Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL Week of 11/18-11/25/19

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? 

What is going well for you this week? 

R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What is something you wish others knew about you?

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: TTCAL Week of 11/18-11/25/19

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited November 2019
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. - NMC 1/17, BO 6/19, CP 8/19, unexplained IF / low progesterone / blood disorder 

Status: WFAF - beta tomorrow so I’ll take my last progesterone pill tonight, get my negative blood test results, and wait

How are things going? All over the place emotionally 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? At least it won’t be a long cycle...

What is going well for you this week? Going to be busy with my last few conferences and report cards, so no time to sulk. 

R/R? *TW loss and LO mentioned* 

The conception date for my first loss is approaching and it was actually exactly a year later that I took my son home after 5 days in the hospital. His second birthday is in a week and I was so lucky to get pregnant with him so quickly after the first MC. I don’t have that distraction from these other 2 losses, but I am so grateful to have him. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What is something you wish others knew about you? I am extremely sensitive, even if I don’t show it. I have been through a lot in life and just want to be happy as well as have others around me feeling the same way, which is why I avoid confrontation.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • babyodobabyodo member
    edited November 2019

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC Oct. '19

Status: WTO, I think. Still not 100% sure that CD1 was last week.

How are things going? Surprisingly well. We've decided not to host Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving this year (the first time since 2013), and I am totally okay with that. It's stressful and expensive and I just don't have the energy or mental capacity to feed 35+ people next week.

What is something that you are struggling with this week? I had a bit of a gut-check moment over the weekend where I was laying down and went to roll over and grabbed my stomach like I did when I was pregnant. And then I had the fleeting thought of "I really miss being pregnant". Even though I was still in the throes of the 1st trimester blues when I experienced my loss, it's hard adjusting back to not being KU.

What is going well for you this week? Both school & work are going great, which is weird because usually it's one or the other, not both. I'm counting my blessings. Also, a few weeks ago I volunteered to be a mentor at work, and got notification this morning that I have been selected to mentor someone! I feel honored. 

R/R? Kind of a rant, but I think I scratched my right eye yesterday somehow. I think I got a stray hair in there when I got my hair trimmed yesterday, and then overnight it just scratched the hell out of my eye. Something similar happened back in August, so thankfully I had some eye medicine, but it's hardly helping.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have a follow-up with my primary care doctor to go over my thyroid test results this afternoon, then I have a follow-up with my OB on Friday morning to go over the other bloodwork I had done after my MC. I'd like him to explain to me exactly what the results mean for me, even though I know what they are since they're posted in my patient portal online.

GTKY: What is something you wish others knew about you? Even though I can appear very extroverted when need be (say, giving a presentation at work), I am a hardcore introvert. Like, if I hadn't gotten married, I'd probably wind up living by myself in a cottage deep in the woods with 35 dogs. Thankfully, I married a fellow introvert, so his presence is not as exhausting to be around as other people. 

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @emeraldduchess I’ll hold on to the hope for you. I don’t know if I want anyone to get pregnant more than you and @nytino24. I so badly want this for you guys 💗💗

@ttcbabyodo I hope your eye calms down, that sounds miserable. 

• Oh @tyrion_ I am so sorry you're going through all that drama. I can only imagine how awful that must be for you and your DH. Good for you on getting some timing in, though. I don't know if I'd be able to shut my mind off enough to get in the mood. I count my lucky stars that my MIL is a dream, because my own mother is enough to deal with (not that she's overbearing, she's just frustrating sometimes because she spreads herself too thin and then gets overly-bitchy and it's hard to be around her). 

• @emeraldduchess I’m glad you had a good time. I’ve been drinking tea or hot cider lately, almost every day, and it’s my couple of “me minutes” that make a difference.
    @tyrion_ I’m sorry you had to deal with that shitshow and I hope it’s better this year. 
    @ttcbabyodo Hope your eye heals fast and the your thyroid is okay. 

• @emeraldduchess I need to binge clean sooo badly. I’m sorry you don’t feel the IUI worked. I hope it did!! I’m also so sorry to read about your history with anorexia. Hugs. 

@nytino24 Are you still doing the progesterone orally? I am so sorry about not having the distraction to help you push through the upcoming date. 

@ttcbabyodo I keep thinking I get CD1 and then I don’t bleed the next day.. I can’t ever tell what’s going on right now. 

@tyrion_ I’m so sorry about not being ok. It’s hard to even answer pop’s questions sometimes when they ask how you’re doing and they just expect a “good” or “fine”

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. TFMR at 14 weeks in October

How are things going?  I had my follow up ultrasound today and the tech told me my uterus looks perfect and I have several follicles on both ovaries, but she also said I have a cyst on my right ovary. I have no idea what that means.. is it like a lead follicle I might ovulate or is it just a regular cyst. She couldn't answer and said I'd probably need bloodwork to confirm the answer. Does anyone else know how I could possible know? I've been having fertile CM the last few days, but I can't quite use OPKs until all the hcg is out of my system and I'm getting vvvvvvfl on wondfo hpt right now. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? I get so freaked out between wanting to TTC again and being afraid of having to go through another TFMR or struggling to even ovulate/get pregnant again. 

What is going well for you this week? I have gained a lot of acceptance over the state of our lost pregnancy and my grief seems to be taking on a different shape which is nice I guess. 

R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results? My OB should review my ultrasound and get back to me.. I had betas drawn today to see if we're getting close to zero and I made an RE appointment for Dec 10. I haven't decided if we'll pursue it (TW ****last time we got pregnant right before my monitoring cycle was supposed to start END TW**) I just want all the help I can get I guess. 

GTKY: What is something you wish others knew about you? I tend to be the person everyone reaches out to with their problems, yet I find I can't ever express my own. I, like others have said, carry a lot of anxiety and am sensitive but I feel I always have to be the rock for others. 

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2, I was so sad to see you back here. I have been doing positive affirmations and short meditations daily this cycle because you had randomly popped into my head at the start of my cycle. Just wanted to share you were still having an impact in us 💗
  • tyrion_ aw thanks! 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 I’ve been using the suppositories for several months now. Fertile CM almost always means you’re fertile. I have gotten it while still bleeding and ovulated somewhat quickly after, even with HCG in my system. The BW and US lined up with it. 

• @flinstone-2 I am so sorry about all the confusion over what's going on with your body. I hope you can get some answers soon!

@NYTino24 I hope after your betas today that your body will reset quickly so you can move forward with your next cycle. I know that for me, after the BFN crush I feel better once the new cycle starts, I feel like my body hit the reset button. 
    @ttcbabyodo those out-of-nowhere gut punches can be the absolute worst. I'm glad you put your needs first and decided not to host those holiday gatherings. 

@tyrion_ oh my goodness, friend. I am so, so sorry for all the emotional family drama rollercoaster you are on right now. All the hugs to you! If you need to vent, my inbox is always open!
  • babyodobabyodo member
    edited November 2019
    Update: so my thyroid panel came back normal - no hyperthyroidism, which is a relief since that means I won't have take meds. But, my doc told me that it came back ANA positive, but couldn't explain to me what that means since the bloodwork they did wasn't specifically for that. So, now I'm as confused as ever. Gotta love the military healthcare system.  :s

• @NYTino24 thanks for the insight. My OB can't quite seem to answer my questions regarding hcg levels and ovulation. 

@emeraldduchess thank you! Me too!

In good news, the radiologist who looked at my ultrasound report said "unremarkable for age" so I guess that's a plus. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @NYTino24 follow up question for you.. my OB reported my hcg levels of yesterday were 27 and I definitely had EWCM this morning..does that sound at all logical? I have heard you can ovulate once levels are <20, but I didn't know if that meant a follicle can develop at <20 or actual ovulation can occur at that point. Any pointers would be appreciated!! 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 I ovulated 16 days after HCG of 15.7 and had EWCM starting on CD7.

How are things going? Mostly good. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? I don't know when or if I O'd this cycle, so I'm pretty sure I'm late, but I don't know how late. I got a BFN this morning, so I'll try again tomorrow. I was going to wait until tomorrow, anyway, because I have a dentist appointment and they always ask before they x-ray.

What is going well for you this week? I'm excited for my birthday party Saturday (yes, I still have birthday parties). Last year, everyone was out of town and my party was lame, so I ended up forcing the few people who showed up to sing karaoke. We're having it at a brewery this year and I'm excited that I don't have to clean my house or prepare any food. 

R/R? My boss makes a big deal about me taking time off because I'm the only person who "can" cover for our receptionist when she's out. I was complaining about it to my co-worker and told him it's probably because I have a vagina and he started rambling on about how women have a different gene or something. WTF? I work with a bunch of boomers, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Negative

GTKY: What is something you wish others knew about you? I sometimes have a morbid sense of humor, which I think people read as insensitive. I'm not insensitive, I just have a really hard time dealing with bad stuff and joking about it makes me feel better.

@ttcbabyodo I feel you on the extrovert-introvert thing. DH is an extrovert and doesn't understand that sometimes I need to check out and be alone. On the other hand, I'm glad I married him because he's our social coordinator.

@tyrion_ I'm so sorry for everything you're going through with your family. I thought talking crap about other people was something "young people" did and then they grew out of it at some point. People like that are so draining to be around.

@flintstone-2 when I had my FU u/s, there was a cyst on my ovary from where I o'd (from the last pregnancy). My dr. didn't seem to think it was a big deal. I guess a lot of things cause cysts and they're not all bad. I feel the same way about TTC. I'm anxious to get KU again but I'm also afraid it won't end well.

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

MC at 7 weeks in 1/19 & at 5 weeks (CP) in 8/19

How are things going? Pretty good...I feel hopeful for this cycle! I did last cycle as well though, and then just got my hopes up to ultimately be let down! I think I’m putting pressure on this cycle, because this would give us a due date before our original one (just a year later)...even though I know deep down it shouldn’t matter! 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? Work has just been really busy, so trying to keep up with everything has been a challenge! 

What is going well for you this week? The wedding I was dreading this past weekend for potential questions about being KU was perfectly fine... no nosey questions! 

R/R? Disney+ may have been my rave last week, but it still is! We are loving it!! Oh, and we got our new living room furniture and could not be happier with it! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? None.

GTKY: What is something you wish others knew about you? That I am shy/introverted...if I don’t talk to you IRL, it’s not because I don’t want to (most of the time). ☺️ I’m with you @ttcbabyodo luckily I married an introvert too, so we totally get each other!! 

@emeraldduches I’m glad you are doing well and getting excited about decorating for Christmas! I think we are going to start this weekend! I hope the end of term crunch isn’t too stressful! Also, I’m still super hopeful for this IUI for you! 

@NYTino24 I’m so sorry for this cycle, and that you are struggling with your conception date anniversary! Sending hugs!! I’m glad things have been busy to keep you occupied though! 

@ttcbabyodo I’m so glad work & school are going well! That is wonderful about becoming a mentor too! So sorry for the gut check moment!! Sending hugs! Glad your thyroid levels came back normal...I hope your check-up goes well on Friday! 

@tyrion_ ugh, I’m so sorry for all the mom & MIL drama...and that you still aren’t speaking to your mom! I hope you all can reconcile soon! Sending so many hugs your way!

@flinstone-2 so sorry for all the uncertainty right now! I hope your OB gets back with you soon and you feel comfortable with whatever you decide about seeing the RE or not! 

@mamasloth I hope you have a great birthday party this weekend!! Fingers crossed it was just too early to test! 

• @bluetickgal - FX this is your cycle! You're a gem - thank you for your thoughtful reply. I don't know what I would do without this group of women. Seriously.

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC#1 @ 7 weeks, Dec 2018 and MC#2 @ 12 weeks, June 2019; RPL testing is positive for hashimoto's/thyroid antibodies and lupus anticoagulant syndrome; last pregnancy confirmed Trisomy 18 mutation in FSH analysis.

Status: TTC for 1st time since last D&C, window is coming up

How are things going? Things have been pretty hectic! Looking forward to some much needed holiday R&R 🙂  ready to ttc again, but also have some apprehension for the future.

What is something that you are struggling with this week? Just trying to keep everything in balance. Work, grad school, personal life/hubby time ... there are not enough hours in the day. I need to reduce my day-to-day stress. 

What is going well for you this week? Im about to close out a big project at work, which will definitely lighten my load!

R/R? My friend and I are doing a dumplings cooking class this coming weekend. I have no idea what that will entail, but I'm pretty pumped for it. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Started levothyroxine treatment in early November, so I'll have my thyroid panel redone 1st week of December. Have been doing RPL testing all summer long 

GTKY: What is something you wish others knew about you? We don't always have to be making plans or doing something! Life is so busy, that doing nothing seriously sounds amazing. Let's make the new "going out" sweat pants and Disney+ night, lol

• Looking forward to getting to know everyone! 

@tyrion_ - we were both on the Jan 2020 board I believe. FX for a better outcome this time ♡ I'm excited for us even though it's terrifying and frustrating. 

@bluetickgal - Yes for the Disney+! Hoping to have some more free time in the coming weeks for some serious chill time. We go to WDW every summer with my husband's fam and I love it!

@mamasloth - I've been having some trouble with identifying my ovulation in some recent bbt cycles too... not always easy! I tend to have a more gradual temp increase that doesn't always clearly coincide with LH testing. A few days can make a difference when you're on the tww. I love that you still have a bday party every year!
  • tyrion_tyrion_ member
    edited November 2019
    @ruby0902 I’m so sorry for your losses and that you’re here with us. I’m hoping we can both move on out of here soon with our sticky babies 💗

edit: my other replies got eaten 

@mamasloth Happy early birthday! No shame in celebrating a happy occasion like this! Hope you have a blast! 

@bluetickgal I really hope this is your cycle! Fingers crossed! I’m glad the wedding went better than you expected. 

• @ttcbabyodo thanks friend!! I feel ya, this community has been amazing...I only wish I had found ya’ll sooner! 
    @ruby0902 welcome...so sorry for your losses!! Whew, you sound super busy...glad you are about to finish up a project and can hopefully enjoy the holiday break! Yes, DH and I are always on board for the staying in...so Disney+ has been a wonderful addition! 
    @tyrion_ ah, thanks lady! I so hope this is your cycle too! I saw this today and needed to share it with you...

• @bluetickgal I love him so much 😍
  • @tyrion_ me too girl! How could you not?! He is so dang adorable! 
  • @mamasloth happy early birthday!

@ruby0902 welcome! I am so sorry for your losses. This is a really supportive group of ladies. I hope you'll find the support you are looking for!

@bluetickgal I'm so glad that you're feeling so positive about this cycle. 💙 
  • @mamasloth have a great birthday party! 

@ruby0902 dumpling cooking class sounds amazing. Please report back on whatever you learn! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ruby0902 sorry you find yourself here. Hoping that thyroid and anti clotting meds help.

• Thanks @NYTino24! Me too. Going to keep working on some self nurture as we head into the holiday season. Still adjusting to the new med routine.

@flinstone-2 FX for some sticky baby dust for you this cycle!

@tara4910 - Yes! I will update on how the dumplings class goes 😁
  • @tyrion_ wow! I feel sorry for you girl. Your MIL sounds cray cray. 🤨 That sucks. I’m sorry she’s not nice and is a b&*$& to you and your mom etc. I feel blessed that I LOVE my MIL. She’s amazing and I love spending time with her. You deserve a medal for putting up with her s*&#. ❤️
  • Hi all, I just recently joined the bump, mostly because I’m looking to connect with other ladies TTCAL. I’ve been reading this thread but just got approved to post and did a quick newbie intro although I didn’t put any TW content in about loss. It’s nice to know there are other women out there who can relate (and who also have beautifully redone living rooms, take super cool dumpling making classes, etc)  :)

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. I had a CP/MC at 5 weeks in October (I’m not sure where the cutoff is for terminology, whatever it was sucked though)

Status: WTO, I think? I’m just counting the MC bleeding as a period, but not really sure if I’m going to ovulate on schedule or what... I’ve been OPK testing pretty early since I stopped bleeding, but nothing yet. Hoping this weekend. 

How are things going? Ok. DH and I had done a bunch of planning for the EDD of our loss. We had planned when to tell our families, when we’d take time off work...silly things too, like whether we’d want him/her to start school and be one of the youngest or wait a year and be older. Seems ridiculous now that we got so ahead of ourselves in the 10 days after a BFP. 

I keep feeling like we’re falling behind schedule now, I know it’s only our first cycle after loss, but I keep willing my O to come sooner so that if we conceive the baby will be born as close as possible to that old EDD... I know it’s sounds crazy, and obviously that won’t erase what happened, but it’s how I’m feeling. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? I was interviewing new candidates for my company when we had our loss, and I did it again last week, and there were a lot of reminders. Last time I took the candidates to dinner I wasn’t drinking and made a bunch of excuses, but this month I could’ve had a glass of wine. I was sitting in the same office, doing the same thing on Friday as I was a month ago when I knew something was wrong.  I also have a friend who just had a baby and a coworker who is currently pregnant, so when I’m feeling down it’s hard to hide from reminders. 

What is going well for you this week? Holidays are coming, and my mom is going to come visit. I haven’t seen her in a while, and it’s always comforting when I do. Plus I know she’s going to shield me from any tough questions from family...

R/R? New season of The Crown... not digging it

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope, and DH and I made a pact that I would wait and wouldn’t POAS unless AF is late this cycle: no early FRER testing. 

GTKY: What is something you wish others knew about you? Most of the time when I’m grumpy, I’m really just tired from my weird work schedule or hungry. 

• @notsogoodpatient I'm sorry you're here, but welcome! I can relate so much to having everything planned out (like literally a spreadsheet) and feeling like you're behind schedule. I just keep trying to tell myself the timing will be perfect when it happens. Hopefully, you won't be here long!

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • @notagoodpatient Welcome to the Bump and I’m so sorry for your loss in Oct. That’s nice that you get to see you mom over the holidays. I’m sorry that your having to go through all those reminders at work etc. I feel your pain on that. I also have a friend that just had a baby the other week and my SIL is also pregnant and due in Feb so it is tough to hide from all those reminders sometimes. I get it. I struggle too. I am the same when I’m grumpy. It’s usually because I’m hungry too lol. I’m hoping you get your BFP soon and won’t be here too long. 
  • @notagoodpatient welcome...but I’m so sorry that you are a part of this club! This is such a supportive community of women though! I hope your stay here is short & sweet! So sorry for all the reminders...I just had one of those tonight! We went to the same restaurant that we went to celebrate our 2nd positive, and then I started spotting the next day...it hit me in the middle of dinner! I hope the reminders/triggers let up a bit soon! I like what @mamasloth said, the timing will be perfect when it happens!! But I understand...I put so much pressure on each cycle, but there is only so much we can do! 
  • @bluetickgal @mamasloth @mindyb2019 thank you guys! It feels nice to know there’s somewhere I can vent or lay down all my worries (no matter how irrational)!

Good luck to all on this current or upcoming cycle!

• Welcome @notagoodpatient ♡ so sorry to hear about your recent loss. No matter how far along you are or what the terminology is, it's a devastating experience. Time never makes the hurt go away, but I hope it helps heal you and your DH. We have every reason to remain optimistic for the future though and an amazing group of ladies for support!

I've heard good things about The Crown but have never watched. I'm def on the lookout for some binge-worthy shows as the holidays approach and open to recommendations 😁

Dumplings class was awesome! There were 2 tables making pork dumplings and two making zucchini and we fried some and boiled others. I also got to catch up with a good friend. Lotta work though, I think I prefer just eating them from a restaurant, but could be fun for an every now and then 🥟🥟🥟
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited November 2019
    Oops, posted new post in old post!

• @ruby0902 thank you for your kind reply :)

I ended up finishing the crown this weekend and I started to like this season more. But I really loved seasons 1-2. I also liked Victoria on PBS (embarrassingly into British monarchy apparently) although there are some scenes/plot lines that may be triggering regarding pregnancy/children.