Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 1/27

fitzfizzfitzfizz member
edited January 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Edited to fix: Accidentally posted the TWW as WTO opening. Nervous about posting dailies haha.

Re: WTO Monday 1/27

• Loading the player...
  • @fitzfizz ugh, I feel you! The weekend felt too short for me too! Probably because I lost all of Saturday to deep cleaning our house and getting an alignment done on my car. It had to be done though. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals plus zinc and folate, MH is slacking on his vitamins/supplements, I’ve been failing at temping, but OPKs are my back up 🤷🏽‍♀️

R/R: Had a good productive weekend! MH’s best friend and his gf arrived Sat evening. They are the ones I mentioned in the randoms thread as being on the TLC reality show called sMothered. We wound up not having the camera crews at our house because there was a grander scheme afoot! Lol. They filmed in a nearby area (Amelia Island) on Sunday because he was proposing!!! She is a super sweet person so we’re very happy for them. 

CS/Q: nope because apparently I suck at temping. 

gingermama29bluetickgal
  • @ttcbabyodo I don’t have any expertise on the OPKs but I usually get at least two days of strong positives also and it throws me off about when O actually happened. In the absence of temps FF had given me O date as the second day of + OPK in the past. One month I also had temps and it gave me the day after the second + OPK as O day. Basically all that to say that I’m equally as confused on this topic. 
  • @krystrist2014 - Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only confused one, lol. It doesn't help that my temps were elevated over the weekend because 1) I slept in, and 2) with it being winter, our bedroom gets super hot overnight. I've had to discard so many temps this cycle because I was overheated.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

krystrist2014
  • @fitzfizz - I really wish we could go to a three day weekend every week!

@ttcbabyodo - I found that the only way I could confirm when I O'd was temping and I usually got a peak the day or two before my temp shot up. 

@krystrist2014 - That's so cool! Is the show airing now? I'll have to check it out!

Month/Cycle: 18

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: IVF - Biopsy and ERA testing

R/R: Had a pretty good weekend! My husband and I went to the RV expo and walked around for 3.5 hours! It was so fun seeing other RV's and options for the future (for when we need more than one bedroom). We both fell in love with the same exact RV, so it's good to know we're on the same page when we are actually looking to purchase a new one. 

CS/Q: None
    krystrist2014bluetickgal
  • @feather_heather RV shopping sounds fun! To answer your question, the show isn’t currently airing. The first season aired last summer and they aren’t 100% on air dates for the second season yet but they are thinking it might be summer also. What they were filming Sunday is intended to be the season finale. 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPKs, PNVs, preseed, DTD during FW

R/R: I have bad cramps and am a little freaked out that my cycle was only 25 days/my LP was only 9 days. I have to go to court today and am really not feeling it. 

CS/Q: Nope. Just was really hoping not to see AF (if at all) until tomorrow or ideally Wednesday. 

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

gingermama29bows22
  • So...what podcast was it, @mvt2003? LOL

krystrist2014
  • mvt2003mvt2003 member
    edited January 2020
    @fitzfizz Omg I remember how stressful it was the first time I started the dailies! You did great! (The first time I started any "regular" thread, not even a daily, I literally asked permission. :D:D:D:D

@ttcbabyodo I'm glad the dinner went well! Out of curiosity, how many cheapies were you taking and at what time of day? My surge comes on very fast, and typically in the evening, so it could be a case of timing. I've also tested it out, and my LH goes down pretty quickly after I hit peak, so I've always assumed I O very soon after I get a peak reading. I would guess a Sunday O personally for you. ETA it was the Kristin Smart podcast - Your Own Backyard. I need others to listen so we can discuss!!! Also tagging @krystrist2014 for the answer here :) 

@krystrist2014 SO cool that you get to be a part of the show!!!!! 

@feather_heather Glad you had a fun weekend at the RV show!

@legallykate Was last cycle your first cycle after BC? Sometimes that can impact LP, I think. My LP usually varies from 12-14 days, so it's not static! 

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

krystrist2014
  • @fitzfizz glad you had a nice weekend. And I agree about 2 day work weeks!!

@ttcbabyodo glad the dinner went well!

@krystrist2014 sounds like a fun weekend! That makes for a good proposal story too!

@feather_heather glad you had fun RV shopping! And that you both loved the same one. Do you do motorhomes, 5th Wheels, or trailer RVs?

@legallykate sorry for CD 1. Hope today goes okay!

@mvt2003 I would so take a snowstorm like that, especially if I don't have to go anywhere!  
    krystrist2014
  • Month/Cycle: 8/5

CD: 43

WAYDTGKU: prenatals and temping but otherwise NTNP for a bit.

R/R: Hope you all had a nice weekend! We visited the ILs this weekend and had a really nice time.
    I feel like this is probably an an-O cycle. My weight has climbed back up with the holidays and all the stress eating I've been doing this month. I know weight really affects my cycles with my PCOS and I need to work on getting it back down. It's definitely negatively affecting my mental health and crappy body image.

CS/Q: Here's my messy chart.
    photographerwifebows22bluetickgal
  • @legallykate ugh so sorry for AF arriving earlier than expected and brining cramps with her. Crossing my fingers for you that this cycle was just a one off and that your LP is longer on the next one. 

@mvt2003 we actually didn’t get to be a part of the show. Womp womp. Lol. But just super excited for them getting engaged! Though I’m sure the tv drama will be that I don’t think he’s actually divorced his ex yet. 😳 Also.... I want to second @ttcbabyodo’s request for the podcast name! Lol
    mvt2003
  • @gingermama29 This winter has been bizarrely non-snowy, although my personal prediction is that we will have a very snowy February, mostly because I'm going to have a lot of morning monitoring appointments and that just feels like something that will happen to me. :D 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @gingermama29 - We purchased a travel trailer in August that is permanently sited (has a deck built around it) in a campground on Cape Cod! It's more like having a summer place (and less of actual Rving) haha
  • @gingermama29 sending you creepy internet stranger hugs! I gained like 7lbs over the holidays also and am still working to get the last 3 off. I hate struggling with weight but I have for literally my entire life. 
  • @mvt2003 adding it to the list!! 
    mvt2003
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: PNV (need to be better about taking them), OPK's, CM and HIO.

R/R: MH and I got in a big fight yesterday. I just needed time to be with my feelings so I was really not feeling anything TTC yesterday. Today is supposed to be HIO if we are shooting for EOD but I almost want to take a break this cycle to get our relationship in a better spot first. 

CS/Q: Not exciting I just wanted to share the Premom app because I like it. I don't temp so the dots tracking are the T/C ratio (test/control ratio when you take a picture of the OPK it measures the contrast between the test and control line to know when peak is)

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

krystrist2014
  • @mvt2003 thanks for the info on the podcast! I'll have to check that out. And come to think of it, the reading I got on Saturday was mid-morning, and admittedly not the most concentrated, so I'm wondering if my surge started later that day and then through yesterday. My gut is telling me O was yesterday, so let's go with that. I'll still wait for CH before moving over to the TWW thread, though, just to confirm because I'm type-A like that.

@krash_ - I'm sorry you guys got into it yesterday. This process can be really stressful. We were in a similar situation going through our third cycle TTC last year, and it was because of all the pressure I was putting on us, which was a real turn-off for MH. It took a few cycles for me to chill out and trust the process. FX you two can get on the same page and be in a better place soon.

mvt2003krystrist2014
  • @fitzfizz Amen to that!  I always liked having a holiday in the middle of the week because it made the week so much easier.  Only working two days at a time sounds nice!

@ttcbabyodo I'm glad the dinner went better than you were expecting!

@krystrist2014 Aww how sweet!  Also, fist bump in solidarity because I suck at peeing on things.

@feather_heather It's always good to be on the same page as YH.  MH and I are complete opposites.  We're trying to shop for a mattress and have been looking at them for months.  We can never agree on what to get.  lol

@legallykate Sorry for CD1.  :(

@mvt2003 I love true crime podcasts!! I've been obsessed with Crime Junkie and have been trying to catch up.  I listen to them when I workout too.

@gingermama29 I'm sorry you're having a rough go with your weight.  Just remember that your weight does not define your worth.

@krash_ MH and I took a year and a half off of TTC mostly because of logistics and my health, but it ended up giving us time to improve our relationship tremendously.  It helped a lot.  We're here to support you no matter what you choose.

Month/Cycle: 1/1 after 3 years during round 1

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: doinking

R/R: O should be any day but I suck at peeing on things and forgot.  This weekend was crazy as I was without one of my medicines that helps me function during the day.  I ended up sleeping until noon or after Friday and Saturday.  I had to be up early on Sunday, but I dragged all day long.  I called the pharmacy and their shipment doesn't come in until the afternoon, so hopefully it's in today and I can make the hour and a half drive to pick it up.

CS/Q: nope

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

krystrist2014feather_heatherbluetickgal
  • Luckily today seems to be a lighter schedule (which I have probably now jinxed) so at least that is good for a Monday.

@tycbabyodo I am on cycle 1 so by no means an expert, but per my reading I would agree with others that the second day is more likely correct. I think you got the double -1, which sounds like awesome timing. 

@krystrist2014 Were you actually being filmed? I would be so nervous about that! 

@feather_heather That sounds like a fun weekend and it is awesome that you are on the same page. 

@legallykate Sorry the LP was short. Is it possible you aren’t really on CD1 and just had spotting? Or have you had full AF?

@mvt2003 I am such a weirdo early riser that most days I have been waiting around for someone to post the dailies. Today I worked up the nerve to do it myself and still messed it up haha

@gingermama29 So sorry you’re ovaries won’t just cooperate. FX that is you don’t O at least AF shows up so you can start fresh next month.

@krash_ Sorry about fighting. I know this can be stressful. 

@linzrunz FX your medicine comes in today so you can be more functional. The good news that I remind myself is that O happens whether or not you pee on things, so when in doubt, HIO! 
    linzrunzfeather_heather
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: opk, temping

R/R: I am always in a great mood during my fertile time. I dont know if it's the hormones or just excitement of it. My opks are getting stronger so my anxieties of having an annovulatory cycle are fading. 

CS/Q:

krystrist2014
  • @legendairymomma - same! I love how great I feel during FW. My hair and skin feel awesome, I have energy, I have the gift of gab (usually I'm a bumbling mess). It's just grand.

krystrist2014
  • Month/Cycle: 5/2(AL)

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPKS, Tracking CM, Tracking with FF, Praying, Staying positive, Conceive Plus, Sexy times EOD, 

R/R: Omg hubs and I got a new mattress this Christmas delivered in the new year. We’ve had it now for almost 3 weeks and I am hating it. 😖 It’s too stiff for me and my back hurts soooo bad everyday from sleeping on it. I would sleep in bed longer but can’t as I’m in so much pain and stiff that I have to get up. Also, I’m seriously dying again right now of really bad cramps. Ughh this sucks. 😭 Rave: had a blood test yesterday to check my TSH levels for my thyroid (hypothyroidism) and it’s gone down more yay! It’s at 2.02. So happy 😁 

CS/Q: none 

@ttcbabyodo Aww I’m so glad to hear that dinner with your office staff from the internship went well. I know you were worried about it. With OPKs usually when I get my peak I O the next day so I’m thinking that if you got your peak on CD 15 then CD 16 would be O day for you which would be today right.? But you said that you had pain the other night so maybe I’m thinking O would have been yesterday for you. 

@krystrist2014 I’m glad you had a good productive weekend. That’s cool that YH’s friends are on a TLC show. I have never heard of it before. What a sweet proposal. Congrats to them.  

@feather_heather I’ve never RV shopped before but I think it would be super fun to look at all the nice ones they have out nowadays. Some are like so amazing inside. Blows my mind. 

@legallykate Sorry to hear you have bad cramps. I feel ya there girl. Mine are excruciating today. Hope you feel better.

@mvt2003 wow you're 5’8? Your pretty tall for a girl. That’s awesome. So jealous lol My mom was like 5’9 and I really wish I got her height but didn’t. Damit lol 

@gingermama29 I’m glad you had a good time at your IL’s this weekend. Sorry about your weight climbing back up and with the stress. You will get it off girl. I have faith in ya. I think the holidays is a bad time for everyone in regards to their weight. We all indulge more and the pounds climb on. I gained a bit too. Sorry it’s affecting your body image and mental health. Hugs ❤️ 

@krash_ sorry to hear you and YH got into a big fight yesterday. I hate those days. My hubby and I were kinda arguing and fighting yesterday too. Nothing big but enough that we didn’t really talk to each other over lunch which was kinda awkward and uncomfortable. *hugs* Hope you guys can work it out and be a much better place together soon. 

feather_heatherbabyodobluetickgal
  • @mindyb2019 you must have posted when I was typing my book haha. That is so awful about the mattress! Are you still in the return period?
  • krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited January 2020
    @krash_ sorry you guys had an argument. 😕 Fighting with your spouse is really the worst. But thanks for sharing that app with us! It looks cool. Is it free? 

@linzrunz  you never disappoint with the WAYDTGKU answer. I have my FX that you get your prescription today! 

@fitzfizz no, we weren’t filmed, just them. Originally they were considering filming at our house just to capture them before they go off on their cruise because apparently the film crew wasn’t able to go with them. Anyways, I guess that was the plan before they got the idea about doing the proposal on this trip. (Side note: this whole reality TV thing is even more staged then I realized!) I was kind of relieved because I was nervous about both the possibility of being on the show AND the possibility of my house being on the show and not looking tidy enough. 😂 I spent all day Saturday cleaning but was still worried it would look cluttered or whatever. Haha. 

@legendairymomma I always feel really upbeat during FW too! 

@mindyb2019 yay for good test results!! Boo for bad mattress! Can you add a memory foam to it to help? 

@bows22 it’s a weird show about grown women who are way too close to their moms. It’s a good laugh if you’re into TLC reality shows. Lol. I honestly thought she would be a bit of a weirdo based on the show but she is actually super sweet and very normal. 😜 Sorry AF was a biotch this month! I hope you’re feeling better soon! Also, I am right there with you. I’m not normally that moved by celeb deaths but this one just felt so tragic. Kids and wife left behind plus his Babygirl dying with him. It broke my heart yesterday. 😢

ETA the spacing NEVER comes out right on mobile. It’s either way too much spacing or zero. There is no in between and I’ve given up. 
    linzrunzfitzfizz
  • Month/Cycle: 21/15/5 AL#2

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO at least EOD, OPK’s, temping/tracking with FF, & progesterone after O.

R/R: Happy Monday!! We had a really good weekend...deep cleaned the house on Saturday and then got to relax some yesterday! I got a positive OPK yesterday, so I either O’d yesterday or today...just waiting for CH’s to confirm and then start progesterone! I’m feeling really good about our timing either way!! Man, this thread is hopping and work has been busy for me...so here goes nothing on trying to catch up!

CS/Q: None.

@fitzfizz glad you had a good weekend...sorry Monday has already arrived though!! Oh, yes please on the 2-day work weeks!! Let me know if you get that figured out! Haha.

@ttcbabyodo so glad the dinner went well this weekend and wasn’t as bad as you expected! I’m in the same confusion as you...not sure if O was yesterday or today. I think everything says that you should O 24-48 hrs after a positive OPK, but I have ovulated on the same day as a positive OPK based on temp confirmation...and at most it as been the next day. I seem to have a pretty short surge though, so maybe that’s why! That stinks your temps have been a little inconsistent to help confirm O. Sounds like you had good timing with -1 or -2 though! I’d be inclined to think you O’d yesterday with the pain on Saturday night and the positive OPK yesterday. Hopefully your temp will give you a little more clarity tomorrow though! 

@krystrist2014 glad you had a good weekend! That’s interesting you got the inside look on how a “reality show” is fairly staged! Also, I would have been super relieved too that my house wouldn’t have been on tv! 

@feather_heather glad you had a good weekend and enjoyed looking at RV’s! Always nice when you are in sync with YH!! 

@legallykate did you just recently come off BC or have an implant/IUD removed? If so, I think it can take a few cycles to normalize. Hopefully that’s all it is and your LP will get longer.

@mvt2003 my goodness, I can’t imagine a snow storm like that!! It’s rare that we even get a foot here! Glad you are enjoying your podcast!! 

@gingermama29 glad you had a nice weekend visiting the IL’s! I’m so sorry this is looking like a possible an-O cycle! 😕 I hope it’s not...but if so, hopefully you can move on to the next cycle soon! 

@krash_ I’m so sorry you and YH got in a fight!! TTC can definitely add to the stress of things, so if you feel like taking a break is what you need...I think that’s totally understandable! 

@linzrunz yay for O being close!! I really hope you are able to get your medicine today!!

@legendairymomma glad you are feeling good and it seems like O is near! 

@mindyb2019 sorry to see you back over here...and that your cramps are so bad!! Have you considered adding a plush mattress pad? We got a really firm mattress and after sleeping on it one night I was in pain...we got a cushy mattress pad and now we both love our bed! Hopefully you can return it still if you feel like it just isn’t going to work for you all! Yay for your thyroid levels improving!! 

@bows22 sorry AF was so bad this cycle...hopefully it was just because of the hysteroscopy, but also hopefully there will not be a next cycle for quite some time!!! That was such sad news about the helicopter accident!! Kobe was one of DH’s favorite basketball players, so he was really sad about it too! 

krystrist2014feather_heather
  • Month/Cycle: 4/ 8 

CD:  14

WAYDTGKU: Trying to have sex every day or every other day. 

R/R: I hate having no clue right now about when I am ovulating with these dang two week periods. Doc said to wait until June to try OPK’s but I don’t really want to wait that long.

CS/Q: 

• @bluetickgal thanks girl. Glad you had a good weekend and were able to deep clean your house.  Can you come over and do mine also? 😆 It needs it badly and I have been having such bad cramps I don’t feel like doing anything lol Yay to your positive OPK yesterday.  I’ve thought about adding a plush mattress pad but I’m not that would fly with DH as he doesn’t like those things much and prefers a harder bed then soft. 

@bows22  yes we can still return the bed. The store has a guaranteed 100 nights to sleep on your bed and try it out and if you don’t like it you can return it and exchange for a different mattress but costs 50 bucks for them to come pick it up to do that which is fine by me lol. We haven’t even slept on it for a month yet so we still have lots of time to return it if need be. They said it takes time for the mattress to soften up over time so I’m hoping in the next month or so it will feel better and not as stiff otherwise they can have it back 😆

@Allthingscozy sorry that your confused as to when your ovulating. That’s the worst. I’ve been there and it’s no fun. Why does your doctor want you to wait till June to try OPKS? I use OPKs every month so that’s how I know when I ovulate otherwise I would be so lost lol. They are very helpful. 
    bluetickgalallthingscozy
  • @mindyb2019 I guess she thinks I should just wait to see if my body will regulate back to 1 period a month from the birth control but I’m likely going to start the OPK’s. 
  • Wow this place is busy today!  Also I was at orientation for the new job all day today, so I wasn't able to check in.  

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 10/11?

WAYDTGKU: OPKs (but I have been terrible with the timing), pnv, and pre-seed

R/R: It was hard going back to work after months of job-hunting.  A full day of work with two and half hours worth of commute.  Hopefully it will get easier as I get back into the routine.  Our dream house also got snapped up, so back to the hunt there as well.  Just not sure if we should keep looking where we are or need to come up with a different location.  It will all work out and I just probably need a good night's sleep!!

CS/Q: 

A bunch of people asked in another thread about the job.  I am transitioning out of a bench scientist role in big agriculture companies into an educator position at the zoo.  So teaching field trip groups, scouts, etc about animals and conservation.  Should be very different and hopefully interesting.  (I am still getting the hang of this whole chatting back and forth and responding on these threads...thanks for patience with unanswered questions).  

legendairymomma
  • @dobiemom11 I would friggin love to work at a zoo!!! 
  • @dobiemom11 that sounds amazing! Hope you enjoy it! 

@mindyb2019 I forgot to ask how long did it take for your cycle to even out? Or how did you figure out your cycles? 
  • @allthingscozy I was pretty fortunate actually. When I stopped using birth control my body stayed with my periods like clockwork. My cycles evened out right away the first month on there own but when I first started TTC I didn’t know when I O’d cause I was always on Birth control for so many years, so when I came off of it I just guessed when I would O based off when this app said my fertile time would be and assumed it was mid cycle on CD14 like most women tend to be but tried that for a couple months and it wasn’t working well. I tried OPKs and I O’d way earlier so now when using OPKs every month I know for sure when my peak is and I track it on an app I use. I would personally start using OPKs right away after your period ends. I wouldn’t wait till June but that’s just me lol. How long have you been off of your birth control for? 
    allthingscozy