Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 2/4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Tuesday 2/4

• Good morning ladies! 

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 23/7

Timing: -1, +2

Typical LP length: Varying but guessing 14 this month

Testing: WFAF (expected on 12th)

R/R: It is beautiful here in FL this morning and the air is nice and cool and crisp (a rarity in FL haha). I get to leave work a little early for a doctors appointment and then I’m taking my car for an oil change. A bit tedious but at least I get to leave work early, right? Lol.

CS/Q: Nope

• Month/Cycle: 9/7/1AL

CD/DPO: 24/9

Timing: -1 (x2, hehe)

Typical LP length: 16 days

Testing: Tomorrow

R/R: RANT - Okay, I know I don't have kids yet, but there are some things that parents do that absolutely baffle me. This is long and ranty, so feel free to skip if you're limited on time. So, I am in charge of scheduling certain types of mandated training for my base. One of those trainings is a four-hour long course on Civil Rights that we host quarterly, and the next session is tomorrow. While I was showering in the locker room this morning after my run, I overheard two coworkers (one of whom I have a torrid history with...ugh) talking about a recent sickness that both of their husbands and children got. They were saying it was so bad that their husband sh*t the bed.  :o Anyway, the coworker I don't like said that she and her husband have had to alternate days of staying home to watch their 1 year old son, because he can't return to daycare until he hasn't had a fever for more than 48 hours. She said that she can't miss the training tomorrow, so she's just going to BRING HER SICK SON AND SIT IN THE BACK. 

Y'all... I can't.

If your son is too sick to go to daycare, why the hell do you think it's okay to bring him to sit for four hours in a room with 80-100 other people?!?? And of course I didn't say anything, because she is just the type to twist what I said around to make it look like I was picking on her. She's like that. So, now I have to look up and see if that same training is being held on any other bases locally on a later date so that she can skip tomorrow and go to one of those.

CS/Q: Nope

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

brookert615krystrist2014bluetickgal
  • Loading the player...
  • krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited February 2020
    @ttcbabyodo nooooo. I honestly don’t know why she would put herself, her son, and everyone else in the room through that. And I’m sorry, but even a sick toddler is unlikely to sit quietly through that training. So this likely will cause disruption for everyone else. If it were me I would have MH take two days in a row and then I’d take the next two if I absolutely had to be at that training and still wanted to keep it fair between MH and I. 

Edited for typos
  • I feel like I haven't been able to keep up here, sorry guys! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 21/7

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 🤷‍♀️

Testing: Trying to hold out

R/R: My boss is on vacation this week so it is kinda like a vacation for me too! 

CS/Q: Not temping

@krystrist2014 FL sounds so nice right now! I can't wait for spring in MN!

@ttcbabyodo I hate people that think everyone is going bed over backwards for them because they have kids. There are a lot of people that have kids, you're not special. You have to make it work. Luckily I think the people like that are less common then the leveled headed adults with common sense raising kids, I hope at least. 

@kpearse99 idk why but Thomas Rhett's song Remember You Young always makes me cry! Ruins my mascara on my way to work! If you regularly get waxes I would say it's perfectly safe. If this is something new I wouldn't try it right now but not because I think it would affect your beta but you just don't need anything else that will give you stress or anxiety right now. 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

kpearse99bluetickgal
  • @krash_ Thanks! It's something I get done monthly, so it's not a new thing. Of course the thought is still in the back of my mind though haha Enjoy your boss being away for the week! I like when that happens too haha
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I think you’d be okay for the wax. 😜 I’m holding my breath waiting for Friday! I want this October baby for you! 

@ttcbabyodo wow......

kpearse99
  • @krystrist2014 I want an October baby so badly too!!! I'm beyond ready... but don't hold your breath too much haha 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

krystrist2014
  • Month/Cycle: 21/15/5 AL#2

CD/DPO: 26/8 or 9

Timing: Really good!

Typical LP length: 14-16 days

Testing: Probably at 15DPO to stop progesterone if necessary.

R/R: The weather was so wonderful yesterday, and today is rainy & gloomy! Guess we should be thankful that we got a couple of nice days in February already though! In case anyone is curious, we are 4 days away from the weekend!! ☺️

CS/Q: None, not temping in TWW.

@krystrist2014 I’m glad you are having nice weather and will be able to enjoy it this afternoon...even if that does entail some errands! Always nice to be able to leave work early! 
    @ttcbabyodo sorry you are having to deal with that (and have had to deal with her crap for such a long time)! I definitely feel like if he can’t go to daycare, he shouldn’t be around a bunch of people at the training! Hopefully she makes other arrangements! 
    @kpearse99 sorry you are extra emotional today! I’m hoping that’s just an early symptom for you though!! 🤞🏻 Come on Friday...and come on October!! I wouldn’t think a wax would affect anything, but you gotta do what you feel is best! 
    @krash_ oh, it’s always nice when the boss is out...just makes things a little more relaxed! Enjoy!! 
    krystrist2014jennifer_louise
  • Update: I sent her the info and she said she's going to one of the alternate dates. Crisis averted!

@bluetickgal - it was so gorgeous out yesterday! MH and I went for a nice 2 mile walk around our neighborhood when we got home from work. It's yucky here today, though. The drastic switch in weather gave me an instant headache. I might go home early since it's getting worse, I'm nauseated, and my vision is starting to get a little blurry. I don't want this to progress into a full-blown migraine.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

krystrist2014bluetickgal
  • @krystrist2014 Yay for leaving working early, even if it is for a mundane errand.  I used to love taking my car in to be serviced when I lived in the city because I'd have to wait for it.  (Now back in a small town we just drop it off and pick it up when it's done)  I'd use that time to read a book or listen to a podcast. It was for sure time I got for myself.

@ttcbabyodo Nope nope nope.  Why????  I really hope there's another training she can go to for the sake of the kid and all the people he may spread his sickness to.  Ugh.

@kpearse99 I'm a Scorpio and I do the same thing.  I teared up at a few of the Superbowl commercials (Remembering Loretta got me bad).

@krash_ Love when the boss is on vacation!  Sometimes I would be even more productive when they weren't there because I could actually focus on my work and not questions from them every 5 seconds.

@bluetickgal The weather kinda did a switch on us here too.  It was gorgeous for a few days and then all of a sudden FREEZING!!!!  It's supposed to warm back up today or tomorrow though, thank goodness.  I'm just ready for SUMMER!!

Month/Cycle: 1/1 after 3 years during round 1

CD/DPO: 26/7-ish

Timing: decent

Typical LP length: unsure now

Testing: WFAF (expected 2/15 per FF, but I expect it a little sooner)

R/R: Rant - H and I got in a huge fight yesterday for the first time in a very long time.  I know it's stemming from me having a hard time mentally and not being able to process things as easily right now.  I ended up going over to his sister's house to cool down and we were able to talk a bit after.
    Rave - Despite the crappy day, H and I were able to make it to the gym together last night and have a pretty good time working out.  I put all my stress and frustration into lifting and it felt really good.

CS/Q: nope

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

bluetickgal
  • @ttcbabyodo glad you don’t have to worry about the issue now! We went for a really long walk yesterday too, it was wonderful!! Sorry the drastic weather change has you not feeling so good...I hope you can go home and rest so it doesn’t go into a full-blown migraine! 
    @linzrunz crazy weather!! I’m ready for Spring, we can’t skip right over that to Summer (at least in my opinion)! ☺️ So sorry you and YH got in a fight...I’m glad you were able to talk about it and then work out together!! That can be such a great stress reliever!! 
    linzrunz
  • @krystrist2014 I feel you on leaving early!! It’s always exciting whatever the reason, lol. 

@ttcbabyodo yea no, he shouldn’t be there. Glad she’s going on a different date. As for the 48 he 24 hour policy thing, our policy at my center is 24 hours fever free for most situations but this year we have changed our policy when it comes to the stomach virus. They have to be 48 hours symptom free. It has made a huge difference in how badly it spreads. We don’t play when it comes to that particular illness lol. Usually when it comes through it wipes out half the kids and half the teachers lol. This year we’ve only had a couple cases and they haven’t been widespread and I really think it’s because of the policy change. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: CD 27/ who knows 

Timing: not feeling great about it 

Typical LP length: No idea 

Testing: WFAF. Feel like it’s going to be soon, maybe tomorrow. I’ve been lightly spotting the last three days which is what happened last cycle. I’m just hoping my next cycle will be a little less whacky!! The PMS post mirena has been a real b*tch. 

R/R: My right leg is hurting so bad. It’s like a deep muscle ache. I don’t know what’s going on with it. I haven’t gone to the gym in over a week, but I’m going tonight (as long as I don’t have to work over 🤞) Maybe some stretching will help it. 

CS/Q: nope

krystrist2014
  • @bluetickgal Always give me the daily countdowns to the weekend!! <3

@linzrunz ugh the drastic weather changes are the worst! And seem to be more frequent year after year... it sucks. I'm glad you and YH are in a better place today. <3 Are you feeling any better with your anxiety today?

@kitkatz1990 I remember the PMS symptoms after the mirena being crazy too!!
    Our TTC Journey

bluetickgallinzrunz
  • Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 23/6

Timing: -3,-2,-1

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: holding out until 11 or 12 dpo

R/R: its my birthday!!! I went to the DMV and realized I will probably need glasses

CS/Q nope

krystrist2014
  • @legendairymomma happy birthday!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
    legendairymomma
  • @legendairymomma happy birthday, love!!! 
    Our TTC Journey

legendairymomma
  • @kitkatz1990 sorry you feel like AF is coming! Hope you were able to make it to the gym and your leg is better after some stretching!
    @legendairymomma Happy Birthday!! 🎂 Hope you had a great day, despite having to go to the DMV!
    legendairymomma
  • Month/Cycle: 4/8

CD/DPO:  CD 17 

Timing: been dtd about every other day depending on mood and frustration. 

Typical LP length:  2-3 weeks depending on the month

Testing: not testing due to period issues coming off birth control but was able to find out when I was last ovulating roughly from U/S last month at OB

R/R: my period should technically be coming any day up until early next week with my current issues and my anxiety is so high just waiting and Hoping. 

CS/Q:how do you help the anxiety of trying to get pregnant and struggling. I feel bad even saying this so TW: living children mentioned. I don’t know how to add a spoiler so please share if you do. I’m sorry! 

I did not have much trouble conceiving my first two children which I am so grateful for since miscarriage and stillbirth runs in my family strongly and I have been so anxious with both pregnancies but this new and scary. I have always felt My body was incompetent due to delivery issues resulting in emergency c section where I was fully knocked out and resulted in ptsd symptoms. I worry my body is failing again and I feel awful saying that as I have been completely blessed with two beautiful girls. Ugh I hate and ache for those you yearn for children and yet don’t have them. And wish I could grant them that. I feel guilty for struggling thinking I should be grateful even though I am! Ugh idk I just feel bad and depressed and anxious. 

krystrist2014
  • @krystrist2014 my BFF is in Florida after moving from MN and her weather reports make me so jealous haha 
    @ttcbabyodo omg coworkers that bring sick kids or come in sick drive me crazy! I have sick clients come in but don’t tell me they are sick until halfway through a session! )glad she waited to attend. Also she is crazy! I have heard the Disney run is awesome how was it? 
     @kpearse99 do the wax! Fingers crises for you as well! Hope that is okay to say still learning here :) 
    @krash_ enjoy the boss vacation those are nice :) 
    @bluetickgal yay on good timing
    @linzrunz glad you two were able to work in out. Fights suck sending you a virtual hug :)
    @kitkatz1990 I feel you on the post birth control AF BS. Also where in your leg are you feeling it? Pigeon pose helps me a ton with sciatica/ glute and hamstring pain. Hope it eases for you.
    @legendairymomma happy Birthday hope you had a great day and feel celebrated 
    kpearse99legendairymommalinzrunz