February 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight: Skincare Routine

What’s working for you?

Have you had to change your routine because of skin changes during pregnancy?

Any belly treatments you swear by to prevent on help fade stretch marks?

Feel free to add anything else. 

Re: Product Spotlight: Skincare Routine

• I loooove using coconut oil as body lotion! I usually put it on at night and in the morning my skin looks and feels awesome. My face is currently in rough shape due to pregnancy acne so I'll be looking for a new routine 👀
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    edited July 2020
    @jumpy57 same same on coconut oil. I use it on my face to remove makeup (you know, before when we use to leave the house and wear makeup back in the good old days...) and I tone with ACV. I did have to change out some acne gel product that I used pre-preg since the ingredients aren't great and my face is not super pleased about that. 
    I took two scoops of vital proteins collagen peptides every morning in my coffee/tea during my last pregnancy and only had two tiiiiiiiny little stretch marks on my belly that faded really quickly. Who knows if it was the extra collagen or not but I personally believed it helped and am doing that again this time around. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm using alot of Calendula for any eczema exacerbations and dryness/itchiness. I've fallen in love with the Earth Mama Belly Oil & Belly Butter for moiturizing also. It doesn't give me reactions (I'm UBER sensitive to ingredients) & actually moisturizes. So far, nothing is moisturizing my lips. They're so dry they crack and bleed! I can keep lip balm on all day and no dice!

As for my face I use Senka Perfect Whip White Clay & a moisturizing toner & still figuring out what moisturizer I like best. My face is so odd oily one day, dry the next. Things that were moiturizing are now drying so I'm still juggling that!
  • @animommy try this stuff for your lips ((you can usually find it at Target too if you want to go in person instead of ordering online)). We live in the dry desert and it saves me, especially in winter. 

https://www.amazon.com/Neosporin-Health-Overnight-Renewal-Therapy/dp/B01IA9B1LO
  • I will, thank you so much!
  • When I started trying to conceive I had to stop taking doxycycline for Rosacea. Luckily I got pregnant quickly and my rosacea breakouts are much better since becoming pregnant! Shortly before I got pregnant I started using Josie Maran Argan oil and it has been amazing to help with dryness. I was always afraid to use oil thinking it would make my oily spots oilier, but it doesn’t at all. In the morning I put it only on dry areas, and in the evening I put it on my whole face.
  • Does anyone use The Ordinary products? I have a whole bunch of their stuff. I need to make sure it’s all safe for pregnancy as I have completely dropped off my regimen. 
  • @birdiejo I do! I had to stop some of the stuff I was using, but am currently using the niacinamide/zinc in the AM and the lactic acid/HA at night. Once a week I still do the AHA/BHA “blood” mask lol. I googled a LOT before my first appt, then cleared the ingredients with my OB. Not using the alpha arbutin is killing me since my melasma is already rearing its ugly head again, even with daily sunscreen/not being in the sun.
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    @szwill86 ohhh good to know that the AHA/BHA blood mask is okay! I'm excited to add that back into my routine