What sex are you having? 42 votes

Boy
38% 16 votes
Girl
42% 18 votes
Waiting To Find Out
19% 8 votes

Re: What sex are you having?

• Anyone who has found out had a “gut feeling”? Were you right or wrong? I was thinking girl and was wrong! 
  • @baseballismyfavoriteseason I was convinced we were having a boy but we’re having a girl! MH on the other hand really wanted a girl and kept insisting the baby was a girl, I think he was more excited than I was we were having a girl
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I willed myself into having a girl lol.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Before I knew all I could imagine was a girl, and that’s what we’re having. But I don’t know if that was more hope that turned out to come true. My dreams about the sex were that I was having a boy, so I can’t say I had intuition. I was definitely still surprised when I got the results. 
  • @animalandplantrescuer I had a similar experience with my first—all I could picture was a little boy! This time I couldn’t “picture” either, but things were so different from my first (sicker, etc), and seriously EVERYONE in our families (except for 1 of my husband’s cousins) have no more than 1 boy, so I was convinced this would be a girl. @ccstlln1 I was shocked, and my husband was super giddy. He was hoping to for two boys close in age. 

@kboydbowman That’s hilarious 🤣
  • With no real reason, I was thinking I would be having a boy, but did have a dream that the baby was a girl (and then her forehead caved in, so hoping that not all dreams come true 😆). Nipt said girl!
  • My previous bump was heavy on boys and I feel like I'm 2018 everyone I know had boys! Now most people I know are having girls, so weird!!
  • @morethanamama That is too funny—literally every single pregnant woman I know in real life is having a boy (or multiple boys!), except for one that’s waiting till baby is born to find out. 
  • @MJDsquared 😂😂 I’m on pelvic rest for the Remainder of this pregnancy. So definitely none/not enough. 😂😂

On a more serious note, my gut feeling was right for all 3 of my pregnancies 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @MJDsquared and @profmcgonagall I thought about calling it Sex Poll. 😂
  • My gut feeling/dreams were really wrong. I really thought we were having boy/girl twins and had dreams about boy/boy twins, but they’re girl/girl! I think the dreams were more because I have so many nephews that I didn’t think I’d have any girls. 
  • I had four dreams: two at the start of my pregnancy that were boy and two more recently that were girl. The most recent dream I called her by the name we had picked out and it was the only dream where the baby had a name. I didnt really have any gut feelings, but I was hoping slightly more for a girl, but would have been just as happy with a boy! 

I also come from a large extended family, 14 cousins and only 4 are boys. Three of us are pregnant this year, myself and one cousin are expecting girls and the third is waiting to find out. I think my family is just a girl factory, honestly!

• @profmcgonagall I would literally die.  I had a huge sex drive BEFORE pregnancy, and now it's insane.  TMI, but it's a rare day where I don't "get busy" at least three times (whether by myself or "with help").
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman, I’m “lucky” because I don’t have a high drive as is and pregnancy zaps away anything that’s left. But it’s been a month and we won’t be able to until early Nov once we wait the 6 weeks after my c section. I have to keep reminding MH that he he really wanted this pregnancy 😂
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• amapa20amapa20 member
    @MJDsquared my reaction to the title was "None" too :D I haven't found out yet but feeling girl.
  • @mckjacks For this poll I’m really glad you’re having 2 of the same sex since it only lets you vote once! 😉
  • @animalandplantrescuer 😂 yeah, I thought about saying we need more options, but there aren’t a ton of multiple moms here! 
  • @mckjacks And it won’t let me change it/add any. 😏 I didn’t even think of that when I made it. 
  • With so many people talking about the other sex, should we have a thread on it?
    For me, the first 3 months was 0 sex, literally too exhausted to even move!

Coming back to the original sex, we are having a boy and everyone wanted a girl. Only my boyfriend was convinced it was a boy from the beginning. I was still happy when we got the news and after thinking about it for some weeks I'm glad it's a boy. Have to say that it was probably going to wear dinosaur and excavator onesies regardless of the sex  :D 
  • @baseballismyfavoriteseason I have 2 girls already and this pregnancy was so different so I was convinced I was having a boy. Nope, another girl! DH is disappointed but honestly I am thrilled. I absolutely love having girls.
  • What are the other team green's doing? Should I vote that I'm waiting to find out or it that option just for people who haven't had their scans yet but are finding out? 
  • @kalesix3 I'm team green! I put waiting to find out
  • @kalesix3 I did the same as aefsparrow
  • I'm waiting to find out at my anatomy scan and just not voting until I know!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @kalesix3 When I made it I planned on that response being for those waiting to find out till the birth. I don’t believe you can change your answer once you vote. At least I haven’t figured out to do it. I have no idea why they don’t let one change their answer. 
  • @animalandplantrescuer that's what I thought too but I was afraid to vote on the wrong thing! I like the poll even if it won't let you change anything or add the option for multiple votes for twins, maybe the bump will overhaul it's polling feature! 🤞
  • babyodobabyodo member
    edited May 2020
    We're having a girl, and I was mostly convinced that it was a girl prior to getting our NIPT results, but was keeping an open mind because 1) this is our first and I didn't know if it was truly intuition or I was just willing it to be a girl (LOL), and 2) MH really wanted a boy.

And tbh, and maybe this is better suited for a FFFC, but I don't want boys. I grew up sandwiched between an older brother and a younger brother, and boys are just gross. I don't think fart/poop jokes are funny, boys generally take longer to potty train, and I'm afraid that I won't feel as connected to a boy as I would a girl. 

I know that I'll love any future child we have regardless of if it's a boy or a girl, but yeah, those are my fears/hesitations with having a boy. I feel like a horrible person for saying so, but that's just where I am. It doesn't help that I had a mentor who used to tell me: Girls are more drama, but boys are harder to keep alive.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @babyodo We did talk about this in flame free, but you are by far from the only one who feels this way. I very much did not want a boy and I'm very happy I am having a girl. Similar reasons.
    Current pregnancy -

• @babyodo I second what @kboydbowman says. And I’ve had friends tell me the same with their preferred sex as well. I was getting quite anxious every time I thought about having a boy. I knew I would love him if we had a boy, but I didn’t feel the same connection as with a girl. That’s why I definitely needed to find out the sex for my own mental health.
  • It's actually really nice to read you ladies hesitation for a boy, it's hard not to guilt
    myself for those feelings. for me it's not really not wanting a boy it's more I really want a healthy living baby and I have a better chance at a healthy baby with a girl because of an x linked hereditary condition. 
    That being said, that's a big part of being team green as well, I don't want to add more anxiety and uncertainty to this pregnancy, I have enough of that after loss. Fingers crossed it's a girl though, my lack of puking makes me so nervous 😬
  • Add me to the camp of not wanting a boy. God must have known because I’m blessed with 3 girls now lol. 
  • @kalesix3 I am having a girl and I haven't thrown up once. :)
    Current pregnancy -

• We are going to be a two-boy household in October and I am THRILLED and also COMPLETELY TERRIFIED! With our first, I honestly thought I didn’t have a preference, but when we found out he was a boy I was so relieved. I had a tough middle school/high school experience and realized I was not ready for girl drama. 🤣 Our boy is super active and such a go-getter and I am totally crazy about him. I can’t wait for him to have a brother, even though I was shocked when we first found out. I don’t know what to do with TWO boys though, because no one on either side of our families has two boys—it’s all 1 or none! As far as feeling connected, we did go through a phase where I felt really insecure because baby preferred daddy over me... but I eventually chalked that up to daddy got to do 2 hours of skin-to-skin in the NICU immediately after birth while I was still upstairs getting sewn up, etc. We’ve gotten past that phase (parental preference depends on his mood!) and it is completely amazing seeing the bond between my husband and our son. 💙💙
  • @baseballismyfavoriteseason, we are also going to be a 2 boy household. I’m excited to see them grow up together and really hope they have a great bond. MH is very excited. 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• babyodobabyodo member
    @kalesix3 I've only thrown up twice - the first at 7 weeks and the second time at 11 weeks. I had around-the-clock nausea from the time I got my BFP to about 12 or 13 weeks, though.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @kalesix3 I didn't throw up during my pregnancy with DD. I haven't thrown up this time either but that doesn't make me think I'm having another girl.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @kalesix3 I am having a boy and threw up every day for a week and a half, after not throwing up at all with my first boy. 
  • Thanks ladies for the puking stats!! 🙈 I threw up constantly until 23 weeks last pregnancy (girl) 
    And I get gaggy and nauseous all the time with this one, but no actual puking and it seems like most people I hear from say no puking is definitely a boy symptom, and it always stresses me out and then I feel bad for letting it get to me. I know girl pregnancies can look totally different for each one but it's nice to hear it from others too! 
    I unintentionally swayed girl having no clue I'd conceive so hopefully it worked haha
  • @kalesix3 I'm totally confused by my nausea symptoms too. I was throwing up until 25 weeks last time (girl) but have been feeling pretty good for the last 2-3 weeks now this time. I'm team green too and just telling myself that it probably means absolutely nothing in terms of the sex of this baby. Maybe my body is just more tolerant this time. 🤷