Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment Week of 12/30/19-1/5/20

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What are you doing for NYE? 
me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: IF Testing and Treatment Week of 12/30/19-1/5/20

• Loading the player...
  • @mvt2003 I know what you mean about Christmas feeling hollow. So many hugs to you, friend. I am so ready to kick 2019 in the butt. Here's to a better 2020 for ALL of us. 💙
  • @feather_heather Eeeee! Get to bingeing and finish up You, I need someone to discuss that ending with! :D

@bluetickgal sending you hugs and happy wishes for 2020, friend!  

• @mvt2003 It makes sense that you’re feeling all the emotions with this last cycle. Good luck to you with this last one! Outlander is completely binge-worthy if you haven’t seen it already. 

@emeraldduchess Glad to hear you had that quality time. Sorry for the lame comments from others about their lack of free time to socialize. These types of comments drive me insane! 

@bluetickgal Glad that Christmas was wonderful. Love that YH is encouraging the hopefulness! I agree with you 100%—2020 is going to be a great year! 

@feather_heather YH talking to the embryo is too cute! Stay hopeful, friend! Of course you can drive yourself mad with questioning all the other things, but right here & now you get to focus & send positive energy to that little one who is hopefully burrowing in any minute now.❤️
  • @feather_heather yes...it’s a tough balance of being hopeful but not too hopeful! I’m so hopeful this is your cycle though!! That’s so cute about YH talking to the embryo!! Fingers crossed so hard for whenever you decide to test!! Your NYE plans sound great...we just got some sparkling white grape juice too! ☺️
    @mvt2003 thanks, friend! Wishing the same for you!! 2020 is going to be our year!!
    @keikilove we are not monitored with our medicated/TI cycles. With the OB, I had progesterone checks after O...but ironically I don’t have any monitoring with the RE now. Sorry you are feeling yucky, hopefully that goes away soon! Woohoo for all of us party animals! I think we are all just ready for 2020 to start!
    @inthewoods23 yes, the hope really is what keeps us going! Glad your appt went well and you are a go for the biopsy in a week! That stinks you can’t take any meds before for the pain, but hopefully it won’t be too bad! NYE in with the spikey boys sounds wonderful!! 
  • @bows22 I’m hoping the 7th comes quickly and everything goes off without a hitch! Also, I cannot wait to hear your thoughts about You! We stayed up late Friday night to binge the end, and omggg!!!! 

• @kpearse99 I think it’s great you were able to soak up all the family/holiday time! Ah, thanks friend!! We are trying to find that balance! I’m glad you are finding the hopeful/balance as well! Everything crossed this is your cycle!!
    @littlebug2010 thanks lady! That stinks they can’t get you in any earlier...but maybe they’ll have a cancellation before then and will get you in sooner! I know it’s tough when you don’t want to miss out on a cycle, but you are also waiting for testing/treatment plan! I hope you feel good about whatever you decide to do though!! 
    @bows22 I hope your pre-op appt goes well on Thursday!! I really hope you don’t have to wait for your follow-up for your results after the biopsy next week!! Everything crossed you get good results though!! Enjoy your NYE...your plans sound great! 
    @shoogapoff yes, I think it’s time for a mass exodus from this thread!! I hope you feel good with whatever you decide to do about this next cycle! Your party tonight sounds very cool, have fun! 
    @ramzlau I hope you get some clarity from the RE soon! Everything crossed this is your cycle though!  
  • @ramzlau I have had 3 losses this past year, and I am worried that if we got pregnant again, that we would just have another loss because we dont know what is going on. 

@bluetickgal I am really glad we are facing something, just unsure of what.  

@bows22 They do have a cancel list, but its been full, and with the holidays I think hours are shorter than usual.  Im hoping that I will get something when I call on the 2nd.    I feel you, on the waiting.  FX you dont have to wait until your post-op appointment. 

**TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @emeraldduchess getting all the nonsense out in 2019! 2020 won't know what hit them. 😂

Take that universe!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @emeraldduchess yes, that ferris wheel analogy is perfect!! Its a constant up & down of hope depending on where you are in your cycle! I’m also hoping great things are coming for all of us!! Oh friend...I’m sorry for the major headache to get the trigger shot (and that you now have 2), but yay for triggering tonight!! I hope you won’t need that second one for next cycle though!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • @emeraldduchess Sounds like your ovaries are ready to get the show on the road for 2020! Sorry about the needless headache for the trigger shot though! 

@littlebug2010 Sorry I think I asked you about that before. Completely understand where you are coming from. Hope you are able to get to a decision you are comfortable moving forward with for this cycle. 
  • @emeraldduchess damn right!! Lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 what did I miss??!!! You just missed me?!?! ♥️

@emeraldduchess that’s what my body decides to do this cycle too!! It was earlier than usual and totally unexpected! 2020 here you come!! 

@bows22 Girl, if they tell you that you have to wait for those results I’m gonna come over there and kick some ass!! They need to give you those results as soon as they are available! 

@shogapoof ugh I hate that you’re feeling that defeated feeling. If your heart and your gut are telling you that you’re not ready for another IUI then I think you should listen and take more time for yourselves. ♥️

@ramzlau the unexplained part of all of this is so sucky, I know! I hate being told essentially that “everything looks better than normal but you’re still infertile.”  I hope you get some answers! 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 lmao somehow I hit the reply button having written NOTHING. Stupid phone. It's editted now haha
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @NYTino24 *hugs* I am crossing everything for good news for you soon. 2020 better be kind to all of us. 💙
  • @shoogapoff I’m sorry you are feeling defeated about TTC. Be nice to yourself though because this isn’t easy ❤️❤️  A 1920s party sounds so fun, did you dress up?

@ramzlau thanks! I hope you can get some clarity from your RE soon! My RE office only likes us to use the portal for messages but it does make it harder to be like wait what does that mean 

@emeraldduchess I cannot believe it was on your porch 🤣. I’m with you on a shenanigan-free 2020!

@inthewoods23 was your biopsy routine or did they suspect anything? Since they are checking for possible endometrial hyperplasia I really want to know either way as soon as I can! I’m sure I’ll be able to find out, I just need to remember to ask when is a reasonable time to start calling and asking them if they have the results aka harassing them 😂

@NYTino24 oh my, that’s going to be a big day. fingers crossed that this it for you and the insurance approval won’t matter ❤️
  • @bows22 mmm I think, if there was in fact a biopsy done, they were just checking the polyp for cancer? I mean, they suspected that there was a polyp during my SHG and went to remove it and also smooth my lining, but maybe there wasn't actually a biopsy done at all and I'm mistaken 🤷‍♀️

I've noticed that what I can see in my portal doesn't have all the information in my file because they had access to all the embryo grades and pictures. If there were biopsy results I might not see them in my portal.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @mvt2003 Hope you get good news about insurance. Did your run go well? 
    @ramzlau What did you end up doing? When will you hear from the RE about the plan?
    @emeraldduchess That sucks! Make sure you check because my trigger shot is only good for 30 days!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @bows22 Thanks! I did dress up. It was a last-minute invite, so I just wore stuff I had, but made it work. It was fun!

@NYTino24 FX for the best news on your beta day! That would be nerve-racking!
  • @NYTino24 thanks, I will check the expiration date on the one in my fridge!
  • @NYTino24 ❤️ I don’t blame you for being anxious but I’m sorry you are feeling that way. I don’t know much about IVF but I wanted to say, my RE said that I didn’t need an SHG and gave me the option to skip, but I had it done and that’s how they found my polyp. They couldn’t get to one of my tubes and said that we could do an HSG but that it was optional, but I did that too and that’s where they saw the possible hyperplasia. I’m not saying that’s what could be going on with you but just wanted to offer my perspective since I was also told that I probably didn’t need certain tests but then they ended up being important. I know what you mean about possibly missing something since your diagnosis is unexplained. Did you have an SHG? 
  • @NYTino24 I wish I had some words of comfort for you. I am so sorry that you are feeling so anxious. Unexplained is a tough "diagnosis" to accept, I know because I am in the same boat. Like you, I wonder if our issues are because my eggs are bad despite the normal numbers. I agree with @bows22, it might be worth insisting on the HSG. 
  • @NYTino24 YGPM shortly. I don't blame you for your anxious feelings at all, I'm right there with you.