Group 2 (3/9-3/16) Weekly Check-in w/o 10.7

EDD/W+D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Upcoming appts

How are you feeling?: 

Cravings/Aversions:

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost?

Re: Group 2 (3/9-3/16) Weekly Check-in w/o 10.7

• Loading the player...
  • @stassischroeder doppler is totally worth it!!! Plus the re-sale value isn’t bad so I’m sure once you’re done with it you can sell. I actually used mine a lot with DS even after kicks started on days when I didn’t feel as much movement. It was such a peace of mind. Plus it’s the best sound. 
  • @stassischroeder I love the Doppler!  It's such a comfort!  I do find myself getting panicky if I can't easily find the heartbeat on some days, but it's proven time and again to be a blessing for my peace of mind.

@miss.sally I'm sorry your husband is being a butt-face.  That was my partner for like an entire month.  Ever since the accident, he's been SO much more attentive and less argumentative (not advising you to get into an accident for some emotional support by any means, lol!).  But man, it sucks when they're not being team players.  My partner is a know-it-all, too, so it's useless to argue.  I hope he starts being nicer soon, because I know how hard it is to deal with pregnancy hormones all while trying to deal with a man with a shitty attitude.  :( 
  • stacey6689stacey6689 member
    edited October 2019
    EDD/W+D: March 10, 17 weeks and 6 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Turnip 

Upcoming appts: Tomorrow for a regular check-up and Nov.1st for the Anatomy Scan. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good....aside from feeling like I've gained a million pounds. I wouldn't mind the weight if I had a cute bump but I literally just look like I've gained a few pounds. 

Cravings/Aversions: Still craving all the carbs lol I am dreading stepping on the scale at the doctors office tomorrow. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I started working on my baby registry and I am so overwhelmed. As a FTM, I am seriously freaking myself out reading safety reviews and all that. DH has made no effort to help. I ask his opinion and his answer for everything is "that's nice". So frustrating. 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? I believe in all things paranormal. The house where I lived in till I was about 12 we believe was haunted. Both my mother and sister had weird stuff happen that they couldn't explain and one time me and my sister were home alone in the downstairs office when we heard footsteps going up and down the stairs that turned into stomping. We locked ourselves in the office and called our uncle who lived near by and is a police officer because we thought maybe someone broke in. He came and searched the whole house. All the doors and windows were secure. We were so freaked out. 

@emilylove25 Yay to your Anatomy scan being a few days away!! 

@malidocious I am so emotional too. I cry all the time now. lol My OB gave me my flu shot in Sept. I normally get it every year without any side effects so I figured I would be okay to take it now. I had no issues. 

@miss.sally Sorry your husband is being a grump. I have been loving nutella with apple slices as an afternoon snack. I have never really been big on Nutella but I am loving it right now lol

@stassischroeder I just ordered myself a Doppler for piece of mind. Can't wait to be able to hear my Lo's heartbeat. 
  • @miss.sally I'm sorry YH is being a jerk  :/ Can you talk to him about it? Between MH and myself, I'm the more antagonistic one, but if he approaches me in an honest "hey, this is hurting me" way, then it tends to make me check myself. Also, maybe I'll start a ghost stories thread!

@Malidocious I used to not get flu shots, but they're so important for the safety of your baby. Especially since our babies will be born at the end of flu season. I know they're not 100% fool proof, but the flu can be so dangerous for newborns that I say it's worth it. 

@EmilyLove25 I had my anatomy scan at 18w last time  :) And, I like the chipmunk reference much better than fruit, etc. lol. Makes much more sense!

@stacey6689 the registry is SO overwhelming when you're a FTM. It's hard not to stress, but you really don't need much right away. I think it's a better idea to just have the bare minimum until you get to know what the baby likes. Every darn kid is different, so you can't even trust the "ALL BABIES LOVE THIS" reviews. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @varimama *lurking from Group 1* I NEED spinach artichoke dip right now after reading that- omg. I hear Trader Joe's has a good one... stopping there after work! 
  • @Malidocious I guess I’m the UO here but I’ve never gotten a flu shot, pregnant or not. I actually had the flu when I was pregnant with DD, and while it sucked to be sick, I was fine and so was she 🤷🏼‍♀️. 
  • EDD/W+D: 3/9, 18 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke

Upcoming appts: midwife appt tomorrow morning, anatomy scan on 10/24

How are you feeling?: physically, really good. emotionally, all over the place. 

Cravings/Aversions: aversions to meat still, craving all the sweet things

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am super anxious because I went to Palm Springs with friends, got eaten my mosquitoes, and just learned there have been a few cases of west nile in that area this year. I know logically the risk is low, but I am so nervous that I won't have any west nile symptoms (since 80 percent of cases are asymptomatic), but the baby will still be negatively affected. Am I being crazy? Should I ask to get the blood test for west nile even if I have no symptoms? Anyone else live in an area with confirmed west nile?

Malidocious I will be getting my flu shot tomorrow. My biggest concern is the negative effects on the developing baby when the mom gets the flu-- there is research to show it can negatively impact development if untreated. 

@miss.sally I am sorry your DH is being like that. I hope he turns it around soon. 
  • I have an appt today, so I'll update later.

@miss.sally I'm sorry about DH. That dynamic sounds similar to me and DH, where he's always right, and I hate arguing, so I tend to bottle it up. Hopefully things turn around soon! 

@Malidocious I got my flu shot at my last appointment. I used to get them every now and then, when it was convenient, but now that I have a kid, I will always make sure my family gets shots. DS caught it last year in daycare, and his only symptom was a fever. The doctor credits the vaccine for it being so mild for him.
    *TW Working in media, I've seen too many horrific stories about children dying from the flu  :'(

@stacey6689 I'm dreading the scale today too! Yikes! I second @varimama and used Lucie's List a lot as a FTM. I've recommended it on other boards here. She does a great job comparing different things to figure out what you need and it also made me realize that cheaper doesn't mean less safe, which was a nice relief!

@varimama Jealous of those benefits! DH will get zero time off, so we're trying to figure that out. 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • EDD/W+D:  March 13 / 17w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate

Upcoming appts: Anatomy scan 10/30

How are you feeling?: Better, but still gassy and lots of cramps/braxton hicks now. Relieved cause my appointment went well today. Finally heard baby's heartbeat on my OB's doppler instead of a quickie ultrasound. Got my flu shot and had more blood drawn.  

Cravings/Aversions: I wanted stuffed shells really bad this weekend and DH did the grocery shopping and came home too late and forgot the ricotta. I uh cried. Like a lot. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm just tired of my husband being gone for 12-14 hours a day and hoping this project he's working on wraps up soon. 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? Yes, in a general way. 

@Malidocious We're big fans of the flu shot since having the first kid. I just got mine today and my 2 yr old got hers a couple of weeks ago. She's been picking up everything possible in the last month since starting preschool and she's given me four colds. March is the tail end of the height of flu season in Illinois I believe, so I'm not willing to risk it. And this year's season is supposed to be pretty bad too. 

• EDD/W+D: 3.10/18+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Potato

Upcoming appts: Had one yesterday, A/S planned in 2 weeks! (How am I halfway there already?!)

How are you feeling?: Better. I was dealing with major nausea and stomach issues Thurs-Monday, but yesterday I was fine, so I'm hoping that's done! I also get to start my new work shift next week, and I'm hoping the more regular sleeping hours will bring an improvement.

Cravings/Aversions: When my stomach was bothering me, nothing sounded good. Now I'm back to my random "oh I need that right now" cravings. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant: DS1 has another ear infection. Poor guy. We may have to investigate going to an ENT after all. Luckily he doesn't really act sick, and it's more of an inconvenience of keeping up with his temp and meds.
    Rave: Yesterday's appointment went well! I got to hear baby boy's heartbeat and BP and weight are good. Also, my parents will be here this weekend and we're going to an event Friday I've always wanted to see! It's over 5,000 carved Jack O Lanterns on a trail at a park. Should be fun, but hoping the weather cooperates. 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? I'm amused and interested in it all, but I haven't personally experienced anything to make me a believer. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • EDD/W+D: 3/12, 17+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team Blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate 

Upcoming appts: A/S on 10/21 and Midwife on 11/1

How are you feeling?: Better this week. It’s still day by day with the nausea and I still don’t have a huge appetite. I am down 15lbs as of my last appointment but my provider is ok with it for now. 

Cravings/Aversions: no cravings necessarily except wanting a large, cold, sub sandwich (and chances are one I got it, I wouldn’t want it 😂). 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Most everyone above me is getting/has a Doppler which I was considering. What brand has everyone gone with? Pros? Cons?

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? I SUPER believe in this stuff and have experienced some friendly paranormal activity- nothing inherently scary. I think it’s so cool!

@miss.sally I will not be getting the flu shot either but will get the Tdap. 

• @emilyac Glad to hear you're feeling better. I have a sonoline doppler that I got for cheap on offer up. I recommend trying there or Facebook marketplace is you're looking for a deal! 
  • EDD/W+D: 18 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): 🤷🏻‍♀️

Upcoming appts: Anatomy Scan end of month 

How are you feeling?: I’ve been MIA this week because we were in Disney World. Oh what was I thinking taking two toddlers to Disney while pregnant?! It was so much fun but I may never recover. So exhausted! 

Cravings/Aversions: Give me all the salads and veggies please. I’ve been starving and there is so much unhealthy stuff in Disney I feel gross. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Second, or third time mamas, are you feeling different this pregnancy? I feel like my body is not handling it as well and I’m disappointed in how worn out I feel already. I also feel like family and friends expect me to have this under control since it’s my third time and instead I need their help and support more than ever. 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts/have you ever seen a ghost? Not ghosts but angels. I’ve had circumstances where I just knew someone I loved was there with me or sending a message. 
  • @momoftoddlers I’m SO with you on feeling extra exhausted this pregnancy! I really thought that by the third time it should be easier but it absolutely feels like things have just gotten progressively worse. I’ve been pretty open with my friends about feeling horrible and tired and I’m sorry if I’m not going out with you but I literally can’t. Major props to you for going to Disney! We are talking about going in December but it hasn’t been decided yet. Were you able to go on any rides? 
  • @miss.sally Thanks for sharing. I’m glad I’m not the only one but man does this suck for us! I WAS able to go on a lot of rides at Disney, my kids are 2 and 4 so basically anything that was okay for them I think was okay for me (Except like the spinning tea cups). My problem was waiting in lines. It was 85 degrees with like 100 percent humidity so any time I stood still in a line I got instantly sick. So we stuck to rides with no lines in the early morning and fast pass after that. We took it very slow and left the park by noon everyday bc I just could not handle any more, and neither could the kids. And pool afternoons were wonderful. It was fun, but it would have been more fun not not pregnant and with slightly older kids. 
  • @momoftoddlers I would have DIED. I get worn out just carrying my toddler around the mall, let alone having to endure heat and humidity with TWO young kids.  

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20