March 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight: Pillows/Sleep Gear

redseligredselig member
edited August 2020 in March 2021 Moms

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions and S+TMs to share the wealth of knowledge they've accumulated on baby products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week it's....pillows/sleep gear! 

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to absorb/respond to. If you'd like to recommend/ask questions about more than one product, please copy/paste the prompts as needed. 

For S+TMs: 

• Lifestyle/body factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite [pillows/sleep gear]:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • What you don't like about it, if anything:
  • Is there a [Pillow/sleep gear brand] you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a [pillow/sleep gear brand/ item] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts on [maternity clothes]?:

For FTMs

• [pillows/sleep gear] you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions about it/them for S+TMs?:

To view past Product Spotlights or view the upcoming schedule, see here: 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrF0iah5XaJFdFTHzNVcIEq4ujZTwq_j1bG9W-bovNs/edit#gid=0 

(Also just a reminder that if anyone wants to revive old threads to ask questions as we get further along and it becomes more likely everyone is doing further research, please feel free!)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight: Pillows/Sleep Gear

• redseligredselig member
    edited August 2020
    I bought this pillow off of Amazon for my last pregnancy. The brand is Sanggol. Didn’t realize how much I needed this. It also doubled as a breastfeeding pillow after baby was born. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Snoogle is life! DH is NOT looking forward to me pulling that back out though as we’re both tall people and only have a queen sized bed haha. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the snoogle! It was a lifesaver with previous pregnancies. However, I sold it thinking I wouldn’t be having any more kids. I just bought a Target $10 body pillow for now.
  • I also loved my snoogle but got rid of it after I had my daughter for space reasons. I think it’s about time for a new one though because I’m definitely getting uncomfortable in the bed! At least we have a larger bed this time around so hopefully my H won’t complain too much 😉
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

travandas
  • redseligredselig member
    edited August 2020

Has anybody tried the Cozy Bump or something similar? I remember wanting to sleep on my belly towards the end of my last pregnancy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • For some reason, I'm part of the minority that hated my pregnancy pillow the first time around (I had a snoogle).  But then again, we had a queen size bed and I feel like it just took up so much room.  We have a king now, so I'll take it back out in a few weeks and see if I like it better this time. 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • I bought a U-shaped pillow on Amazon a couple of weeks ago in preparation, it takes up so much space, and my dog normally sleeps with me so she definitely does not like having full access to me. That being said, it was very helpful last week when I picked a light item up from the floor and threw my back out again. :# I slept with it and it definitely helped me recover. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

juliebeannn
  • @juliebeannn I also have a snoogle that I tried out with both my previous pregnancies but didn't love it. I still have it so we will see if the third time is a charm! 
  • @mvt2003 which one did you buy from amazon? I have been eyeing a few (less expensive than the snoogle) but I don't know if I should trust the amazon reviews lol 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

mvt2003
  • me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP