September 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight 1/17: Maternity Clothes

2»

Re: Product Spotlight 1/17: Maternity Clothes

• @ktholysz I love, love, love their drawstring dresses. They are so comfortable. I also have some of their basic tanks and tees that I love, but I think they are discontinuing them :( 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So...I do Stitch Fix and they have started doing maternity fixes. $$ to $$$ but outfits are super cute and fit well! The only things I sent back are items where I just didn’t like what the stylist picked. The other thing to keep in mind is they just do clothes that look cute (no support, nursing bras etc). 

But for work, I have resorted to bib overalls because maternity jeans won’t stay up with the amount of movement I do and the amount of stuff I carry in my pockets. Really dreading how hot I’ll be later this summer in bibs. I wish Columbia or Kuhl had maternity versions of their pants - has anyone found such a thing???
  • Loading the player...
  • Here’s what I’ve found works best for appointments (and basically the opposite for everyday wear)
    1) start of pregnancy to 11 weeks - dresses for transvaginal ultrasound appointments and to avoid uncomfortable waistbands while bloated
    2) 12 weeks on - top and bottom that allow you to lift your shirt up to bare your belly for ultrasounds
    3) Dresses after birth as your stomach goes down, especially if you have a csection so you don’t have to put your legs into pants (it’s really hard!)

When my son was born in late November, I would freeze nursing him because he sweat when I would hold him, especially at night. I couldn’t use swaddles or blankets because he sweat so bad it even caused eczema on my arms. Get a nursing tank and / or surplice tanks and tops. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @corngirl I’ve gotten some cute maternity pieces from Stitchfix as well. I was luck enough that a friend had a referral code for $100 off!! 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020