Digital test accuracy? — The Bump
New to The Bump

Digital test accuracy?

Hi all!

I lost my first pregnancy back in November at 8 weeks.
I got my first period in December and then again 28 days later.

I JUST took a pregnancy test today and it came back positive. I’m only a day or two late but we’ve been trying to hard, I couldn’t wait any longer. It was a digital test.

I guess my question is can digital tests provide a false positive? I’m so new with all of this and my miscarriage was so heartbreaking that I’m just praying this is finally the real deal. I’m going to take the next test tomorrow.

Re: Digital test accuracy?

• meggymemeggyme member
    edited February 12
    Hi all!

I lost my first pregnancy back in November at 8 weeks.
    I got my first period in December and then again 28 days later.

I JUST took a pregnancy test today and it came back positive. I’m only a day or two late but we’ve been trying to hard, I couldn’t wait any longer. It was a digital test.

I guess my question is can digital tests provide a false positive? I’m so new with all of this and my miscarriage was so heartbreaking that I’m just praying this is finally the real deal. I’m going to take the next test tomorrow.
    It’s not likely a false positive. Digitals typically have a higher hcg requirement which is why most people will turn several analog tests before they can turn a digital positive. You are most likely pregnant. Congratulations!
    ME: 32  DH: 32 DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::