Conceiving after early loss? — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Conceiving after early loss?

Hello all, 
Just had a Chemical Pregnancy & loss this week (was about 5.5 weeks along). I knew what was happening as I am seeing an Infertility doctor and they were tracking my HCG levels every 2 days (history is when I was pregnant end of 2018 and we had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks (Feb '19) followed by a D&C as my body didn't miscarry naturally - Since February ‘19, I was super irregular and not ovulating every month, until this September when I ovulated, then conceived, and now our second loss).
The nurse called today to confirm that my HCG levels have come down to 0 (5 days since I started bleeding), and when I asked about trying again right away she said “if it were me, I would wait a month, but I don’t have any notes from the doctor.” I asked her if there was a risk in trying to conceive now, and she couldn’t give me a straight answer. I am confused though, as everything I have read about Chemical Pregnancies indicates that there is no reason to wait if you emotionally feel up to it.

Anyone in this group conceive right after Chemical Pregnancy and have healthy live birth? And if being treated by a doctor, what was the advice you received after your chemical pregnancy?

Thanks!

Re: Conceiving after early loss?

• I was advised to wait until my first period to engage in adult play time, but I was 10w4d at the time of my loss, so it was less like a period and more like The Shining. There were NO restrictions on when I could conceive again. I do know some women who have conceived on the next cycle and gone on to have healthy pregnancies. Ultimately, call your doctor...or get a consult from another if you can't get a straight answer. 

Knottie37833138capnjackharkness
  • mahoganniemahogannie
    10 Comments 5 Love Its Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited November 7
    I was told that I could start right away after our loss at 8 weeks.  The nurse explained that the only reason some doctors advice to wait one cycle is to help ensure you can better determine the age of your new pregnancy.  She said that there no health reasons needed to wait.

My sister got pregnant right after a d&c procedure (she didnt get a period after the procedure). My niece is 16 years old now.
  • Loading the player...
  • First, I am so sorry for your loss. I would listen to the advice of your doctor. I know, typically after a loss they advise waiting 1-3 months to let your body recover. That said, cp are often treaded differently and waiting is not always required. Either way, I would contact your OB and heed their recommendation.