Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 12/9

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: stolen from WTO cause I'm not creative enough today. Are you a coffee or tea person?

Re: TWW Monday 12/9

• Morning!!

@gingermama29 That's awesome that the conference went well and you found some new ideas to incorporate and are reinvigorated by your profession, so important!  Also great you were able to network to hopefully help fill the open positions next year.  Your chart is looking nice.

Month/Cycle:  4/4

CD/DPO:  19/4

Timing: Pretty good

Typical LP length:  12ish

Testing:  Likely Saturday at 9 DPO

R/R:  Great weekend just vegging and catching up on home stuff.  Did some meal prepping yesterday so I'm set with breakfast (overnight oats), snack (green smoothie) and lunch (lentil soup) for the next 2/3 days, yay!!  Also, bowling Friday night I bowled a turkey (three stikes in a row)!!!  It was the last frame and I found my stride... which I promptly lost for the next game  :D  

CS/Q:  nope

GTKY: stolen from WTO cause I'm not creative enough today. Are you a coffee or tea person?  Mostly a coffee person.  Need some caffeine in the morning and will have a decaf in the afternoon and sometimes swap it out for a tea.  After dinner I'll sometimes have a tea if I'm in the mood.  My favorite is a latte though... white chocolate mocha from Starbucks, easy on the flavor syrup to make it less sweet.

Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 Sounds like a great conference! I agree - I know a lot of people find conferences and similar gatherings/workshops/department meetings a waste of time, but it's really essential to occasionally "drink the koolaid" and get jazzed again about what you're doing in life. How great to be in that headspace headed into the winter break!

@ziggymama06 Well done with the meal prepping! I love the idea of focusing on the first few meals/snacks of the day -- I generally do a better job with dinner when I feel "on track" for the day, so I bet that would spill over into the full day's eating.

Month/Cycle: 6

CD/DPO: 20/7

Timing: -2, O

Typical LP length: unknown

Testing: No/WFAF

R/R: We had a great uneventful weekend, and I splurged yesterday on donuts, coffee, and prosecco at brunch (I'm technically avoiding sugar/caffeine/alcohol so...) It's Monday again, but this is the last full work week of the year!

CS/Q: None currently. I lost my BBT and I'm waiting to reorder until AF juuuuuuust in case we don't need to.

GTKY: Are you a coffee or tea person? Coffee, definitely. I've been having just a few sips every morning for the last couple weeks (it's always there tempting me, because DH needs his cup before anything) and I can't wait to have it back in my life! 

• @gingermama29 - what an invigorating conference! I love those opportunities where you walk away feeling energized and excited to incorporate something new!
    @ziggymama06 - your meal prep sounds amazing!! That is my kind of food and it should make you feel great 🙂
    @emiliadkay - brunch is my Favorite meal on the weekends- sounds so yummy. And a definite cheers to ramping down on 2019!

Month/Cycle: 6

CD/DPO: 22/6

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 14-16 days

Testing: I want to test next weekend, but even then will still be early 😁😂

R/R: DH and I got to take my friend's 3yo daughter to the Children's Museum on Sunday so she and her hubby could catch up on housework and XMas shopping. It was a fun and relaxing afternoon! Also got about 100 Christmas cards sent out,  probably the earliest I've ever been... Thank God for Shutterfly, lol

CS/Q: Used OPKs around ovulation and currently charting temps, but nothing exciting to report 

GTKY: Are you a coffee or tea person? Def with the coffee cohort! There is nothing like that first, fresh hot cup of coffee in the morning 😍 I try to cut back on caffeine while ttc and don't mind tea either. I cannot do decaf coffee though, it tastes gross to me!

• @gingermama29 glad your conference was so awesome! The student teacher opportunity sounds awesome. 

@ziggymama06 I’m with you on the lattes. I’m a Starbucks addict 100% and pretty much a basic b**** who loves pumpkin spice!

@emiliadkay crossing my fingers for you that you’ll have no need to replace that BBT thermometer! 

@ruby0902 how nice that you were able to give your friend and her husband some time off and take their daughter somewhere fun! 

Month/Cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 27/6

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: No clue yet since this is first cycle I’ve tracked since IUD removal 

Testing: Probably none, I’ve been PMS-y so I’m thinking by this weekend I’ll see AF. 

R/R: Mentioned in TFAS too but hubby gave me a Ninja Foodi as an early Christmas gift and I was not expecting it at all because it was outside our budget (he wound up getting a decent deal on it). Anyone else have one and have any good ideas/recipes?

CS/Q: I’m convinced I’m doing something wrong with temps as they look insane. Probably going to try vaginal temping next cycle. 

GTKY: stolen from WTO cause I'm not creative enough today. Are you a coffee or tea person? Coffee every day all day!

• @emiliadkay Exactly!!  I had my groceries for the week delivered yesterday so I have the menu for dinners set for the week... provided I don't get lazy and not want to cook lol...  Glad you had a nice chill weekend... brunch with mimosas is always a reason to "cheat"!  So jealous this is your last week before the holiday break!  What do you do for work again?

@ruby0902 Thanks!  Your weekend sounds wonderful!  And go you getting your Christmas cards out already!!  I was planning on doing that too, but instead they are still sitting on my dining room table waiting...

@krystrist2014 Yay for Starbucks!  I'm really wanting one this afternoon... but it's raining out and I don't really feel like leaving the office... but the rain is making me want a nice hot treat even moreeee...  Your present sounds awesome!  Is that like a fancy blender?  Hoping your PMS-y symptoms are a good sign and non-AF related!!
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: CD27/9DPO

Timing: -2, +1

Typical LP length: Not sure...

Testing: A few times when I thought I had ovulated earlier, but then my temp shifted the calculated ovulation date.. So now I have to force myself to wait until Friday. 

R/R: I am waiting on a call for a new job! I had an interview on Friday that went super duper well, so I hope I get it! I was one of only two people they interviewed, so I feel like I have a really good chance. 

CS/Q:  

I feel like I might be there this month! I see a temp spike like I have never seen before and I just... feel it. Ya know? I hope this is it!!

GTKY: stolen from WTO cause I'm not creative enough today. Are you a coffee or tea person? I am a coffee person by FAR

Married 6/2018
    TTC #1 9/2019
  • @ziggymama06 thanks! Glad you had a great weekend! Congrats on your turkey in bowling. I can only accomplish that in Wii bowling 😂

@emiliadkay thanks! It was definitely what I needed at this time of the school year! Glad you had a nice quiet weekend with a nice little splurge.

@ruby0902 go you for getting Christmas cards out! I'm always too lazy to even bother.

@krystrist2014 I hope switching to vaginal temping helps your chart look more consistent.

@jtdamm2018 good luck!! I hope you get the job!! 
  • @ruby0902 Well done on the Christmas cards! I have such fond memories of the children's museum as a kid...do they still have the fake grocery store and the bank? Funny how fun the chores and to-dos of adulthood seemed at that age.

@krystrist2014 Sounds like YH did good! I've actually never heard of a Ninja Foodi but am going to have to look it up now.

@ziggymama06 Grocery delivery/pickup has been life-changing for us and meal planning! To be fair, it's my last full week before the break -- I do have to go in M-Th next week, though DH is done-done after this week (lucky duck). I'm a corporate attorney.

@jtdamm2018 Great that you're feeling hopeful on several fronts. FYI, your chart doesn't appear for me - it just says invalid link. 
  • Weird! I'll try it again...
    Married 6/2018
    TTC #1 9/2019
  • @ziggymama06 @emiliadkay it’s actually a pressure cooker, air fryer, dehydrator all in one kind of contraption. I have been wanting an instapot for a while and we had a air fryer but the basket part broke so I am super excited to have both in a single appliance now! Haha. 

@gingermama29 thanks, I hope so too!