Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 2/4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 2/4

• Month/Cycle: 14/16 including 2 benched. 

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: OPKs plus tracking CM

R/R: Blazing OPK last night! That always makes me feel like I’m in the home stretch of FW haha. Just a couple more days of sex! We have another firm in town to help us with one of our audits and it’s always mentally exhausting when they are here. Everything they do is overkill and it drives our client crazy so I have to be the peacemaker. So another fun day of that ahead. 

CS/Q: 

brookert615mvt2003kpearse99
  • @bows22 yay for blazing OPKs. Good luck today. That sounds stressful.

Month/Cycle: 8/5

CD: 51

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, temping, currently NTNP

R/R: my basement project is officially underway. They removed almost the entirety of the wall yesterday (I'll include some pics). They put up a large tarp so it wasn't wide open overnight. It was definitely strange (and didn't help my anxiety) going to bed last night knowing that there wasn't a wall 2 floors below me. I'll definitely sleep better and be significantly less anxious once the wall is rebuilt.

CS/Q: so frustrated with this cycle. I either need CHs or for AF to get here. 

bows22mvt2003
  • Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 Oh wow. I know they wouldn’t tell you it’s okay to live there if it wasn’t totally safe but that’s easy to say! So I don’t blame you for being anxious, I would be the same. I hope they are able to work quickly. 
    gingermama29
  • @bows22 Yay for blazing OPKs! I'm hoping I'm right behind you.

@gingermama29 I get that anxiety. Hopefully it will be done on time so you can move forward. 

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD:  14

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNVs, temping, SMEP (mostly)

R/R: I literally had a dream last night that I had EWCM, then woke up disappointed that I did not. This TTC thing is seriously getting to my brain. 

CS/Q: Nothing new. OPKs still in the middle range. Nothing as dark as control. I was trying to start testing twice a day yesterday, but I leave for work around 7 am and don't get home until after 7 pm. Thoughts on how to get away with that at work? I think people would be suspicious if I stayed in the bathroom for the full 5 minutes haha

mvt2003gingermama29
  • @fitzfizz 7 AM and 7 PM usually works fine for me with OPKs, were you on BC before TTC? I will say that it took me about 3 months after BC to catch a true positive, even testing multiple times a day. I would just mark the darkest one as positive. But after that it’s been fine. 
  • @bows22 Yes, I had the implant which was removed 2 months ago. I know I just need to be patient and hopefully everything will go back to normal, it is just slightly disheartening to realize that the fact that I'm not getting positive OPKs means I might not ovulate. Out of curiosity, do you think you ovulated the cycles that you didn't get true positives? 
    bows22
  • Month/Cycle: 18/18

CD: No clue anymore!

WAYDTGKU: IVF

R/R: I'm feeling the stims today - bending over feels a little weird, and I just feel mildly crampy and blah. I've got a busy day in the office, but thankfully it's mostly chained-to-my-desk today, not a running around day. I'm anticipating seeing some follie progress at tomorrow's monitoring appointment! 

I forgot my wireless headphones today, so I'm going to be stuck with the wires (and can't charge my phone, thanks Apple lightning cable!) and I also forgot my yogurt, so no snack for me! I guess I'll "have to" go to the snack closet for Oreos, twist my arm. :D 

CS/Q: Nope

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

brookert615bows22kpearse99
  • @bows22 Woooooo hooo to blazing OPK!!!!!!! Get it, girl!!!!!

@gingermama29 Ohhh friend I hope this gets done QUICK! I would also be very nervous about a hole in my house!!!!!

@fitzfizz I've personally found that I always catch my surge testing on cheapies at night. My first few cycles of using the wondfos, I tested constantly, snuck them into my work bathroom, but I found as long as I did one as soon as I got home from work, I would catch the surge, so it didn't matter if I did one at 10am, noon, 2pm, etc. I work in a large company, so it was fairly easy for me to sneak away for the full 5 minutes - as far as anyone was concerned, I could have been running an invoice somewhere or over with a colleague. The harder part was getting a cup into the bathroom subtly :D That being said, @bows22 is right - you may need some more time post-bc to get your hormones back in kilter. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

bows22
  • @bows22 woo blazing OPK! Get it girl! Hehe

@gingermama29 omg I am anxious right with you! All your worries are exactly what I'd worry about too. I was sorta the same when we had windows replaced. It was the middle of January and I was freaking out about things getting in and the house freezing up. Turned out fine, but it's too easy to worry.

@fitzfizz welcome to the "I had a TTC related dream" club. Pretty sure I've dreamed of BFPs a few times or have woken up thinking my dream actually happened.

@mvt2003 it's interesting how I never felt super bloated during the IVF stims, and they had collected 24 eggs! Your forgetfulness reminds me of my lunch yesterday when I realized I forgot to grab my dressing and that was a very disappointing lunch yesterday.

Month/Cycle: 32/20 something

CD: 23

WAYDTGKU: FET

R/R: I already wish the work week was over. I hate when there are annoying things on Mondays. Ruins the rest of my week. I almost lost my BCP to the floor yesterday. Good thing is they're having me take 20 pills before stopping and then another 20 again so if I had completely lost once I have a spare in the pack lol

CS/Q: nope

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
    brookert615bows22mvt2003
  • @bows22 - Love a good blazing OPK! 

@gingermama29 - Holy smokes! How long will the project take? Are you finishing the basement as well or just rebuilding the wall?

@fitzfizz - The few times I used an OPK at work I just took it, let it sit for a minute or so and then stuck it in my little period pouch (tampons, liners, etc) and brought it back to my office to read.

@mvt2003 - Your description is giving me flashbacks! I was so bloated and uncomfortable lol I can't wait to hear about the follies tomorrow!

@inthewoods23 - Oh man! I was always so scared I would drop or lose my clomid, because they gave me an exact amount! I wish the work week would be over too!

Month/Cycle: 19 

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: IVF - Biopsy and ERA testing

R/R: Did a lot of crying and whining yesterday - but I'm feeling better today. I feel like I bottle up my emotions a lot lately and sometimes I just need to let it all out. My DH is a saint for putting up with me.

They kept me on the same dose of estrace and I go back again Thursday morning for another lining check (the 7th lining check of this cycle to be exact). Apparently the doctor that reviewed it yesterday (not my doc) said everything looked good and was ready to schedule the biopsy, but she didn't want it to fall on Saturday. So they said to expect the biopsy to be next Tuesday. I'm wondering how accurate the results of the ERA test and other tests are going to be if my lining isn't where it should be for a transfer? 

CS/Q: None
    bows22mvt2003
  • @feather_heather when are you starting progesterone? ERA is always done about 5 days after progesterone is started so it shouldn't matter how long it takes the lining to build.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 - If everything is a go on Thursday, I would assume I'd start the PIO that night (for biopsy tuesday). Was the biopsy painful? Wondering if I should use that as an excuse to take the whole day off from work? 
  • @mvt2003 you definitely deserve some Oreos! I hope you treated yourself!

@inthewoods23 I am with you on the annoying week! Hope it goes quickly for both of us!

@feather_heather I’m glad you are feeling better. I’m looking forward to your lining update! I hope you get a nice surprise!

@fitzfizz my charts aren’t pretty but FF seems to think that I did (but maybe it wouldn’t if I didn’t have the + OPK in there). It’s funny though because my post-BC chart is probably the nicest looking one. Going to try to post them in the spoiler 

mvt2003fitzfizz
  • @feather_heather it sucks not being able to take any pain meds beforehand since ibuprofen can mess with the inflammation part if they're checking that. It hurt (slight discomfort), and then it HURT but once she was done getting the sample the pain subsides pretty quickly. It lasts maybe 10 seconds. I went to work, left for the biopsy, and came back that day. They said I have a high pain tolerance but I find that hard to believe haha.

If a nurse offers you a hand you may want to take it. I opted for reading the Receptiva brochure they gave me before we got started 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
    feather_heatherjennifer_louise
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: HIO EOD during FW, tracking CM, PNV

R/R: Feeling better today about the situation with my father now that I have plans in place to go up on Saturday. I also got trip protection/insurance so if his health seems to be deteriorating quickly I can move my flight up and go anytime. Trying to just focus on work today and keep my mind off of all of that, since there is nothing I can really do now! Rave: grateful to have a forum where I can vent and give and receive support!

CS/Q: None

@bows22 yay for positive OPK! Enjoy HIO ;)

@gingermama29 wow! Those pictures are crazy! But so glad it is finally being done, you've had to wait awhile and I bet you'll be so glad to have it completed and not have to worry about it anymore! Fx it gets done quickly!

@fitzfizz sorry that TTC brain is stressing you out! I am trying my best to not go down that rabbit hole, but knowing myself and my anxiety, that isn't too far away.   :D 

@mvt2003 FX for lots of progress with your follies at tomorrows monitoring appointment!! And my office is always filled with snacks, which should be awesome but is just terrible because I end up eating so. freaking. much. junk food!

@inthewoods23 I'm sorry for the sucky Monday/today. Hopefully the rest of the week won't be so bad, but I get why you feel that way! Also, I used to drop my BCP's all the time lol, 5 second rule is my best friend.

@feather_heather GL with lining check! Hope everything is progressing well and where it should be.

feather_heatherbows22fitzfizz
  • @inthewoods23 - This is good to know! I have a pretty high pain tolerance too. I may take the whole day and spend the rest of it as a mental health day (ie. reality tv and a cheat meal whilst not leaving the couch) lol
    inthewoods23
  • @bserena that’s great that you made a plan to go see him. have you been getting updates about how he is doing?
  • @bows22 I have. His sister has been updating me, but there hasn't been any news in a couple days. We are waiting on ultrasound results now so hopefully we will get that soon!

@feather_heather mental health days are great. I say go for it! We all need them every once and awhile.
    feather_heatherbows22
  • @mvt2003 Such a shame about the oreos, sorry you had to go through that haha. I did actually test at work today and it was surprisingly easy. We do urine testing at work all the time, so there is conveniently a shelf and urine cups already in the patient bathroom. I normally wont use the patient bathroom (because, gross) but it seemed like the most convenient solution.

@inthewoods23 Glad I can be part of the club. I have yet to dream of a BFP, but I'm sure that is coming in the TWW!

@feather_heather Awesome that they have a plan to schedule, I hope that the results would still be accurate for what they are looking for or I would imagine they would hold off.

@bows22 The temp shifts look like ovulation to me, but what do I know. I'll stay optimistic :)

@bserena I had initial good intentions of trying not to go fully crazy the first month, but I feel like I would be more anxious about the not testing, so I am just leaning fully in haha
    bows22
  • @fitzfizz TTC dreams are the worst!

@mvt2003 Oreo snacks sound like a fantastic snack!! Hope you enjoyed!

@inthewoods23 this work week has been crazy and it's only Tuesday! I hope the rest of the week flies by for you.

@feather_heather just rebuilding the wall. They said 7-10 days. I'm so ready for this to be done though. I'm glad you're feeling better today.

@bserena glad you've got a plan for visiting your father. And I agree, this forum is wonderful!