Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

HCG Rising After Loss

Last Wednesday I had severe cramping and passed a large clot when I went to the bathroom (I was 6 weeks, 4 days).  I went to the OB the next morning and they did a vaginal exam, said my cervix was open and confirmed it was a loss.  I had my HCG done that day (12/19) then again on 12/21.  My HCG has actually risen slightly.  The OB's office called and I have to go in for an ultrasound but can't get in until Thursday because of Christmas.  I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with your HCG rising after a loss.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: HCG Rising After Loss

• Well I guess I’ll update in case anyone has this experience and is looking for more info. In my case they finally did an ultrasound and found the baby was still there but there was no heartbeat. I decided to take misoprostol and will be going back in on NYE to make sure it worked. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello @feelingjovani - I am so sorry for your recent loss. *hugs* I know there's not much anyone can say to help you feel better, but it's good that you were able to get an answer to your question.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @ttcbabyodo thank you. I’m glad to just know even though it wasn’t what I hoped. 
    Pregnancy Ticker