Group 1 Check-In (3/1 - 3/8) w/o 10/14

EDD/W+D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Upcoming appts

How are you feeling?

Cravings/Aversions: 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: (stolen from Group 3) What is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever spent money on?: 

Re: Group 1 Check-In (3/1 - 3/8) w/o 10/14

• Options
    EDD/W+D: March 8, 19+1 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Hot dog, gameboy, mango

Upcoming appts: 10/23 for anatomy U/S

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Had a headache (which I don't usually get) yesterday, but otherwise I've been lucky and symptom-free this trimester. Maybe a little more tired than usual?

Cravings/Aversions: Hot cocoa always sounds good, but nothing really different in cravings and nothing I'm avoiding. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rave - the hot apple cider at the pumpkin patch this weekend was amazing. Rant - and the hard cider my husband had looked even better. And question - my husband has been interested in reading/watching/learning more about L&D, PP, and newborn care. Anything you'd suggest? He has a copy of The Birth Partner on hold at the library, but most of the resources I've seen are aimed at mom. 

GTKY: (stolen from Group 3) What is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever spent money on?: A light-up set of bocce balls that I had to have. They were actually kind of awesome, but I definitely did not need them. 
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 3... 20 weeks today!! *doing my happy dance*

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink 💕

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

Upcoming appts: A/S tomorrow!!! I feel like I’ve been waiting forever!

How are you feeling?: Tired... so tired. I wouldn’t attribute it to being uncomfortable at night, I just have so many to-dos running through my mind and can’t seem to sleep. But otherwise good, minus occasional aches and pains.

Cravings/Aversions: My appetite seems to be back full force. I’m eating more than usual and the thought of grilled chicken doesn’t totally gross me out, although I’ll still pass on it.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rave- my new favorite hobby is laying still and feeling baby girl move. Yesterday I saw some tummy twitches for the first time, even my husband saw it so I knew I wasn’t crazy! I’m so excited that her movements are getting stronger, I feel her almost daily now. Rant: baby registries are STRESSFUL. My husband and I got into about 3 fights while registering lol. First time parents and we have no clue what we are doing.

GTKY: (stolen from Group 3) What is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever spent money on? Oh I’m sure there are plenty of things but I can’t think of then now. However, I can think of numerous ridiculous things my husband has spent money on 😬 did you guys know there is a company that charges $99 for a pair of slippers? Yeah... things like that.

@pdx2020 We are also currently in the process of learning more about L&D and newborn care. We are going to sign up for a few classes at the local hospital that will cover birthing and newborns topics. I would recommend looking into your local hospitals to see what they offer, usually classes encourage partner attendance. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 7, 19 + 3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team pink

Baby is the size of a(n): View Master

Upcoming appts: A/S on Friday! I'm so excited. We didn't get any good pictures at our 12 week appointment, so all we have is the 8 week US picture.

How are you feeling?: Really good! Starting to get nauseous when I don't eat enough and tired easier, but overall great.

Cravings/Aversions: I've been eating 2 brown sugar cinnamon Pop Tarts for breakfast every morning (toasted, of course). Someone just reheated sloppy joe's in the lounge so I'll have to have those soon! Otherwise no real cravings. Finally able to tolerate vegetables, which I'm happy about, lol.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant - still on the hunt for good maternity jeans. I hated Old Navy, and H&M irritated my skin where the belly band and jean hem met. On to trying Nordstrom brands and maybe Motherhood Maternity, but I'm nervous that Madewell will be the only ones I like and those are expensive! Fitting for the question below. 

GTKY: (stolen from Group 3) What is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever spent money on?:  Not ridiculous, well maybe... but I got my makeup done a few summers ago at Sephora so I could buy makeup for a bunch of upcoming weddings we had. I figured by buying makeup I'd save on getting my makeup done, so it was a smart choice. When they rang everything up it was like $350! I panicked and bought it all on one of my old cards so DH wouldn't see, haha! I never keep money secrets from him but I felt too guilty for that one.
  • Options
    @lemonlove86, JCrew Factory has a pair of dark wash maternity jeans for $39 (50% off). Madewell is a sister company — I imagine the quality would be pretty good without costing quite as much! I also have a pair from Nordstrom from 1822 that have been pretty great ($59). 
  • Options
    I just ordered a few 1822 pairs that will hopefully work! And how did I not know that Madewell was a sister company of JCrew!? Will have to check that out!! Thanks, @pdx2020
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: March 7. 19+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: GIRL. I convinced my dr to do an ultrasound at my appt on Friday and he said it's a girl!

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a jar of peanut butter

Upcoming appts: anatomy scan on 10/21

How are you feeling?: pretty good. my stomach seems to get upset a lot, but at least I've gone 8 days without throwing up!!

Cravings/Aversions: I've been craving Greek salad like crazy- I just had my 4th one in a week. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Registry is starting to stress me out...I just feel like there's SO much we need! My in-laws are coming next week, though, and are buying the crib so that's a blessing. 

GTKY: (stolen from Group 3) What is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever spent money on?: I used to spend so much money on heels in HIGH SCHOOL... looking back it was such a waste!