Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday 4.16

What unpopular opinions do you have this week?
TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: UO Thursday 4.16

• @keikilove definitely see what you’re saying about sports in an empty stadium. It’s just not the same. Are they thinking about bringing them back? 

My UO is all cheese except mozzarella is smelly and gross. 😬 expecting a lot of hate for this one 😆
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @keikilove I'm also extremely happy they're postponing the olympics. I think that certain sports leagues should seriously consider either postponing or cancelling seasons. If people are REALLY hung up on having their sports, maybe having stations run replays of some of the most historic games from the various sports organizations.
    @jackie_dunny You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I mean... something is 100% wrong with your nose, but you're entitled to your messed up nose.

My UO is that I HAAAATE light beers with a passion. I don't mean light as in low calorie, I mean light as in the color of the beer. The lightest beer I will touch is an amber ale, even then it's not frequent, and I'm 150% a beer snob. I blame my dad. I also LOVE sour beers. They're SO good.
    Note: Those of you who dislike beer in general, I get it. It's an acquired taste for most. Up until about 3 years ago I was in the same boat until I started drinking Guinness.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @keikilove same, I will watch some sports casually but I'm definitely not missing them much. 

@jackie_dunny wow, that is a hot take! So you don't even like other mild cheeses, like cheddar or American or anything? 

Hmmm, struggling to think of one... I don't like Harry Potter that much? Idk, I work for a library so a lot of my coworkers are super into it and I feel like the odd man out. I enjoyed them as a kid but I don't get all of the adult hype around those books/movies.
  • mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited April 2020
    @keikilove I’m with ya on that one girl. I really don’t care if they come back soon or not either lol. 

@jackie_dunny omg girl. Whatttt? Hell no hahha. I’m sorry but I cannot get on board with this lol, . I LOVE cheese. All cheeses are sooo good. I do admit that feta is a stinky cheese 😆 but oh soo delicious

• @the_most_happy I think a lot of the adult hype that I've seen comes from the nostalgia of growing up with the books. It depends on the impact they had on you when you first read them. I think this is the same for a lot of fantasy novel series fandoms.
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @keikilove as someone who is not really into most sports i agree.  however i do enjoy soccer, and while im upset the Euros are postponed, it would be really weird and not at all exciting to watch without a live audience there.

@jackie_dunny that is the exact same UO as one of my coworkers.  i have never come across a cheese that i dont like so agree to disagree here!

@ashaislurking i prefer stouts and porters to lighter beers also, but depending on my mood, i dont mind drinking a Stella here and there.  however, i dont like Guinness!  i find it light tasting.  i go for those imperial stouts that are like 9-12% and super heavy and rich.  coffee stouts are my fave but better enjoyed without food because then its just so filling.

@the_most_happy i read all the books when i was younger and watched the movies but ehhh didnt really do it for me, agree!

hmmm lets see.  i HATE facial hair on men, even when well groomed.  i find it gross, not attractive at all and more personally whenever i dated someone with it i broke out constantly.  DH is now letting his beard grow in during quarantine and i totally hate it (and have told him)
  • @the_most_happy I agree! I LOVE Harry Potter but they are young. My love comes from being young and the impact they had on me then, but I always think it’s a little weird to see grown folks overly into it. And I mean I love them.. know my house and own all the books and the cursed child etc. but literally the first book is 11 year olds. 😬

i like Disney/Pixar movies too and feel the same way about adults who are overly into Disney and cartoons. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @ashaislurking Guinness 😝 no way! 

@the_most_happy ehhh American cheese is hit or miss. I really only like Kraft, the fake cheese 😆 no Harry Potter?! 😱

@mindyb2019 😆 this is the reaction I was expecting 

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @photographerwife 😆😆 DH and I are definitely those adults that are very into Disney 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @asf0613 Have you tried Dragon's Milk stout? SO good! I also prefer heavier, richer stouts, but Guinness was my gateway into stouts and porters. I really like coffee and chocolate stouts. I had a REALLY delicious local chocolate stout when I was up in Milwaukee and I can't remember the name of the brewery. Next time my dad goes to Wisconsin I want to go with him SPECIFICALLY to go to breweries and buy beer.

TTC History- *TW* LC

• @photographerwife DH has a friend who is SUPER into Disney, like Walt Disney himself, the history of the brand, the parks, etc etc.  He's 40?  i find it out of the ordinary, however it makes gift giving for his LO's very easy.  if i get anything Disney it looks like such a thoughtful gift.  
  • @asf0613 I have to agree with you. I don’t like facial hair on men either even if it’s groomed lol. I find all facial gross and not attractive at all. Not my style. 

@ashaislurking I actually don’t like beer at all. I never order it or choose to drink it. Never been my cup of tea. 

@the_most_happy I don’t like Harry Potter either lol. I have never ever watched any of the movies. No desire too. I don’t get all the adult hype for it either. 
  • edited April 2020
    @jackie_dunny you weirdos! 😂 I like Disney, but I have a co-worker who does a a Christmas tree in Disney and even wears Disney clothing. It’s so weird to me! To each his own though! I’m just as nerdy in other areas.  👀

@asf0613 it’s so weird to see what people are interested in! To each his own! I love facial hair though! I haven’t seen my husbands face since before we were married. 😂

@ashaislurking I’m also not a beer drinker, I just don’t like the taste. But I also used to not like wine either, so maybe I need to give it another try! I was ruined on light beer, and heavier beers always remind me of that taste. 
  • @photographerwife omg yes I don't get the people who are just like OMG DISNEY WORLD. OMG I WISH I COULD GO BACK. MY TRIP WASN'T LONG ENOUGH WAAAA.

@ashaislurking I will probably never acquire a taste for beer. I generally like sweet beverages and beer always leaves a weird taste in the back of my mouth.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @keikilove I'm missing sports so bad, specifically baseball!  I'm a big baseball fan and go to my team's home opening weekend every year.  I pay to stream the games on my phone and would pay for mlb.tv if H would let me.  We don't have TV so it's the only way I can connect to the games now.  I also like to go to our college's baseball games.  I miss baseball so much!!  But I agree it wouldn't be the same without the crowds.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @ashaislurking I am with you on the beer preference for sure. I also thought I didn't like beer until I tried someone else's dark beer. There is a local chain restaurant where I am in Texas that has a beer club you can join. Once you've tried 200 different beers, you get a plate on the wall with your name on it. That has been a really good gateway for me to try lots of different beers. I usually try to find whatever new porter or stout they have on tap and try that whenever we go. 
  • @shoogapoff one of my friends and I used to go to Old Chicago together when they'd have their beer tour challenges because our tastes in beer are complete opposites. She loves the IPAs and lagers where I love the stouts, porters, and darker ales. We'd always just swap with each other and have the other person drink whichever beers we didn't like to complete the flight. It was a good time until she moved back to the Kansas City metro.
    TTC History- *TW* LC