Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 8.13

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Thursday 8.13

• Month/Cycle: 14/9

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: temping, prenatals, OPKs, and HIO of course

R/R: DH's and my 6th anniversary is this weekend. We have no real plans other than ordering takeout for a date night in. Our last date night in was a paint night; we found a couple's painting tutorial on youtube, painted along with it, and they turned out great. Picture in spoiler if you're curious.

I'm trying to think of something fun and different we could do for our anniversary date night but coming up blank. Any ideas?

CS/Q:  
  • Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: HIO

R/R: I have the biggest knot in my left shoulder and it won't go away! Definitely going to be trying to roll it out later but really I just want to go get a massage. My favorite spa is open but I'm not comfortable going yet since our numbers are still high (although finally starting to decrease). 

CS/Q:

@gingermama29 - love that couple's painting! Such a good idea. We're boring so I have no suggestions  :D Maybe look into one of those date night boxes? I've never actually looked myself so no clue if they're any good.

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1 AL #2

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: NTNP

R/R: Well, the therapy session last night went better then expected my DH said, as he didn't hold much hope for it and wasn't expecting much out of it. It went really well and it was nice to talk about things and how we're feeling. It was emotional. The therapist lady was so nice and we have agreed to go back and we have booked another session for in a few weeks. Yay! On another good note, she had books we could borrow and read so I took one called "Empty craddle, Broken Heart" I hope it helps. 

CS/Q:Nothing

@gingermama29 Happy Anniversary to you and YH. I hope you have a great weekend together. Enjoy your takeout. Wow those paintings look fantastic. You guys did so well. I could never get my DH to do that with me 😂 I'm not sure where you live but why don't you guys try doing some kinda of wine tasting thing with some meat and cheeses etc? 

@gusgus14 I'm sorry that you have such a big knot in your shoulder. That sucks. Hope it comes out. I love massages. They feel so good. 

• *lurking from TWW*
    @mindyb2019 I am SO happy your therapy session went well!  <3<3
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @gingermama29 Happy Anniversary! This isn’t that special an idea, but during a “date night” during full quarantine, I ordered one of those Would You Rather books, and we ate, drank some wine, and read those to each other. It was such a fun night and we were crying laughing at some questions and our answers. 

@gusgus14 sorry about the knot! Hopefully rolling it out helps. 

@mindyb2019 so glad to hear your session went better than expected  😊

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: DTD & OPKs (will start testing with OPKs probably today)

R/R: So glad it’s Thursday! Getting out of the city for the weekend so very excited. Also, I have to say...since this is my first WTO experience, I thought it was going to feel sooo long. But I think the TWW is wayyyy worse 🤣. This has surprisingly gone quick. Guessing that’s probably normal and makes sense since you’re (at least for me) not constantly thinking “am I pregnant” during WTO and googling every single thing you feel like in the TWW (...just me? Haha) 🤣.

CS/Q: I’m using the Pregmate OPKs and CB Digital. Why do CB Digital say to use FMU but Pregmant OPK and that style say to wait until after 10am and recommend not to use FMU? 

• @mindyb2019 - I'm glad your therapy session went well!
    @sienna221 - I definitely prefer WTO hahaha. The TWW always seems to draaaaaag.
  • @sienna221 WTO is great unless you get to CD 17-19 and still don’t have a positive OPK. 🤣 I don’t know much about CB digital OPKs but I ways use midday urine if I’m only testing once a day, usually around 1-2 pm. 

@mindyb2019 i hope you find that book helps you. ❤️ I’m glad your session went well and you were able to safely express your emotions. 

@gusgus14 I have a knot in the same area! The worst!

@gingermama29 Happy early anniversary! I have 0 ideas, as we’ve only had two anniversary and they both happened at awful times. 🤣

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT, OPKs, CP, CM, HIO EOD starting tomorrow

R/R: I threw out my back this morning and it is sooooo painful. I can’t breathe or move at all. I was in tears this morning because I couldn’t do anything, I had a training at school In the morning, and my chiro is closed in the afternoons on Thursday. Literally to rave, I’m in too much pain to focus on anything good. 

CS/Q: I set my alarm for 5:30 today and temped then. It was much more accurate and I’m glad I did it. I’m going to be keeping that alarm. 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 - oh noooo! I hope you're feeling better soon. I have back spasms sometimes and they are so painful especially the ones where your back goes out completely. 
  • @chindimples04 & @gusgus14 Hope your back & shoulder pain feels better soon! Neither of those is any fun to deal with. 

@sienna221 Welcome to the Waiting Game! That’s what this TTC journey really is. Takes lots of patience. 

@Mindyb2019 I’m glad to hear that YH & you had a good therapy session. This green book in spoiler seems to be popular; my sis sent it to me after my late loss. I also listed the second one as a book that gave me a lot of hope in the midst of frustrating sadness. 

@gingermama29Happy anniversary this weekend! I second the wine & food pairings idea—if you’re drinking till it’s pink. :) There are some fun game boxes out there. I saw one wine tasting game in Target’s dollar section this week. 

Hey ladies, I’m going to jump back into the dailies after hanging in the IF thread for awhile lately. I’m pretty sure I ovulated already, but I’m unclear on which day so going to hang out here until I get a couple more high temps to confirm.

Month/Cycle: 26?/Lost track of cycles  

CD: 21. It’s unusually long this cycle because I was on BCP for IF treatment that’s been delayed. I usually ovulate anywhere from CD10-13. Wasn’t temping earlier in month because I was expecting AF, not ovulation.  

WAYDTGKU: I have immune issues & am AMA, so we’ve pulled out all the stops: FF, BBT, OPKs, checking CM & CP, PNV w/Folate, extra extra Vit D3, Fish Oil/DHA, N-A-C, Calcium, Ubiquinol, DHEA, Resveratrol, Baby Aspirin, Ovasitol, Prednisone, extra Iron, daily moderate exercise for uterine blood flow, lots of sunshine, meditation. Lovenox injections & Progesterone injections after ovulation. 

R/R: We’ve had beautiful weather & I’ve been able to get out to exercise almost everyday recently.

CS/Q: I’m surprised FF is being adamant about O day. I think it may have been yesterday/last night, based on today’s temp spike.

• @chindimples04 thanks girl. Oh dear! I’m so sorry to hear you threw your back out and are in a lot of pain. I hope you feel better soon. Sending you lots of hugs.

@keikilove Thanks so much for the recommendations of those 2 books. They look really good and I’ll have to look into finding them. The second one sounds very interesting and I would be curious to read it as it would help me I think. I’m glad you have had Great weather and have been able to Get out to exercise almost everyday. That’s wonderful!