March 2021 Moms

Baby safe beauty products!

Are there any products you have discontinued using or your OB has suggested you discontinue? Any products you love that are considered pregnancy safe?

I traded out my retinol and daily sunscreen/moisturizer with baby safe BeautyCounter products before getting pregnant. I’m thinking there are other products I should reconsider using as well... dry shampoo? Overtone conditioner? What are y’all using?

Re: Baby safe beauty products!

• I’m still planning to get my hair colored every 10 weeks as I have been. However, I‘m skipping my Brazilian blowouts until after baby arrives. I don’t use any products that have actives like retinal in them. So I’m just sticking with the same brands of skincare I already use. My push present to myself is going to be Botox 🤣
  • I'm searching through my products today trying to make sure everything is safe. I'm so new to looking at the ingredients on beauty and bath products that I'm struggling a little bit. For my bath products, I always try to aim for the "clean" or more natural brands, but I keep hearing that essential oils aren't considered safe for pregnancy and I know a lot of the natural products like that use essential oils for fragrance instead of a synthetic fragrance. So that's throwing me off, too. Trying not to over think it and just do the best I can, but wow, there's so many things we're told to stay away from, it makes it seems so difficult to choose the "right" products!
    jenn622-2
  • Loading the player...
  • @annanbby 15minutebeauty.com has really excellent, comprehensive lists of pregnancy safe beauty products from almost every single beauty brand. She does it by brand, so I usually google “*brand name* pregnancy safe products” and it’s usually the first search that comes up. I then scroll through the list to find what product I’m looking for. 
    jenn622-2redselig
  • @jfcmomoftwo ah so good to know! I’ll look into that for sure. Thank you!