September 2020 Moms

Is announcing at 11.5 weeks basically the same as 12 weeks?

I will be 12 weeks on the 27th of February, however, my "12 week appointment" in on the 24th, when I will be about 11 weeks 4 days. If we see the heartbeat at that appointment, are we technically in a safer zone, or should we wait till 15 weeks? Our anniversary is March 2nd, so we wanted to announce then and thought it would be special. Although, our last pregnancy ended in a MMC at 10.5 weeks we found out the baby had stopped growing around 9 weeks,  so we are a little cautious now. What do you guys think? I know it's ultimately up to you, but what would you guys do if you were in my shoes?

Answers

• It’s hard to find any welcome on these boards.. you should announce when ever you want! It’s always exciting telling everyone since it’s all we ever think about. Good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • kyliegdwn said:
    It’s hard to find any welcome on these boards.. you should announce when ever you want! It’s always exciting telling everyone since it’s all we ever think about. Good luck! 
    What exactly do you mean by this?

OP, do what you want. Will having to tell people about a loss bother you? Because it can happen at any time, including at birth. It’s just more likely at an earlier stage. Personally I have let people I see a lot know in case I have a medical issue since I’ve had 3 losses and have 3 on the way. I’ve also been very open about my journey. If you’ve seen a HB and growth that goes along with dates, by 8-10 weeks things will likely continue... but you know it isn’t always that way. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Lurking from TTGP
    My WK sense was tingling: