Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 12/10

mvt2003mvt2003 member
edited December 2019 in Trying to Get Pregnant

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What does your family cook/make/eat for the holidays?

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: TWW Tuesday 12/10

• mvt2003mvt2003 member
    edited December 2019

*ETA the GTKY that I deleted and then re-added because I'm overtired haha

Month/Cycle: 16/16

CD/DPO: 15/1

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 12-14

Testing: Nope

R/R: I go here now! I've only got 1 more unassisted cycle after this one before IVF starts, so I'm oddly calm about this one too. I'm hoping I stay as calm and un-BSC this cycle as I have the past few! 

I spent the morning prepping my house for the cleaners to come in this afternoon. We're hosting our Christmas party this weekend, so getting everything ready for that! I haven't even thought about party food yet though, because my RE appointment yesterday was just this huge thing inside my head, I didn't even have the mental space for anything else really. Any suggestions? :D 

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: What does your family cook/make/eat for the holidays? We have Italian on Christmas Eve (MiL's family is Italian) and then Christmas Day we have beef tenderloin that BiL cooks, and I make potatoes and popovers! 

• Month/Cycle: 6/4

CD/DPO: 40/9

Timing: -2

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: WFAF

R/R: I officially put in a request to my district today to start a ukulele program! I'm super excited about it and really hope it gets approved!! I got the inspiration from my conference on Saturday from a workshop I almost didn't attend! I sat in to kill time until another one I was really interested in and figured it'd be fun to play the ukulele for an hour. I definitely didn't expect to leave that session dying to start my own ukulele program, but here I am!

CS/Q:

GTKY: What does your family cook/make/eat for the holidays? Oooh my MIL makes cinnamon buns from scratch on Christmas Eve. She passed along the recipe when DH and I got married and we continue the tradition, especially when we visit my family.
  • Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 A ukulele program sounds so fun!!!!! And also now I want cinnamon buns! :D 

• @mvt2003 I've been the same way this cycle, just very chill. Is your party a sit down dinner or more casual? I have a delicious crock pot Buffalo chicken wing dip that is amazing for parties
  • @gingermama29 Oooh yes please! It's casual apps - we usually order meatballs and MiL makes stuffed shells, but everything else is appetizers! 

• gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited December 2019
    @mvt2003 I usually cook up chicken breast the night before and then shred it (pro tip: put it in your stand mixer while it's hot and put it on low and that will shred your chicken breast beautifully and quickly!). I also use Frank's Red Hot Wing sauce, which is the best sauce out there in my opinion. I'm actually making this dip for our faculty potluck on Monday. Recipe is in the spoiler.
    Editing to add that I frequently double this recipe because it goes fast at parties! It'll fit nicely into a 6qt crock pot if doubled. Otherwise you can definitely use a smaller 3 or 4 qt one.
  • Morning girls!

@mvt2003 Yay welcome over here!  I was super chill this cycle without temping/OPKs... but now I'm finding that the further into TWW I get the more BSC is starting to creep in and I keep pushing it away!!  Stay strong!  My favorite app to make and eat is baked brie... slice open and layer cranberries, basil, brown sugar, then place the other half back on and bake at 425 for ~20 mins until cheese is nice and melty... serve with crackers.  It's always a hit!

@gingermama29 OMG the ukulele program sounds so awesome!  Such a chill vibe from them so classes should really be nice!  I hope it gets approved!  Isn't it so funny how something that you weren't even interested in can actually be your inspiration?!  And your buffalo dip sounds great too.  I make it in the oven but would love the recipe in the crock pot too please :)  I love your cinnamon bun tradition too  <3

Month/Cycle:  4/4

CD/DPO:  20/5

Timing:  Pretty good

Typical LP length:  12ish

Testing:  Saturday at 9 DPO because I can't hold out any longer than that!

R/R:  My work holiday dinner was supposed to be tonight.  However, one of my coworkers is sick and can't make it in today so we are rescheduling.  We are a four person office so we'd prefer to celebrate with all of us.  I found out on my way into work which is fine.  Thankfully, I brought my holiday outfit/shoes/makeup with me so I'm not super overdressed and glammed up all day... I'll hit up the mall on my way home and pick up dinner out since today was not about cooking!!  lol

CS/Q:  nope not this cycle

GTKY: What does your family cook/make/eat for the holidays?  My father's side always did Italian seven fishes Christmas eve when I was growing up.  Now we go by my IL's and they do Polish style with some fishes, but not the same...  Looking forward to starting our own traditions once we move to our bigger house and host! 

Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @ziggymama06 Is this bigger house something for the future or something already in the works and that I missed as a relative newcomer? Sucks that your holiday party was rescheduled so last minute, but I'm glad you're giving yourself the night off from cooking all the same!

@gingermama29 You're blowing my mind with the suggestion to shred chicken in a stand mixer! Now I just have to decide which is more painful -- shredding by hand or cleaning that dadgum appliance. The ukulele program sounds awesome! I love how much enthusiasm you bring to your job and your kids.

@mvt2003 I so relate to the ordeal that is cleaning for the cleaners. I dread cleaning day because it's a surprising amount of work to get everything picked up enough that it's not embarrassing and will actually be productive for someone to come. Props to you on hosting a Christmas party, quite the undertaking! It's a simple thing (I am not a chef), but I always like to have some tasty dips on hand for the obligatory veggie tray -- hummus/guac/baba ghanoush instead of just the standard ranch.

Month/Cycle: 6

CD/DPO: 21/8

Timing: -2, 0

Typical LP length: 

Testing: No/WFAF

R/R: I'm having a really hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year. Not in a down or even TTC-related way, I just really don't want to shop or decorate or travel or deal with all the family togetherness that's expected. I am looking forward to a break from work and NYE will be fun, but I've got to snap out of the rest of it!

CS/Q: No, lost BBT so just ticking off days at this point

GTKY: What does your family cook/make/eat for the holidays? We have monkey bread for breakfast on Christmas day, and drink hot chocolate with peppermint sticks while we open gifts. For the last few years we've had lasagna for the big Christmas day meal, but I'm not sure where that originated or if it'll stick! DH's family (we're with them this year) does the traditional ham and side dishes.

• Month/Cycle: 5

CD/DPO: 23/7 I think

Timing: It was okay

Typical LP length: 12-14 days

Testing: Thinking about it

R/R: I'm with you @emiliadkay - I feel like the older you get, the more stressful things get with all the presents for family and friends and family and friends' kids...I just want to crawl under a warm blanket for 2 or 3 days and do nothing! But im pretty behind on my holiday game so that's not happening, Haha. 

@gingermama29 - the ukulele program sounds awesome! I love the sound of a ukulele- so relaxing!

@ziggymama06 - sorry your dinner was canceled but at least with the reschedule, something to look forward to!

@mvt2003 - welcome to TWW! Hope the party turns out awesome this weekend with great company. You're getting a great head start with the cleaners!

CS/Q: charting bbt but my cycles have been ambiguous so nothing much to glean from it!

GTKY: What does your family cook/make/eat for the holidays? We usually do Christmas Eve at my aunt and uncle's house and the TWO dinners Christmas day (one at my parents house, one at my husband's family's house)! Christmas ham, all kinds of sides, way too many appetizers beforehand, desserts out the wazoo... just stick a fork in me after it's all done, lol.

PS - loving all the appetizer ideas you ladies posted and totally going to try some of those out! 😍

• @ziggymama06 sorry your holiday dinner got canceled. Also that appetizer sounds tasty! I may have to try that some time. 

@emiliadkay aww thank you friend. That's so sweet of you to say 😊. And girl, my SIL taught me that trick for shedding chicken two summers ago. My life hasn't been the same since! Game. Changer. Your monkey bread and got chocolate tradition sounds awesome! I love that combo.

@ruby0902 I agree that this time of year is stressful (and expensive!). Your Christmas tradition sounds busy but also super fun! 
  • @emiliadkay Yes, we are house hunting but being suuuppppper picky because this will be our "forever home" lol... it's just taking forever, ugh.  Sorry you are trouble getting in the Christmas spirit.  Have you tried listening to some Christmas music to help out?  

@ruby0902 Online shopping is my savior. I maybe go to one or two stores tops and avoid the mall like the plague.  Hoping you can make a dent in your gift list.  Your Christmas schedule sound great and hectic like mine!!  
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @gingermama29 that shredded chicken tip is one of my all-time faves, it’s so easy! 

@ziggymama06 I love a good baked Brie! MH and BiL are allergic so SiL and I consider it more for us! 😂 

@emiliadkay I’ve been there on the not feeling the holidays. Sometimes you just have an off year, hopefully it’ll click again soon! 

@ruby0902 wow that sounds like a very busy Christmas!!!!