WTO Tuesday 5/19 — The Bump
Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 5/19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 5/19

• Month/Cycle: 11/6

CD: 56/BCP day 8

WAYDTGKU: benched for 3 months

R/R: the weather is supposed to be beautiful and warm this week! I'm so looking forward to spending time in my yard and getting as much fresh air and sunshine as possible this week. I'll probably try to squeeze in some walks too. I gotta get going on my gardens at some point too. I was delighted to discover that my peony plant survived my basement dig out!  

CS/Q:  
    bluetickgalkeikilove
  • _orchid__orchid_ member
    @gingermama29 yay for good weather and your peony plant! What are you planning to put in your garden? We weren't going to do many flowers this year bc we were planning on going away and whenever we do our flowers always suffer (it always seems to be during a heat wave). Since we're going to be home we put a ton of flowers in and I'm so excited for when everything fills out. We have a ton of strawberries about to turn, and just put in tomatoes and cucumbers. 

Month/Cycle: 13 / 11

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, doing the dirty EOD

R/R: Our weather is mild this week (high 60s/low 70s) which is my favorite. It's supposed to be sunny all week too, which makes such a big difference in my mood. Yesterday I had a staff meeting for school and it was really depressing, so I was glad for the sun. We were talking about procedures for having students in the school in September and it's just so different and sad. Thinking about greeting 5 year olds on their first day of K with PPE on just makes me want to cry. There are so many logistics to think about. Thinking about doing this again in the winter when the weather is bad and I can't get outside gives me anxiety. 

CS/Q: none! I've been waking up 60- 90 minutes earlier and successfully shifted my temp time.  

bluetickgalgingermama29
  • Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 that's awesome about your peony plant! We planted a couple this spring- not expecting them to do anything in the first year, but also wondering at what point I should expect to see any kind of life from them, haha.

@_orchid_ that is so, so sad to think about! I really don't know what schools are going to do... my teacher friend where I live has mentioned there's been discussion of essentially breaking the students into two groups, with Group A only going to school Monday-Tuesday, then a cleaning day Wednesday, then Group B only going to school Thursday-Friday. I have a lot of questions about how effective that plan would be... there really is no great solution though.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: temping, OKPs, tracking CM, PNVs

R/R: I splurged on some higher end "loungewear," since that's all I'm wearing right now, and it's supposed to be delivered today! Very excited to be extra comfy tomorrow, haha. 

CS/Q: Nope! I'm excited for the forthcoming OPKs thread though because I feel like I could really use some points of reference for what those things should/could look like at various points in one's cycle.

_orchid_bluetickgalgingermama29
  • krash_krash_ member
    @gingermama29 I love peonies! I haven't ever had any in my yard but they are so pretty. We have a hydrangea that has taken over. It's beautiful but pretty much a weed at this point. 
     @_orchid_ it is sad to think about their first day of school like that. I'm sorry it's such a hard time to be a teacher but I appreciate how creative you all are about making it special still. 
    @the_most_happy OPK's are so tricky! It is nice to see how they are "supposed" to look and I think it will be really helpful to get input when it's hard to read them but I think I have only had one cycle so far that has a normal OPK progression so it really will be different for everyone. 

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: a lot of HIO, temping, OPK's, CM and drinking water

R/R: Rave - I am genuinely surprised that I don't have a UTI at this point we have had sex 9 days in a row. There is one day blank on my chart because MH couldn't finish but we still had sex. I probably just jinxed myself; I should get some cranberry juice preemptively. 

CS/Q: Still waiting on O  :|

TTGP May Signature Challenge

Me & MH: 31
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures bilateral grade 2 ventricular hemorrhage)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    _orchid_bluetickgalgingermama29the_most_happy
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    lurking
    @legallykate definitely sounds like a harsh phone call, sorry you had to be subject to that.  do you think you might be able to get a video call in with your actual doctor for her input as well?  might be good to get her personal interpretation directly.

TTGP MAY SIGGY CHALLENGE: IT'S GONNA BE N*SYNC (or in my case, just JT)
    dick in a box surprise GIF by Saturday Night Live
    Me: 29 | DH: 40 
    Married: June 2014 

TW*

TTC #1 Since: August 2019

BFP: November 1, 2019 | EDD: July 11, 2020
    MMC: December 26, 2019

• _orchid__orchid_ member
    @legallykate I'm so sorry the nurse was so short and caused that kind of emotional bomb this morning. I'm glad you got there actual numbers so you could look at them yourself though. I'd be annoyed too. It would be good to have them in hand for an initial consultation and I'm sure the Dr will be more helpful than the nurse you spoke to this morning. 

@the_most_happy new lounge wear sounds awesome! I hope it's comfy! I live in it right now too. 
  • krash_krash_ member
    @legallykate I'm sorry you're going through that. Valid or not her comments were out of line and lacked tact. I would definitely try to schedule a virtual visit with your dr to go over the data and provide feedback regarding the nurses telephone bedside manner. 
    TTGP May Signature Challenge

Me & MH: 31
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures bilateral grade 2 ventricular hemorrhage)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
  • *Lurking from TWW*
    @legallykate I’m so sorry for the way the nurse relayed your results, clearly with no tact at all! I’m glad they seem better than expected once you saw the actual numbers though! That sounds good to do the consult just to see what’s going on, or like @krash_ suggested...see if you can talk to your doctor one-on-one to get their interpretation on your results! 
  • mvt2003mvt2003 member
    *Lurking from TWW*
    @legallykate First of all, that phone call sounds horrendous and I am so sorry they did that to you! AMH is a fluid number, and I've seen multiple examples in the IF world of women whose AMH dropped then went back up, IMO it's not panic worthy and certainly not warranting an "if you'd like to keep trying". I would take the fertility consult anyway, just because I don't believe in waiting around, and then you get to not deal with that nurse on this topic so it's a win win. 
    me: 34 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle Rescheduled for June 2020!!!! 

May Signature Challenge - It's Gonna Be N*SYNC

keikilovebows22
  • @_orchid_ not sure what I'm planning to plant yet. Probably some sort of perennials. I'm not the best at keeping up with my gardens so something that will survive my inevitable neglect 😂. Thinking about school next year also gives me such anxiety. I can't imagine how hard it's going to be for the kids. I can't wait until there's a vaccine and this whole pandemic is a thing of the past.

@the_most_happy yay for high end lounge wear! I would definitely be excited about it too.

@krash_ wow 9 days in a row! I'm tired for you! Haha.

@legallykate I'm sorry for how terrible that nurse was in your conversation. I hope your can chat with your doctor about the results and get more clarity on what going on.  
  • Thanks @asf0613 @_orchid_ @krash_ @bluetickgal @mvt2003 @gingermama29 I appreciate it. I requested a teleconference with the fertility clinic so will see how that goes and go from there. 

@krash_ Yay for the super positive OPK and getting a breather from all the HIO soon  :D
    *TTGP May Siggy Challenge - NSYNC*

_orchid_
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    @krash_ Congrats on the positive OPK. That 9-day streak sounds brutal! 

@gingermama29 & @_orchid_ Your gardens sound beautiful! 

@the_most_happy New loungewear sounds so fancy! Hope you love it!

@legallykate So sorry about that awful phone call experience! Like MVT said, that number isn’t the be-all-end-all. The first RE I get saw gave me the same kind of bad news, and then my new RE said “That’s exactly where your numbers should be for your age, there’s nothing wrong with you!” I definitely encourage you to get the consult with an RE, it feels good work with someone who can be honest about the reality without being harsh. 

Month/Cycle: 24

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: FF, BBT, OPKs, checking CM & CP, PNV w/Folate, extra Vit D3, Fish Oil/DHA, N-A-C, Calcium, Vitex, Ubiquinol, DHEA, Baby Aspirin, Ovasitol, daily exercise for uterine blood flow, Progesterone injections after ovulation. 

R/R: Rave: Feeling good overall this week, after a slump of low energy & bad mood last week. No rants this week.

CS/Q: Oddly, nothing to show yet. I’m expecting a late ovulation based on lack of all symptoms, even though this is the time it happened the past 2 months.