Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Weekend 10/19-10/20

Hope it’s okay that I started this!

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Weekend 10/19-10/20

• Options

Month/Cycle: 17/12/2 AL#2 

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole, Metformin, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO at least EOD in FW, temping/tracking with FF, and adding in progesterone after O.

R/R: I’m back...apparently I’m just not meant to be in the TWW! 😒 FF took CH’s away after my temp went down this morning. We are at the IL’s, so yet another inconsistent sleeping condition, but still...my temp took a nose dive! I’ve had some cramping this morning, but I don’t have a clue what that means at this point! If I don’t have any clarity by Monday, I’ll call for a progesterone draw. On the bright side, we had a fun time at the basketball game last night and it’s shaping up to be a good day so far! Hope you all are having a great weekend so far!! 

CS/Q: Here’s my hot mess of a chart...

• Options
    @bluetickgal sorry you're dealing with all this confusion! If only our biology could be straightforward sometimes.

Month/Cycle: 10/6/1 AL#3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Levo (hypothyroid), progesterone after O, OPKs, CM, prenatals

R/R: woke up early this morning, took my levothyroxine on an empty stomach, and went back to sleep. That's always my favorite way to start the weekend because that means when I wake up again a couple hours later, I can start my day with a cup of coffee.  <3. It's the little things!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mama-mea thanks! Hope you enjoyed sleeping in and a nice cup of coffee this morning!! ☺️ It’s definitely the little things in life! Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!
  • Options
    @bluetickgal Ugh, I'm sorry.

@mama_mea Hold on to those little things, girl!

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Tracking temps, taking prenatals, getting ready to pee on allll the OPKs (and also trying really hard to limit my caffeine and alcohol intake, but I guess I'm weak lol and I just find it pretty difficult, and then I try to talk myself out of my reserve by saying "how much does it really matter anyway?" and then I try to talk myself back into my reserve by saying "if it helps, you have to give it a fair shot," so then I'm at the point where I'm waging this internal battle against myself standing in front of the coffee pot)

R/R: I guess I just did...

Happy weekend, all!
  • Options

@bluetickgal Aw, man. I'm sorry you're back here and that your chart is a hot mess right now. My temp charts always looked like that when I used to temp which made me more confused and stressed out than not temping at all, but I hope this is just an off one for you and that in the future they'll be much clearer! Hope you have a relaxing weekend! 

@mama_mea That sounds lovely! It's so nice to wake up early on a weekend and have that moment of realization that it is indeed Saturday and you don't have to stay up and go to work. Glad you enjoyed a nice cup of coffee! To me, coffee always tastes much better when I get to drink it in a leisurely way. :smile:

@ssbl I can relate to that struggle. For now, hubs and I have made the choice to limit caffeine intake, not avoid it altogether. So, we still have it every day, but we try to have no more than a 10 oz cup of coffee. But I know everyone's bodies are different, so I hope you figure out what works best for you! You're not weak for struggling with this though! It's really hard for anyone to limit/cut out caffeine. So, however you decide to do it, good luck to you! Is your husband able to help by doing that with you? Sometimes it helps to have a buddy. 

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Metformin, Myo-inositol, COQ10, Clomid (next cycle), sex

R/R: Well, I took a little break from the dailies. I think I might not post every day, but I've still been reading so I don't get too far behind on what everyone's up to! I thoroughly enjoyed my day off Thursday. It really helped my mental health and my appointment with my OB/GYN went well. 

We're going to try Clomid, but due to my long cycles, I'm supposed to start it on Day 7, so I won't actually begin until next cycle in November. She also prescribed Metformin which I started last night. And she recommended Myo-inositol and COQ10 OTC, so I found a fertility supplement that has both (and folate, and a bunch of other stuff). Based on the reviews, lots of people with PCOS found it helpful in regulating their cycles, so hopefully it will do the same for me. I'll see my doc again mid-January if not pg by then and we'll go from there. 

CS/Q: none 

me: 27
    hubs: 26
    ttc #1: 4/19
    dx: PCOS
  • Options
    @faith_2911 I’m glad your OBGYN appt went well! I bet it feels good to have a plan in place. 

MH actually doesn’t drink coffee because he’s an alien from some planet where people can function normally without regular caffeine intake? So he doesn’t understand the struggle lol. I’ve been having just tea in the mornings and usually can forgo the coffee when I’m at work and busy, but it’s hard to resist a cup on the weekends.
  • Options
    @faith_2911 @ssbl the half-caf coffee is my lifesaver, I get to drink my coffee but also not feel bad about consuming too much caffeine in preparation for pregnancy. o:)
  • Options
    @ssbl Lol! I can't imagine. Good point-- weekend coffee is a different kind of wonderful. But it sounds like you're doing really well! So, yay!

And thank you! It does feel good to have a plan. I'm excited to see if it works. When my doctor said maybe having a plan would reduce stress (since stress can hinder conception), in my head, I was like  :# uhh... maybe I need a new job. 
  • Options
    @mama_mea Good plan! I find half-caf. especially nice for when I want to drink a bigger cup lol 
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, maca 

R/R: We’ve had a crazy busy last few days with many fall activities! It’s been fun! Now it’s Sunday and my house is a disaster! 😅 so I’ll work in that today, and try to relax some. Hope you are all having a good weekend! 

CS/Q: I’m lucky I have even thought to take an OPK on cd 9, because it was nearly positive! This is the first time I’ve had a peak so early. Still waiting for a temp rise and crosshairs, so I hope that isn’t a bad thing!

• Options

@bluetickgal I hope you get CH again soon, that’s frustrating. 

@mama_mea glad your weekend got off to a good start! 

@ssbl same girl, about the coffee, and caffeine. I try to limit it to only 2 cups a day and I early drink soda or tea. But I’m an extra shot of espresso kind of gal. 😬

@faith_2911 I hope all of that helps regulate your cycles. 💕 FX for you! 

• Options
    @ssbl thanks! MH used to be one of those strange aliens too, and then I helped him see the light! 😂 We tried to cut coffee out completely, but that didn’t really work. We have switched to half caf and like @mama_mea said, that makes a world of difference! I only have 1 cup during the week, and then I’ll have 2 on the weekend (but I don’t feel bad, because it’s like 1 with only having half the caffeine). Hope you figure out what works best for you without feeling totally deprived! And I agree...it’s much tougher on the weekends! 

@faith_2911 thanks!! It’s definitely frustrating/stressful when they are so rocky. Mine went back up this morning, so I’m thinking it was just a fluke yesterday with being in a different place and not getting a ton of sleep. We’ll see what it does tomorrow though. I’m glad your OB appt went well and you have a plan in place now! I hope the Clomid/Metformin combo do the trick for you! What fertility supplement are you taking? 

@photographerwife thanks! I think if my temp stays up tomorrow, I’ll get CH’s back. Glad you've had a good weekend so far! Hope you can relax today and don’t have to work too hard around the house! Glad you caught the positive OPK! Hope you get CH’s soon as well! 
  • Options
    @photographerwife Thank you! <3 Glad you had a fun time enjoying fall! We need to clean too... I love having a clean house, but I'm such a procrastinator about it. Also, yay for O soon!

@bluetickgal Oh good! That's great news. Hope it stays on-track! And thank you!  <3 I'm taking a supplement I found on Amazon called "Pink Stork Fertility." I had previously been taking the folate supplement from that brand. One thing I liked about this one is that it contains Myo-inositol, COQ10, and folate, so I can take it all in one pill. But I don't think it has quite as much Myo-inositol as I would get from taking a Myo-inositol supplement on its own. So, if I don't notice positive differences within 2-3 cycles, I might try something else. Also, it may be hard to tell if it's effective in regulating my cycles since that's also what the Metformin is supposed to do.