Trying to Get Pregnant

Holiday Support Thread 2019

Re: Holiday Support Thread 2019

• Loading the player...
  • @mindyb2019 @emeraldduchess hugs to you both. It’s a really tough time to be going through this stuff. I’m headed to my in-laws today and have been dreading it. 

Pregnant SIL will be there. It’ll be the first time I see her since we got their news. 

• @emeraldduchess thank you for the hugs. Hugs back to you also. ❤️ It is tough this time of year. I’m sorry that you have a constant reminder and that your family feels like you should just suck it up and deal. that’s harsh. I’m sorry that it hurts so much for you and that you also don’t get to see your cousin this year. Hang in their girl. You have every right to feel the way you feel around this time of year. 

@keeponknittingon thank you. Hope your day at your in-laws goes ok.  Sorry you have been dreading it. Hugs. I know how your feeling on the SIL. 

@shoogapoff thanks. Aww, I’m so sorry you feel like an afterthought with your family because of your sister and your nephews. I don’t blame you. I would feel the same way. *Hugs* 
  • @mindyb2019 Can you cut out early / get there late, and miss present opening? Especially since there won't be any family presents for your little family, it seems like that would be okay to protect your heart. 

• @the_road_to_oz  I hear what your saying and I would love to cut out early but because everyone opens there presents together and waits for others to get their so we can all do it together etc I don’t think I could. MIL & FIL still bought us a few things. I think I just might go upstairs at the house and be by myself while they open their “certain” gifts that way I don’t have to see it and I protect my heart and I don’t offend or upset anyone by leaving early or coming late. *TW* It’s tough cause I haven’t told anyone of the family that we had a loss last month or were even trying so they wouldn’t even think that I would be affected by it all. end *TW* 
  • @mindyb2019 "I should note, I'm having some digestive distress" -Sheldon Cooper
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 haha 😂yess. I love Sheldon lol 
  • me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @emeraldduchess That table sounds lovely! Aaaaalll the brie!

@mindyb2019 Bahahaha! That'd shut them up!
  • Guh DH's family. Just ranting ahead....

My brother who lives a plane ride away is visiting for Christmas. We told him we would take him to Bonefish Grill while he's here because they don't have any locations in AZ. He wants to know if it's better than Red Lobster 😆

It turns into asking if DH's will be there as his family wanted to get breakfast/dinner with him at a family restaurant we go to, but brothet got a new promotion so he's still working this week (who the hell does a conference call at 9am on Christmas Eve??) so no plans for a meal ever got made prior to today so we tried inviting DH's family to Bonefish with us so they could see him.

It's just dumb that DH's family is placing more importance on watching the Packer game tonight than making things work to get dinner with him. Even though we all know ILs could record it while we're out enjoying each other's company with my brother in town. 🙄
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 ugh, that’s frustrating. 😖 I’m sorry your dealing with such a headache for a nice dinner out. 
  • Looking for tips on how to handle my MIL:
    I last saw her right after thanksgiving. DH got a new puppy from my BIL whose dog had a litter. We visit MIL after picking up puppy. MIL says to FIL while DH and I listen: (pauses here for a ****TW***) 

“We don’t get grandchildren. We get puppies”

End *TW* I almost cried on the spot. For context, we’ve been ttc since February and it’s really breaking me down. Not sure how to interact with her when I have to see her on Christmas. Any advice? 
  • My heart goes out to all of you (I am new but have been lurking for a couple months now).  This time of the year can be so difficult and it just feels extra complicated this year.  
  • @queenie_t

Wow!! Harsh..I’m soo sorry girl that your MIL said that. Hugs 💕 that’s so rude and inconsiderate. I would have definitely cried so kudos to you for not crying on the spot. I’m also sorry that TTC is breaking you down. It can definitely be a tough and emotional journey.  Hmmm, as far as seeing your MIL on Christmas... Does she know you guys have been TTC since February and that your sensitive about it? Honestly, I would just kinda be quiet around her and not say much and if she asks what’s wrong or that you seem not yourself etc, I would pull her aside and say: look, I heard what you said and the comment you made and you really hurt my feelings and I don’t appreciate that and that it’s very hard for you to hear those type of comments. 
  • @queenie_t Address it directly. “What you said was meant to be hurtful and passive aggressive. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” Sorry they made that comment. 
    @mindyb2019 hope they’re nice to you.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • edited December 2019
    TW for pg
    We were so close to making it through Christmas dinner without any reference to my SIL being pregnant...until the last fifteen minutes ...

• @tryingktogku aww, I’m so very sorry that they keep doing this horrible banter about how easy it is for them to get knocked up even though they know you have been trying for a while etc. That’s ignorant since there aware of your struggle. Sending you hugs💕 I don’t blame you for feeling that way about being around your nephew seeing how it’s a constant reminder for you. Do what you feel is best for you and your heart. 
  • @mindyb2019 thank you! I just needed to let it out! 
  • @tryingtogku My reply would be, “Oh, I feel so sorry for you. It must be so difficult dealing with being so fertile.” That should shut them up.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 that would have been a good one. It’s just so awkward when stuff like that happens like what am I supposed to say? So happy you’re not having the troubles we are lol 
  • @tryingktogku I'm annoyed when people make comments about how easy it is to get pregnant.  I think that a lot of people just speak before they even think about what they are really saying.  

I feel like I just want to stay in my little bubble for Christmas because there are announcements everywhere, and I would rather not hear or see them right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2019
    If there is some sort of higher being in this universe I must have royally pissed them off...
    TW for pg
    Tonight I found out that my cousin who is quite a bit younger than me is pregnant again. So now that’s - one SIL, at least two of MH’s cousins and my cousin all pregnant the year we’re finally able to try. WTSF. I’m afraid to find out who else is going to announce. 

@tryingktogku I’m so sorry they’re being so insensitive. I don’t understand people. :( 

@emeraldduchess *hugs* I hope this coming year will be kinder and you will have that next Xmas. 
  • @emeraldduchess aww girl.. 💕 I sure do hope you will have your LO for next Christmas time. FX. 

@keeponknittingon ugh.. I’m so very sorry. Sending you hugs ❤️ It’s been a tough Christmas for you. 

• @keeponknittingon I know that feeling all too well. :( The past year and a half that we have been ttc, it seems like everyone else is getting KU. Often it does feel like a cruel trick of the universe. Hugs to you. 
  • @keeponknittingon ❤️ I know it’s hurtful especially when it’s close ones around you. 
  • @capnjackharkness Oh I'm so sorry! I always have anxiety when people say they're starting to try, because I know they'll likely "beat" me, and somehow knowing that timeline makes it so much worse. And of course you want good things for your sister, so the complicated emotions are all over the place! Did she at least tell you in an empathetic way? 
  • My mother in law's new husband asked me when my biological clock expires.  I was like I think the dog is having a hard time with all the people and we both should go somewhere quiet for a while.  I was nervous about the holiday but that comment coming from him was from left field.  Trust me- I wish we had some news, but we don't.  We haven't been open about our journey, but the rest of the family was like oh that was inappropriate.  

My mom keeps saying that a new decade will start soon, so wishing the best for all of us in the new year!