Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 1/20

Sorry, decided to change up the title 🤷‍♀️

What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 1/20

• Options

Wtf with the formatting of this being weird. Does is show up with some weird spacing on desktop too?

What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?

Well!! New goal - get gluten and dairy free ASAP. Also getting into yoga and getting myself at least started on seeing a therapist.

How's everything going?

The appointment with the dietitian wasn't anything great but she did recommend a grocery store that I never go to. They have a really large section of gluten free, so sweet! I felt even better after the nurse called me back to talk about the calendar since I don't have to be the "please don't cross contaminate my food" type. Just putting the burger buns aside now.

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

Motivated after the appointment and phone call today but my general mood has me really struggling. Trying to not let it get me down though! I think there's a little less chaos this week so FX I get yoga in at least twice!

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions?

How about some good food brands for gluten and dairy free items? Know any?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

I have none 😢 although I did a really good job of getting lots of water during the weekend!

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23. My friend is gluten and dairy free, so I will ask her and get back to you about brands.  She was helpful when I was trying to figure out my food sensitivity with brands to try.  

-----What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week? 

I am working on eating at home more.  We are moving soon, so trying to eat the food we already have.  Also trying to add more veggies into meals.  

-----How is  everything going?

Last week went really well with veggies at every dinner.  Some of the dinners ended up being most veggies as I miscalculated while trying to reduce the amount of meat in them.  Oh well!  We also ate most of the meals at home this weekend which is huge for us.  We normally order out most of the weekend.  

---- What has you motivated or struggling this week?

I work evenings now, so that can be a little hard to get home after 8pm and think healthy.  Also my husband sometimes just orders something, because he gets hungry waiting for me.  But tonight he had already eaten and I made a salad for dinner.  House-hunting in the evenings is also throwing off our schedule, but I am trying to not get too stressed about it.  Each step forward in the right direction counts!  

-----What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions?

Just need to find all those blog posts for roasting veggies.  A blogger that I follow makes like two pounds of veggies a week and just reheats them.  Save on energy and dishes!

----What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

Two meals of more veggies than meat!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23. Here is what she said:

Cheese: "follow your heart" brand (I remember her saying that it melts better than other brands).

Milk: soy is better than almond (in her opinion)

Baking flour - king arthurs or Red mill

Sliced bread- Trader Joe's is great but if you're not close to one, udis is good too

Chocolate- Trader Joe's has chocolate chips and chocolate bars that are dairy free and taste great

"Enjoy life" is another good brand for chocolate, and cookies 

She is a nutritionist who has pretty extreme allergies to gluten and dairy.  Hopefully that helps!  

• Options
    @dobiemom11 thank you! This is really helpful!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options

What habits, goals, or resolutions do you have for yourself this year? Or which goal(s) are you focusing on this week?  I'm really focusing on yoga this month and I just did day 20/30.  That's 20 days in a row.  I've never done yoga that many times so I'm really proud of myself.  I also just joined the gym and went for the first time yesterday.

How's everything going? Great so far!  Going to the gym tonight with my husband's partner's wife so we'll see how that goes.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I put yoga on my to do list every day and that really helps.  I also only pick three things to do for the day so it doesn't seem so overwhelming.  I find I'm getting more done than I ever have before.

What questions/help do you have/need to help you achieve your habits, goals, and resolutions? None so far :)

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I did a yoga practice the other day that I don't think I would have made it through even a couple weeks ago.  I can already tell I'm making some progress.

@inthewoods What are you doing for yoga?  If you're looking for something I highly recommend Yoga with Adriene on YouTube.  She's soothing and calming without it being really weird.  She also doesn't use a lot of yoga jargon, but throws it in every so often so you start to learn it.  But you definitely don't need to be familiar with anything yoga related to be able to follow her videos.  Hopefully going gluten and dairy free is less overwhelming as you get familiar with what works and what doesn't.  My husband did an elimination diet at one point to see what was irritating his stomach and part of it was going gluten free.  He used an app (The Gluten Free Scanner on iPhone) that he could scan items at the store or in the house to verify if they were in fact gluten free.  It did make shopping a little more time consuming, but it was nice to be able to check really quick.  We used it more with food we already had in the house.  We were surprised at some of the foods that we'd think would be gluten free, but weren't.

@dobiemom11 Eating out can add lots of extra calories!  Kudos for eating at home more often.  And yay for getting more veggies!  MH used to always "forgets" the veggies when he makes dinner.  If he had his way, we'd eat meat all day everyday and that's it.  It's been hard to train him to remember veggies.  I mean, I could always just cook myself but I hate it.  lol

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    I'm sitting in our breakroom having lunch and I am doing an amazing job not making eye contact with the donuts in front of me on another table.

#healthyhabits #avoiditforthebaby

Lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23. I am so proud of you and your willpower!  Stronger than me by miles
  • Options
    flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited January 2020
    @linzrunz @inthewoods23 *lurking* But I had to pop in and second Yoga with Adriene! She is down to earth and her dog (Benji) is an awesome little helper. I tried out Boho Beautiful (I cringed at the name but decided to try it anyway) on Youtube, and I honestly don't see why she has so many fans :/  She just seems really plastic and pretentious to me. :/
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Options
    @flowntheloop I think I watched part of a Boho Beautiful video and didn't care for it. I like the Yoga with Adriene for sure!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause