March 2020 Moms
Options

Wellness Wednesday 11/6

How are you doing on your health/wellness goals for this pregnancy?

Have you done anything positive for your physical health this week? How about your mental health? If not, pick a small, manageable to-do item you can achieve by Saturday & keep us updated!

Re: Wellness Wednesday 11/6

• Options
    How are you doing on your health/wellness goals for this pregnancy? Okay. I was extremely active last pregnancy so this one looks pretty cr4ppy in comparison, but this is pretty much the best I can do this time around. 

Have you done anything positive for your physical health this week? How about your mental health? I had my stroller fitness class this morning (I only have one session left in my 10 pack and I really don't think I'm going to renew it bc it is a 30 min drive to this class and DS hates sitting in the stroller for the full hour) and I have yoga tonight. Also have yoga (hopefully) Saturday. 

I don't know if I should just tough it out and do the stroller fit class for the rest of this pregnancy...I am bad about exercising without a class to go to. I could also join the local Y I guess. I keep meaning to and don't. Maybe that is the better option. I was so active with DS and I feel guilty this baby isn't get all the benefits of exercise that DS did. It's so hard to find good gym options with childcare, specifically for pregnant me. I really loved barre last pregnancy but none of the ones right around me have childcare. There is one a little further away that has childcare that maybe I should suck it up and go to. Sorry, stream of consciousness ha. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @silverhope I too am bad without a class! What does the Y offer? Maybe trade the stroller class for the barre for a month/whatever the shortest class/plan looks like, and see if you like that better? If the stroller class is also a far-ish drive, that seems like a good option! 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom yea I need to look at what the Y offers. You’re right: I should try either barre for a month or give the Y a shot. If I dislike those, I can always go back to the stroller class. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I have sucked lately but I’m starting to cut out some sugar and I’m going to get back to the gym this week! 
  • Options
    I’m dying without being able to workout. I was in such a huge fitness kick when I got KU and it went to a dead stop because of morning sickness and general feeling like crap. Now that I’m feeling better I have this stupid heart monitor and I’m not allowed! Ugh! I miss going to the gym terribly, for both physical AND mental health. I hope I get cleared soon so that I can start doing things again. I need to make myself a plan. I have been doing stretching every day though to attempt to combat the tailbone pain. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @miss.sally I am glad you have been stretching! There are probably some yoga poses that won't raise your heart rate that you could add to your stretches that might make you feel better? Meanwhile, I would focus on doing things to improve your mental health that aren't working out, if you can! I feel like baking always makes me feel better when I can make time for it, for example. Even just Making Time For Yourself might do the trick. 

ETA: fix tag