June 2020 Moms
Options

Product spotlight: travel accessories

Questions /advice? 

Re: Product spotlight: travel accessories

• Options
    We love love our Phil and teds lobster chair! We bring it to parents, restaurants, on trips. DS still uses it. Also love my Zoe travel stroller, Tula for babywearing through airport, and we got the Chico Lullago bassinet this time around and it’s super easy to break down and move from room to room. 
  • Options
    DockATot was great for travelling early on since it's easy to carry and DS was used to napping in it at home. I also loved the Summer Infant Pop N Sit chair for restaurants and travelling once DS could sit up on his own. I recommend a carrier for wearing through the airport (we used a baby bjorn and an ergo with DS. Both were borrowed so we got a lillebaby that we used a few times with DS and now will use with baby #2), gate check/check-on bags for carseat and stroller (cheap ones from Amazon), and a light travel stroller for older babies. We got a Summer Infant 3D light stroller for a trip when DS was 1 and switched to using it as his primary stroller since then (he's 2.5 and we still use it all the time!).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We’ve travelled a lot with DD and my two key items are a travel stroller that folds into a carryon- we had the baby jogger city tour and now have the colugo compact and a good lightish weight travel crib.  We have the babybjorn one which is expensive but really good quality and light. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Baby wear in airport. If you plan on traveling by plane (or even by car) frequently, consider NOT getting a Graco Pack and Play, at least for travel. They're incredibly heavy, super bulky. Just my two cents. I wish we had sprung for the Phil and Ted or the Lotus. 

I will not check car seats (my preference) so we generally can't fly due to money, but when we do, it's a seat for everyone. If the number of car seats means renting a luggage trolley to get through airport, that's OK with me-we bring our spare seats as they're cheaper and lighter, but I'm still not comfortable checking them. We've so far managed to borrow/rent strollers at destination if we fly, but if we couldn't I'd pick up a cheap lightweight maybe used stroller to fly with, not either of our favorites that are heavy and expensive to replace. 

Hooray for DVD players and snacks for travel, as well as Melissa and Doug Water Wow books-they can "paint" them with water over and over again. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have a lightweight umbrella stroller that we fly with. I bought some short flat bungie cords at home depot. I wear DS1 in the airport and strapped his travel carseat to the stroller with a flat bungie. In the airport, the stroller was a free luggage trolley and/or a place to park him while he ate. Both times we've flown with him, I haven't had to take my woven wrap off because it doesn't set off the metal detectors, but this policy varies by airport. 
    Pregnancy Ticker