Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Weekend of December 14/15 2019

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Weekend of December 14/15 2019

• Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD/DPO: 29/7

Timing: ✔️

Typical LP length: 11-12 days

Testing: 🤷🏻‍♀️

R/R: After all that happened DH is off today while I work and is going to put our house back in order  our security system came in and we are going to a Christmas party tonight yay!

CS/Q: temp stayed up today after a dip yesterday 🤷🏻‍♀️ Previously this would make me super excited but after having my labs back knowing I have too little progesterone it just feels like false info at this point lol 

• Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD/DPO: 20/7

Timing: -4,-2,-1,0,1

Typical LP length: 12-14 days 

Testing: haven’t decided yet

R/R: Today we’re hosting our Christmas get together. I still have a lot to do around the house, because we shopped most of the day yesterday. But the good news is that most of my Christmas shopping is done! My best best friends are the ones coming over tonight, 

TW: lc mentioned

And one of them has a 3 month old. They weren’t trying either. My other friend didn’t either when she had her son who is 9. 

So I hope that they keep their TTC interrogation at bay. They’re some of the only ones who know we’ve been trying this amount of time. I might just take a shot as soon as they come in. 😂 jk

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • @tryingktogku I hope you have a relaxing weekend after the crazy week that you have had. I’m glad you ordered a security system. It socks that you can’t press charges, or whatever you would need to do to recoup the damages. 
  • @tryingktogku I hope you enjoy your day with YH and your security system arrived today. I hope it gives you some peace of mind and helps you feel safer in your home.

@photographerwife have fun tonight. I hope they don't ask prying TTC questions and you can just enjoy the night.

Month/Cycle: 6/4

CD/DPO: 44/13

Timing: -2

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: WFAF

R/R: We're supposed to get a big winter storm today that will drop 5-10 inches of snow! DH has to go to work for a bit because there's a winter festival in that town and his work is a part of it. The downside is that he'll have to drive home during the worst of the snowstorm. I'm going to keep working on cookies today while he's gone.

CS/Q: I was thinking AF would be showing today but I had a big temp spike instead of drop so probably tomorrow? I'm definitely PMSing today though cause I'm getting annoyed by DH for seemingly everything and nothing 🤣.

• @gingermama29 Thanks. Big temp spike looks promising! 

@photographerwife thank you! Hopefully seeing/hearing about the other babies doesn’t make you feel sad and you enjoy your party! 
  • @gingermama29 I'm glad you have cookies to occupy and distract and make every corner of your house smell amazing. Rooting for and thinking of you this weekend!

@photographerwife Enjoy the get-together tonight! I know how you feel. We're going looking at Christmas lights tonight with friends who know how long we've been trying, and I'm not looking forward to the comment or two that might be coming. But I do think it's great that you told your friends and they know -- TTC can be so isolating otherwise, and hopefully if you make it clear it's not a topic you're up for discussing they respect that.

@tryingktogku I hope you have a great party tonight and enjoy the time with DH (as much as possible, given the task at hand) this afternoon.

Month/Cycle: 6

CD/DPO: 25/12

Timing: -2, O

Typical LP length: unknown

Testing: WFAF - expected sometime in next 3 days

R/R: Weather is beautiful, and we have low-key plans with friends both tonight and tomorrow night. Still might hit up a brewery this afternoon, but since I'll probably have a drink or two tonight I don't really need to double up. Pilates tomorrow afternoon (part of my new "I'm tired of putting things on hold for TTC and getting myself back in shape, dadgummit" initiative) and that's about it. 

CS/Q: none

• @tryingktogku ugh yeah that's frustrating. I hate getting through the TWW when I already know I'm out because of whatever. My memory isn't the best so sorry if you've already explained this but was the progesterone being low a one time lab result.l that possibly doesn't apply to every cycle? Or is it something where you know it's an ongoing trend with your cycles so something you can reasonably assume will continue in future cycles without treatment? 

@photographerwife hopefully it won't be too emotionally difficult to be around your friend's 3 month old. Yay for finishing the bulk of your Christmas shopping though!

@gingermama29 fingers crossed the roads are still OK when your husband is driving home. I love snow but I'm so scared to drive in it once the roads start getting snowy/icy.

@emiliadkay good for you for getting back in pilates instead of having it all on hold for TTC! I feel like one of the worst parts of extended TTC is everything in life that gets put on hold during a long, drawn out process. I think it is great that you're just living life. 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 14/2

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: 12-14. My body is still trying to settle on a normal it seems.

Testing: Debating if I want to WFAF or test before making the trip out to my parent's house for Christmas. So either the 22nd or WFAF.

R/R: Finally finished my part of the Christmas shopping except my one SIL. My husband and I always divide shopping into girls and guys so I take the girls from both families and he gets the guys. The one SIL I have left is probably my mother's favorite daughter/son in law and my mother always has to one up me with gifts for SIL every year. Like last year my SIL had mentioned something during the summer about how she enjoyd wearing different and unique necklaces every day when she is teaching so I picked her out some fun necklaces that are very her style but not something you see often. I had told my mom about it (I got the gifts months in advance of Christmas) and how excited I was for SIL to open them. So my mom went out and got SIL a necklace made from a collectible coin that was around $2,000. So this year I'm having a hard time getting excited over anything I get SIL because I will never top that gift especially on my $50 max budget.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @emiliadkay Pilates sounds wonderful! I loveeee Pilates lol like with a passion it makes me feel so good! So I hope u enjoy!

@NamelessAria my naturopath suspected from my short luteal phase (which is getting longer with my supplements) and the fact that my temp elevated but not that high, signalling  ovulation but lack of progesterone so I did two labs, one right around ovulation and one 7 days later and the one 7 days later is supposed to be anywhere from 4-60 and my value was 1.3. I have to make another appt with my naturopath to discuss progesterone treatment options but at the same time I don’t want to spend another $100 if I can just buy it and apply it as the label says ya know so I’m kind of debating just taking it without direction from my naturopath lol. My OB consult hasn’t gotten anywhere as they are all backed up and I do t want to wait to take action either so.. anywho remember Christmas isn’t about who spends the most or even the gifts it’s about family coming together to celebrate the holiday! I’m sure your SIL will truly love whatever ya get her and not compare it to other people’s gifts’
  • @emiliadkay thanks friend. Sounds like you have a nice night planned! And kudos to you for getting back into pilates! 

@NamelessAria ugh sorry your mom feels the need to one up you with gifts. That's so frustrating. I'm sure your SIL will love whatever you get her though. 
  • @tryingktogku I discovered Pilates "late in life" but I don't think there's anything that leaves you feeling better after a workout. Do you prefer mat or reformer?

@NamelessAria Welcome to the TWW! That's pretty crummy behavior from your mom. I am always so impressed by people who give truly thoughtful gifts. You know, the items that you absolutely love but didn't even realize you wanted until you've been given them? -- it seems you have that talent. Whatever you get SIL will be great and that care will shine through.