December 2020 Moms

So, is there a certain type of toothpaste and mouthwash that pregnant woman are supposed to use?

I’m new to this pregnancy thing. I just found out I was pregnant like last week and I’m scared that I might be harming my baby without knowing. 

Answers

• Don't be scared. Everything will be okay.  You should schedule a prenatal visit as soon as you know you are pregnantEating Healthy will pay off! Trust me! :smile:
  • willashbabywillashbaby member
    edited April 2020
    No, your toothpaste will not have an effect on your baby as long as you aren't swallowing it. You SHOULD get regular check-ups and cleanings as many pregnant women experience gum and teeth issues. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Dental Hygienist here - I agree with what @willashbaby said. The only addition is that many dental offices (including the one I work for) are not seeing elective dental procedures such as teeth cleanings during the COVID 19 pandemic/stay at home orders. Make sure in the mean time you are brushing 2x day for 2 minutes each time and flossing 1x day. Electric toothbrushes are a great tool. :) 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!