Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC 2/21

Ok ladies, let's hear those confessions! *Not guaranteed to be flame-free.

Re: FFFC 2/21

• Loading the player...
  • Ok, here's mine. When DH and I first got married, we used to watch WWE every week. Flame away.

• @emeraldduchess MH watches all of the pay per views still - not a weekly watcher unless something big is happening. I follow along (and watched Total Divas). Aaaaand this year for Christmas I got him tickets to see Smackdown next week! (He's saying we're not going if I get a positive beta because he won't want me in a crowd or exposed to germs.) 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• edited February 2020
    @mvt2003 I gave DH tickets to an event 10 years ago (Degeneration X was fighting so I couldn't NOT take him). It was definitely an interesting experience. The REALLY hardcore fans are like a whole subculture I didn't know existed. They show up wearing replica belts and everything. 
    @legallykate DH will tune in occasionally if he recognizes some of the characters. I always enjoy the shocked look on my students' faces when they find out I know who John Cena is and can name some of his finishing moves. Ha!
  • @keikilove saaaame. I had a good GTKY idea that I wrote a note for in my phone so I wouldn't forget it because I've forgotten so many of my ideas over the months. Once the afternoon hits I figure it's too late to get good discussion if it's started when half the day is over.

FFFC - Everytime I notice a siggy that shows ages like 5+ years apart I'm always like how TF did you meet because I don't hang out with people more than 5 years my senior (excluding robotics student's parents). Then again it's not like I regularly go out to the bars and meet people. I'm such a homebody.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I wonder the same thing except my threshold is 10+ years. 
    Maybe this is my FFFC.... but MH is 7.5 years older than me and we met..... wait for it..... on MySpace! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that also basically tells you how long we’ve been together because if someone else told me they met that way I’d assume that wouldn’t last cuz it’s so random and weird. Lmao. At the time, he was living in NM and I was living in Halifax, NS Canada (was in my first year of university). We were long distance for the majority of the first 5 years of our relationship. Somehow we managed to make it work despite many many bumps in the road. 
  • @krystrist2014 yeah 5 years really isn't too bad. Creeping up on 10 year age gap is a little 😬 to me depending on when the relationship started.

My side eye of age gaps like that probably comes from reading too many Reddit relationship posts where the girl is barely 20 and she's dating a 30+ year old and sometimes it comes out that she's probably the side piece for him 😬😬
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bserena haha no worries! It certainly can work for some couples! I'm part of the I met my husband in high school and have been dating since college boat so it's hard for me to fathom meeting and becoming interested in someone much older or younger than me.

And what's that weird equation? The acceptable age range for dating is twice your age minus 7 years or half your age plus 7 years? 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23.  Yes the golden math of dating.  I can't even imaging dating someone half my age plus 7.  My DH and I have been dating since high school and I am so glad.  
  • spinnylinnyspinnylinny member
    edited February 2020
    @bserena  same here! 

@inthewoods23 my hubby and I are almost 13 years apart  😬 hahah. It sounds cringey but it works for us. We have been together for 10 years and were totally that 20 something + 30 something couple that sounded weird If you didn’t know we were friends first... 

He was the bartender at my local corner bar, I used to get off work late and we would Have a drink and chat as he was closing up most nights. I remember when our friendship started to seem like something more—  my mom said something to the effect of “just go on a date with the guy... you don’t have to marry him!”...  Whoops! 

Honestly at this point I forget my age...

I do totally agree though that not every couple with a big age gap should be a thing...  

• DH and I are 22 years apart but we were friends for a few years before we started dating and we were both DEFINITELY adults. It's not at all strange to us, but I effectively had to cut off half of my family because they treated DH like shit because of his age. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @inthewoods23. I feel you today.  Walked into the kitchen and there was an empty ice cream container on the stove.  When I went to throw it away, the trash was full.  So why didnt the guy who ate the ice cream handle it?  My guess is he was in his boxers and didn't want to take the trash out.  
  • @dobiemom11 always a battle. Late yesterday he also left a soda can on the counter. What was a foot below that? The f*cking garbage/recycle bins. Like really?? You can set it down, but can't spend the 2 seconds to open the damn garbage to actually dispose of it? I don't even understand where he gets this. Probably doesn't help that he never lived on his own to learn to clean up his own messes.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23. I was talking with my therapist about this.  My DH will gladly help if you ask him for it, but just doesn't seem to "see" problems.  Like it doesn't seem to cross his mind that the reason the dishes are piling up is that the dishwasher needs to be emptied.  But since I am currently working part time, I am trying to take care of more of the house stuff.  The dishwasher is my nemesis though.  I think of our conversation a few weeks ago about how two people can make a whole load of dishes a day every single time I unload it.  But it does make me thankful for this group Everytime.