September 2020 Moms

Weeks 1&2 Check-in wo 2/24

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 1st and 2nd weeks of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was your favorite vacation?
Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
DS2 5/17
#3 Due 9/20
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weeks 1&2 Check-in wo 2/24

• EDD/weeks+days: 12+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out. Pink based on Sneak Peek.

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon on Wednesday

Upcoming appointments: Had one today. It was the physical that includes a pelvic and breast exam. It was pretty quick and they didn't require blood work today and I got to hear the heartbeat so I was happy. Next appointment is in 3 weeks. 

How are you feeling? Meh. Better than 6-9 weeks, but not great. So exhausted, mildly nauseous, and completely overwhelmed and emotional. I do not cry often usually and feel like if someone were to ask me in person I am doing I would just break down in tears. 

Raves/Rants: Rant I guess. We fly to Florida on Sunday and I am feeling very under-prepared and overwhelmed by the quantity of items we need to take. Specifically the double stroller and 2 car seats seem like such a task getting through the airport. All that work and it is not even supposed to be all that warm while we are there!!

Questions: Is your anatomy scan schedule already? Because I am being referred to MFM for the anatomy scan they have not schedule it yet and I am getting antsy.

GTKY: What was your favorite vacation? Either my honeymoon to Mexico or a psycho-oncology conference that H attended in Huntington Beach, CA that I tagged along to. Our resort was amazing and our time there was so laid back and relaxed.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • EDD/weeks+days:  9/9, 11w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: PINK!

Baby is the size of a(n): fig I think?

Upcoming appointments: 3/6 for my NT scan

How are you feeling? Still icky - damn I’m ready for the 2nd trimester already!

Raves/Rants: nope

Questions: nope

GTKY: What was your favorite vacation? We went to Tahiti for 10 days (way before kids), and it was AMAZING! I can’t wait to go back one day!
  • Loading the player...
  • @Louise_Belcher - we don’t make the anatomy scan appointment until like 2-3 weeks beforehand. 
  • EDD/weeks+days:  11w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: first OB appointment next Tuesday

How are you feeling? Still super sick and tired. 

Raves/Rants: I ate lunch today, it sat well for like half an hour and then all of the sudden the nausea just rushed at me. Wtf!

Questions
    Holland 100%. We went for a week a few years back and I'd love to go do 2-3 weeks. My mom was talking about going next April but I think it would be a bit much with an almost 3 year old and a 6-7 month old
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @Louise_Belcher mine won't be scheduled until a couple of weeks prior. Usually after my 16 week appointment I get a call letting me know
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @Louise_Belcher I don’t have my anatomy scan scheduled yet. FTM, so no idea when that will happen. 

@starlynn91 I am so ready for the second tri. 

@mflowers929 Sorry lunch didn’t want to stay put 😔

EDD/weeks+days: 9/11 / 11+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Can’t wait to find out!

Baby is the size of a(n): opening of a paper towel tube 🤷‍♀️

Upcoming appointments: Bloodwork tomorrow, ultrasound and DNA test on Thursday

How are you feeling? Still happy and grateful and sick. 

Raves/Rants: I had a cold the past few days, which obviously sucks, but the upside was my nausea completely went away... I guess maybe because I couldn’t smell anything? I kind of wish the cold would come back—I’ll take that over nausea any day. I just want to be able to eat normally again.

Questions: Oh so many...

GTKY: What was your favorite vacation? I’ve really loved them all—it’s so hard to pick just one. Not that I’m a huge traveler, but I’ve
    enjoyed and am thankful for every trip I’ve gotten to take, near or far. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 
    13 weeks (and I’m totally confused, this isn’t my first rodeo and I really thought this was second trimester— but not until next week??)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    We’ve decided to find out.

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Jalapeño 

Upcoming appointments:
    3 weeks 

How are you feeling? 
    My appetite is getting a little better, but the headaches, constipation, and exhaustion are still such a struggle. Most days I’m so tired I could honestly just sit and cry.

Raves/Rants: 
    Our community is still getting hammered by influenza and I’m terrified! Not just for myself, but for the kids (all 3 are high risk, 2 due to health conditions and 1 due to age). I want it to end! Hoping another week or two and we will see a drop in cases, I feel like it’s been going on forever.. 

Questions: 

Gosh. I love vacations so it’s hard to choose! Either our trip to California or Siesta Key Florida. Both such gorgeous trips and the kids has a BLAST! We were going to go on vacation again next month, but I’m a little too nervous being pregnant. Not sure it’ll be any safer to go next year with a ~5 month old though? 
  • @chasingroygbiv I thought 2nd started at 13 weeks too. According to Mayo Clinic, it is, but it seems to depend on where you search. I am counting it because I desperately want out of 1st tri.  :D Also I have definitely just started crying one night because I was so exhausted and needed to give the boys a bath.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @Louise_Belcher I’m with you, I’m going to go with Mayo Clinic and say I’m in 2nd tri. Maybe it’ll suddenly give me a shock of energy if I have it in my head??  :D I also super struggle at night with dinner/baths/bedtime. I feel so guilty because I’m terribly crabby come 6 pm every night. I just want to lay down! DH works icky hours so I’m mostly on my own in the evenings. 
  • @chasingroygbiv 13 weeks is definitely your 2nd trimester. Go ahead and celebrate! I still feel pretty rough, too. I remember not really getting my energy back until around 16 weeks last time.

@Louise_Belcher I have the order from my OB for my anatomy scan, but I haven't made the appointment- can make it anytime I want as long as it's around 20w. It's weird this time around. Outside of regular prenatal visits, I have to make all testing and US appointments myself. It was not like this with DS. My OBs office made all the appointments. 

EDD/weeks+days: Aug. 31st 13w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): Scoop of ice cream, lemon, peach

Upcoming appointments: I just had my NT scan and 1st trimester screening this past friday. Everything looks good with baby.

How are you feeling? Still tired, and nauseous when I eat. *knock on wood* The insomnia is starting to wane.

Raves/Rants: I'm worried about the nausea since I'm already in my 2nd trimester. I'm hoping it ends soon so that I can eat more consistently and healthfully. My OB offered medication, but I think I want to wait another week or so before I decide to take something. I just don't know the side effects of the meds and what they may do to the baby. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What was your favorite vacation? I went to Italy in high school for class credit. It was an amazing 2 weeks. Also, My honeymoon to Vancouver Island. It was so gorgeous, and DH and I fell in love with it. We would love to go back and explore more.
    BabyFruit Ticker