September 2020 Moms

Week 3 Check In: 2/24

This never got made! Guess I’ll make it 🤷🏻‍♀️

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 3rd week of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what were your extracurricular activities growing up? 

Re: Week 3 Check In: 2/24

• EDD/weeks+days: 9/20; 10+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: probably finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): brussels sprout

Upcoming appointments: not until the end of march; i just had my first appointment on monday and heard the heartbeat for the first time!

How are you feeling? slowly starting to feel better ... smell and food aversions are still pretty bad plus exhaustion and mood swings; less nausea and vomiting though!

Raves/Rants: not a rant more like a panic ... i'm just freaking out about having to tell my work because I haven't been working there that long and I'm sure how people would react

Questions: no questions

GTKY: what were your extracurricular activities growing up? go-kart racing, academic decathlon (lol) 
  • readytobemamareadytobemama member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/weeks+days:  11w1d, Sept 18 (confused as Dr changed my due date after US but said I'm still 11w1d so...)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  green

Baby is the size of a(n): Lego man!

Upcoming appointments: March 20.  Hoping to get into a midwife though so might end up sooner with intro appointment

How are you feeling?  Starting to get my energy back which feels so good!  Still strong food aversions and smells, but with my cold nearly gone and more energy, I can deal with the rest!

Raves/Rants: finally gone two days in a row without having a nap!!  Still have to sleep in a little in the morning but suddenly feels like I have lots of extra time.

Questions: none that I can think of.

GTKY: what were your extracurricular activities growing up?  Volleyball in summer and ice hockey in winter- I love competition!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: September 14th 11w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): fig

Upcoming appointments: March 6th

How are you feeling? I was doing so much better and now I’m back to feeling really poorly. It probably doesn’t help that I have a cold. 

Raves/Rants: I told a family member that we weren’t really rooting one way or the other gender wise and they got really stuck on what V would want and then got really insulted when I said he honestly probably doesn’t know the difference. He is 2. What does the 2 year old want? He wants fruit snacks. 

Questions: 

GTKY: what were your extracurricular activities growing up? 
    Choir, Show Choir, Theater, Dance, and Matching Band/Flag Team
  • EDD/weeks+days: due September 17- 10 weeks and 6 days 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: found out last night-having a boy!

Baby is the size of a(n): LEGO man. It will update tomorrow!

Upcoming appointments: I go back next week!

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Mostly tired. More nauseous the last couple of days than I have been 

Raves/Rants: just anxious for my next appointment!

Questions: when do you start to feel the baby move? 

GTKY: what were your extracurricular activities growing up? I played tennis. 
  • @newmomnj35 I believe they say somewhere between 15 and 25 weeks which sounds about right for my memory of being pregnant with DS.
  • @newmomnj35 congrats on your boy!!

EDD: 9/20 10+4
    Finding out!
    Size: Strawberry 🍓 
    Upcoming Appointments: March 9 for NT scan and genetics consultation and carrier screening for H. March 11 for regular office appointment. 
    How are you feeling?: I’m feeling alright! Been sleeping a ton. But I think it’s good because I’m also trying really hard not to get sick! Nausea still comes every once in a while if I get hungry but it’s really not bad at all anymore. Feeling super bloated also.
    Raves/Rants: Today is my day off so I’m happy about that. I should probably go get my registration renewed but I know it’s going to be expensive so I really don’t want to haha but my luck I’ll get pulled over if I don’t. Also need to file my taxes. So much for a day off!
    Questions? Nah
    GTKY: Dance, mainly tap. I was in band. And I joined some clubs here and there. I wasn’t athletic at all so no sports. 
  • @bananabread26 I am terrible with go karts!

@readytobemama I wanted to play ice hockey after watching the Mighty Ducks movies!

@beaandthebabes I did theatre and music too. I can't dance though!

@newmomnj35 I am definely waiting to feel the baby move too!

@greyl tap dancing sounds pretty athletic!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday, first midwife appointment

How are you feeling? Definely getting some leg cramps. My sleep has been off. I'll nap before dinner and after, and then I'll be up in the middle of the night

Raves/Rants: I had my ultrasound last Friday! Measuring right to date, heartbeat 171. We were so happy :smile: Then MFM was on Monday for a meds check for my anti nausea need along with all my anti depressants etc. that I already take. He acted like it was the easiest case ever and I don't need to go back, so I guess that's good. But he was also a little weird about my chronic fatigue and mentioned that I might not be able to push (that's not how it works, the fatigue is after the exertion not all the time) But otherwise it was fine. 

Questions: What is an app that gives you cool examples for how big baby is? I had one before but I forget now

GTKY: what were your extracurricular activities growing up? Choir, Orchestra, Theatre, Poetry Club
  • Forgot to mention this but my libido is finally coming back! I feel like it’s been so long though I forget how to be seductive 😂
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11w 4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green

Baby is the size of a(n): brussels sprout

Upcoming appointments: I had my NIPT yesterday and met with genetics.  12 week appointment on Monday.

How are you feeling? Besides this nausea that just won't leave or let up...I'm anxious/terrified for my appointment on Monday.  I have no reason to feel like that but PGAL brain is tough to shake.  Hopefully I will feel better after Monday. 

Raves/Rants: work and school have been a struggle these past two weeks because my nausea/vomiting has been so bad.  Thankfully my work is super supportive.

Questions: 

GTKY: what were your extracurricular activities growing up? I was very introverted growing up and I spent a lot of time reading.  In middle school I played basketball and ran track, but I wasn't particularly good at either.  I ran track in high school as well but after moving I gave up on that too.  I'm not very exciting.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11 weeks + a few

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  hoping for pink!

Baby is the size of a(n):  strawberry I think?

Upcoming appointments: A couple weeks I see the actual OB for the first time

How are you feeling?  I'm feeling GREAT! So nice to be back to normal.

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what were your extracurricular activities growing up?  I loved horses so lots of horse riding, and I danced ballet for 10 years.
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • @newmomnj35 It depends on lots of factors of course! With DS1 I felt him around 16-17 weeks or so, but with the later ones it was more like 13, mostly because I knew what I was feeling!  
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!