @MelissaMay82 that is so great you have such a close relationship with your OB! I’m so glad she was able to put your mind at ease a bit more. 🙏🏻🤞🏻 For you and hope the days go by quick until your next scan. 

@inthewoods23 hugs!! I think it truly does sound like you’re just behind due to later ovulation. I know the lower progesterone can be scary, but I had success using suppositories with one of my babies - you got this!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 For you!
    Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • Thinking of you @mrs_massie sending creepy internet hugs and lots of positive, sticky baby vibes your way. I’m sorry you’re feeling hopeless right now, so sending lots of hope your way, too. ❤️
  • @mrs_massie Sending you lots of good and sticky vibes! Our PGAL brains are wired to worry, but hoping things will be just fine. <3
  • @mrs_massie sending you positive and very sticky vibes right now. 🤞 for you! 
  • @mrs_massie Thinking of you and sending so many positive vibes your way today. Hang in there girl. ❤ I know spotting is scary. 
  • @mrs_massie Sending sticky vibes your way! 
  • @mrs_massie oh no 😔 Sending your positive vibes. FX for a sticky bean!

• @mrs_massie all the sticky vibes to you and everyone who needs them.
  • @mrs_massie sending lots of positive and sticky vibes!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @mrs_massie sending you lots of hugs and positive sticky baby vibes,
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014