March 2021 Moms

Crazy pregnancy dreams

I know I'm not the only one who has been having some weird dreams... Let's hear 'em!

TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Crazy pregnancy dreams

• Last night I had a dream that my RE was trying to get me to do an egg retrieval cycle even though I was already pregnant. And I kept trying to tell them that I didn't think it was gonna work, and don't they remember they were the ones that got me pregnant? And the nurse said "its ok, the doctor approved it, we just want you to have back ups."  It was so weird...

Then I woke up and went back to sleep and I dreamt that I was at an intersection waiting to cross the street and some guy came by and picked up a huge chunk of the sidewalk with his bare hands and I accidentally made eye contact with him and he ran by and slapped me in the neck. Then I woke up again lol. But I think maybe my daughter hit me at the same time (she found her way into our bed in the middle of the night).
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• I've been having super vivid dreams since before my BFP but I can't remember what they're about.  As soon as I wake up, it's gone.  I do often remember who's in my dreams but not the plot.  Strangely, the people in my dreams are people I know but not anyone I'm close to, so that already seems super random.  Man, I feel like I'm watching a movie all night, which keeps me from getting into deep sleep.  So tired.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Loading the player...
  • VIVID yes... not very interesting but the amazing detail. It's like going from an old 80s tv to the new 4G tvs out there with the hyper realistic look. 
  •  Last night there was something to do with a bear. Its blurry. Some of them  i remember vividly, others are gone when i wake up. Theyre all really strange 
  • I had a dream that I'd had my baby, but I couldn't find him/her. I kept searching for different people who I thought had taken my baby. Yeah, not fun.
  • I had a dream that I was in some place with lots of snow and ice. Everyone was jumping off the rocks into this super blue water and swimming but every time I tried the water was only up to my ankles and I was really confused why the water was so deep for  everyone else but so shallow for me. Very vivid and probably lots of psychological messages there, haha. I always look forward to dreaming. Most of the time my dreams are fun little adventures.
  • @graceg1989 yikes! What a nerve-wracking dream to have 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• My dreams when I’m pregnant are actually insane. It’s the weirdest thing and I always wake up so concerned for how the hell my brain even came up with whatever it was that night. The other night I had a nightmare that could have been straight out of a Stephen King novel and produced in Hollywood with no budget. Luckily, I love horror movies so it’s not that distressing but I still wake up in the morning like “wtf was that” haha. 
  • I am having them really bad, too! And often times multiple episodes since my sleep is so crap lately. If I wake up in the middle of the night and manage to fall asleep again, (sometimes I don’t, boo) I’ll dream twice! I need to start dream journaling because I don’t remember any of the top of my head. I just know that I usually wake up and go WTF??? 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• @nolemama24 Same! 

My dreams also seem to be really saturated in colour. Really bright and vivid, like an Instagram filter. So strange. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't remember most of my dreams currently, but when I wake up at night I remember them vividly and they usually freak me out. Just waiting for the phase where I dream almost every night that my husband is cheating on me/disappears. My last two pregnancies those were frequent and I'd wake up crying. Lol. Those are aaaalways horrible. 
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a dream that I'd had my baby, but I couldn't find him/her. I kept searching for different people who I thought had taken my baby. Yeah, not fun.
    Ahhh I hate those! My first pregnancy I had those aallll the time! Or that my baby was born but I forgot to feed him/her for like three days before realizing it. 
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • reviving this thread because last night I had a dream that was a mix between the Tudors (the show) and Twilight. At first it was like I was watching it like a show, and then suddenly I was Anne Boleyn, who was also a vampire. And I was trying find ways to impress Henry VIII who was not Jonathan Rhys Meyer like in the show, but was Ray Romano (a la Everybody loves Raymond). The whole thing was very bizarre and very confusing lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @manillabar OMG I want this to be a real show now. 
  • @kloe818 I know I would totally watch that lolol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Last night I somehow managed a school-anxiety dream combined with a pregnancy-anxiety dream. I was back in high school (where I haven't been for nearly two decades) and in a class where the teacher never showed up, so I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing or how I was going to earn a good grade.  But I was still current me, so confused about why I was back in high school since I've already graduated, and pregnant! And the baby was moving around inside of me and about to burst out of my stomach, exactly like that scene in Aliens. I have some psychological issues, clearly.
  • I dreamt I was kidnapped and forced to torture kittens by putting them in the microwave but I pulled myself out of the dream and said "No brain, we are NOT going there, I refuse to be part of that" and went back into the dream where I was now chasing goats. 
  • @cmortmain I have a recurring stress dream where I am back in college and it is exam time and I have to take an exam for a class I never attended and didn't know I was enrolled in. I also wake up in a sweat.
  • @kloe818 The rest of your disturbing cat dream must have floated out into the ether and then lodged itself into my unwilling brain, because last night I had a truly horrific nightmare about trying to put a cat back together after it had been microwaved, but I couldn't find its head...  :open_mouth:

@duhduhduck Those types of school-related stress dreams are unfortunately very common for me, and it seems for a lot of other people as well! I was definitely a bit of a goody two-shoes in school and really thrived on teacher affirmation, so I'm not totally surprised that my brain has glommed onto this genre as a stress metaphor.