Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 9/16

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 9/16

• Loading the player...
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited September 2019
    @bows22 yes I do typically O later but they're only making a day trip so they won't spend the night and I won't have to worry about ninja sex (love that phrase!). They live an hour and a half away, so travel really isn't that big of a deal but I'm not disappointed to not spend 3 hours in the car next weekend. Sorry about the shower this weekend. That's so hard to be made to feel that way. Glad the rest of the weekend was good though!
    Edited for autocorrect. Why does my phone think glad should be goat? 🙃
  • @gingermama29 can you come clean my house while you're doing all that cleaning?  :D juuuust kidding. And, I'll just be putting my OPK results into fertility friend with my temps. Or did you mean an app that tells you if it's positive or not?

@bows22 omgggg I'm so sorry about the table situation - that hurts my heart, honestly. I admit that before TTC & getting into the communities, etc., I was pretty oblivious to how hard it can be & all of the emotions it can stir up, but I'd think people on their 2nd or 3rd would know better!
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @tyrion_ I hate how fast the weekend goes! But sometimes having an uneventful week is nice. 

@millpe ugh I’m sorry you didn’t get a temp jump today. Maybe O was super early this morning and your basal body temp just hadn’t responded yet. Hopefully you see the jump tomorrow!

@saladflambe yep the waking up to pee sucks! And trying to do the mental calc at 3:30 am to figure out if I should temp then pee or pee then wait until the normal time to temp 
  • @gingermama29 I'm glad you dont have to travel next weekend! And I always use visitors as a good excuse to get my house cleaning done! 

@bows22 Oh I'm sorry about the other ladies at the table making a big deal about being KU. 

@tyrion_ weekends always go by too quickly! Hope your week goes fast and doesnt drag on. 

@saladflambe Sorry middle of the night wake ups are messing with your temps!
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @begging4abump you have been a social butterfly lately! I know what you mean about clicking with people, that’s how I felt about the girl at the shower. That doesn’t usually happen for me so it was a little bit of a confidence booster that I can actually socialize like a normal person haha

@photographerwife oh my gosh that is the longest day ever. Did she find a dress at least? People who are a little braggy about being 1/1 rub me the wrong way too. They probably are just surprised/relieved it was easy but it’s still annoying when you don’t fall into the 1/1 category. 
  • @gingermama29 I’m glad you had a good weekend! I’ve used wondfo and pregmate. And they’re all good! 

@tyrion_ glad you had a good weekend! 

@millpe I hope you O now or after 2 days from now! That sounds confusing. 

@saladflambe hopefully it won’t mess you up too bad! My temp doesn’t get super affected by night wakings. And I always Temp at 5! 
  • @bows22 sorry I missed you! That sounds super frustrating about the shower. Even though I haven’t been doing this long at all - I know that it’s hard to keep those feelings in check.
  • @photographerwife You sounds like a good friend. Seven hours! Geez! I just went shopping with my mom (and did a pretend shopping with my gmom so she could say she was part of it too), but I can’t imagine subjecting anyone else to the...pleasure of the process. Ha. I hope she bought one!

@bows22 Yep, lots of socializing lately! Whew! When it rains, it pours I guess. Look at us being normal. 😂 Ha, I’m just really picky about people, so I do get pretty excited about the clicks (not cliques). 
  • @photographerwife I'm temping at 3am. Yes, 3am. But, I almost always have to get up to pee by 3am if not earlier, so it's the most logical time (bc I'm up for the day at 5am, so if I get up to pee at 3am, I've only had maybe 90 min of rough sleep before 5am, and that'll throw temps off). But, last night, I had to pee at 1:30am...arghhh... anyways, 7 hours is a verrrry long dress shopping day omg...

@begging4abump today looks like it might be O day...but I suck at charts still. I'm glad you had a good time at the bbq :) 

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @kpearse99 I’m glad that you’ll be seeing the re tomorrow!! I’m dying to know what’s going on, so I can’t imagine how YOU feel! I’m really hoping that no symptoms is a good sign. ❤️
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, CM, charting, I would say EOD but failing at that  :/

R/R: Rave: I got to temp this morning! Also got to go back to bed after temping because I don't have to be at work until 11 today.

Rant: We didn't get to hio yesterday like I wanted to. I had a raging headache and was super tired and he just didn't really seem interested. Disappointing but it is what it is. however, I just finally got some good ewcm this am so maybe our timing won't suck as much as I thought!! definitely going to try tonight if we both aren't dead after work.

Also i'm scheduled for another 50 hour week that will definitely turn into more and i'm not happy about it. trying to figure out how to talk to my manager about it without coming off as complaining.

CS/Q: my temp this morning was 97.93 and it was pretty chilly in my room. All of my post-o temps from the past have been over 98 so I will see what it is tomorrow. does room temp affect anyone significantly? 

@gingermama29 i'm happy you won't have to travel again! hope the visit goes well

@bows22 i'm sorry you had to be in that situation :( the nerve of some people to not think twice before saying certain things!

@millpe hoping you still O'd even without the temp rise! like others have said maybe it will be a late rise?

@saladflambe sorry that you had to wake up to pee :( 

@tyrion_ I feel you on the weekend going by too fast, hope the week does too!

@begging4abump that's awesome that you enjoyed the bbq! it's always nice when the people at a function are easy to get along with :)

@photographerwife oh gosh that sounds like such a long day! 

I'm sorry you had that experience and that you felt like he wa rubbing it in, people will really never understand what it's like unless they have to go through it themselves, hugs
  • @mvt2003 I LOVE cleaning out my closets and drawers like that!! You're right, you do feel so much better after it! So much lighter too LOL! What are paper wasps?!?!  We had a bee hive in our our siding a few weeks ago too - it was getting pretty bad too, and we sprayed it with 3 different cans of bee spray over the course of 2 weeks with NO luck.  We had to call an exterminator out, but they were able to take care of it with one visit!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @gingermama29 Ha there is nothing quite like the cleaning we do for our mothers-in-law!! I use my Femometer app to read my OPK strips - it has an intelligent read function that feels like it does a pretty decent job. I do still use my judgement on the levels though. 

@bows22 I'm so sorry, friend. I hate loathe and despise that feeling, less than and left out. I'm glad you found someone to chat to, and alcohol always always helps in that situation. <3<3<3 

@tyrion_ how was your 5k this weekend? Mine was disgustingly hot, and the last mile of the route is an incline in full sun, so my time tanked. :D 

@millpe FX you O before you leave!!!

@saladflambe I hate the middle-of-the-night wakeups when I'm temping. So annoying!!

@begging4abump Hooray for O day!!!! Glad you met nice people at the party! 

@photographerwife Ooof wedding dress shopping is HARD work!!! Hopefully she found her dress!

@kpearse99 FX for your bloodwork!!!! Hoping you can finally get over to TWW!!!!!!

@whitealbum29 Loving your apple projects!!! Also, I totally understand the nerves, and deadlines make me crazy. I'm feeling like maybe 2019 just isn't my year and 2020 would be better anyway? :D I might be there with you in March the way I'm going. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• mvt2003mvt2003 member
    edited September 2019
    @kpearse99 They're basically wasps with a very distinctive nest. We had them last year, so it was familiar, although last year they nested in a trash barrel we have for yard waste. We've used 3 cans of spray so far, but MH remembered AFTER I bought the spray that only 1 brand really worked last year, and of course the other brand is what I had bought. I got the better brand yesterday, and that seems to have gotten most of them, will probably have to do one more spray tonight. 

ETA: One got into the house on Saturday night though, which was TERRIFYING. MH killed it with AquaNet and a baseball bat. :D 

• @mvt2003 DUDE hairspray works sooooo good on bees  :D:D
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 Yes, but it has to be extra firm hold, not the "soft hold" nice stuff I use to keep beachy waves :D I keep a can of extra hold AquaNet exactly for this purpose! :D 

• Our TTC Journey

• me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018

• Jumping on in! 

@gingermama29 I also use the Premom app for OPK tracking. I O late and it helps me to see things line up. 

@saladflambe I hate peeing at night! So disruptive. 

@kpearse99 so sorry your cycle has been long and frustrating, but I hope your RE can give you some positive answers! 

@mvt2003 I’m in a major purge mood too. So cathartic. Good for you! 

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, HIO, debating temping 

R/R: this weekend was beautiful weather wise! Trying to cram in all the fall activities before Midwest winter hits and we are stuck inside for 5 months. 

CS/Q: nothing to see - I’ve never temped before but am debating it! My sleep schedule is whack, but my cycles have been long (38-40 days) and I’m assuming I am O’ing late, if at all, so it would be nice to confirm.

• @kpearse99 I can’t wait for your RE appointment tomorrow! For some reason I thought the bloodwork was today and am now bummed I have to wait another day haha

@whitealbum29 ugh I would feel the same about the “deadline” the whole Zika thing makes me so mad. Don’t take away our Caribbean vacations, universe!

@konoha Those conversations with managers are not easy but I hope you can find a way to stand up for yourself!

@mvt2003 so jealous of your closet purge!! I need to make time to do that when I switch the summer/winter clothes around. 

• @konoha - that's good about ewcm, it sounds like missing last night won't be a deal breaker!
    @kpearse99 - it's not super hard, we're using our crockpot! You just need to set aside a lot of time...we started later in the day than we should have so we had to put a pause on it, hopefully that won't ruin it! It's basically just sliced apples, sugar and brown sugar and spices.
    @mvt2003 - you must feel so great having all that stuff gone so you can actually get to the stuff you want to wear! That's the best feeling!
  • @bows22 sorry, girlie haha - I wish it were today too - but I was directed to call today, if AF didn't arrive, to set up the appointment. They said I could come in any day this week... naturally I picked tomorrow  :D I NEED to know where I am at in this never ending cycle. The longer it drags on the more "over it" I am of this whole TTC process. I really am super curious to see what the results show tomorrow afternoon. <3
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 dang... how frustrating... I feel bad for complaining for my longer-but-not-THAT-long cycle last month! :( I hope the RE can give you answers/get things started (I've had to take meds in the past to restore my cycle, so I do know they exist, but I don't know how they impact TTC).

• @mvt2003 thanks for reminding me I also have a bag to ship out to ThredUp! ...I wish they paid better, but I just need the stuff out of my house now.

• @tyrion_ glad you had a good weekend!

@millpe sorry you didn't get your temp jump. Hopefully timing and everything works out though!

@saladflambe I hate cleaning! There are so many things I'd rather be doing! I'm planning to input temps to FF but yes, I was looking for an app that analyzes them. Middle of the night pee wake ups are the worst!

@begging4abump thanks for the app recommendation. I will definitely check it out. Glad you enjoyed the BBQ yesterday! Love when new social situations end up being fun!

@photographerwife so exciting about your friend but also so frustrating about the "trying a whole month." The dress shopping sounds like such a long day. Hopefully it wasn't too bad.

@kpearse99 I hope you get some answers at the RE tomorrow. Such a frustrating cycle for you!! Thanks for the recommendation too!

@whitealbum29 thanks for the recommendation! Sorry for the added pressure to get KU before your trip. FX that your timing works out and you don't have to be benched.

@konoha FX for good timing. Ugh that work week sounds miserable and long.

@mvt2003 I bet it feels so good to get rid of those clothes!! I have 4 bags that I need to get rid of too. They currently sitting in one of my spare bedrooms. And omg about the wasps! Glad you caught it early!! My parents had that issue a few years back. It took me getting stung whole I was sleeping they're for them to realize there was a problem but they had almost eaten all the way through the ceiling in the living room. Thanks for the app recommendation. I will have to check it out.

@chaos-and-coffee welcome!! Thanks for the app recommendation! The late O makes it so hard to know when to start testing too! Glad your fall weather is here! It's supposed to be 80 again here this weekend and I am so not okay with it. Bring on the fall temps and weather!

Phew, I think I'm caught up now!
  • @saladflambe Same - I sent a bag a couple of months ago and my items only sold for $14 in total. This bag will get more $$ though because I have dresses in there. 

• @kpearse99 oh I guess I did know you were just supposed to call today. How dare they not bring you in for bloodwork the same day haha. I’m glad you will have some kind of answer tomorrow even if it’s still not the whole picture!
  • I’m so late posting today!! I had half of this typed out at lunch, but then didn’t have time to finish!! Hope you all had a great day! 

Month/Cycle: 16/11/1 AL#2 

CD: 43

WAYDTGTKU: Benched...SHG next cycle and will restart Letrozole & add in progesterone. 

R/R: Had a wonderful weekend! It’s been a busy Monday so far, which has made it go by fast (update, it did go by fast)! Still no AF! I mentioned yesterday, but I feel like I may be ovulating now...so who knows what the heck is going on with my body! I’m probably going to call the RE later this week if no signs of AF by then. 

CS/Q: None.

@gingermama29 yes, the weekends are always too quick...even the ones where you don’t have lots of things to do! That’s nice your IL’s are coming to visit next weekend and you won’t have to travel! Hopefully cleaning for them won’t be too bad though!

@bows22 ugh, so sorry for that experience at the shower! People really don’t think about what they are saying and how it can affect others! It’s sucks though!! Glad you had a good rest of your weekend!! 

@tyrion_ sorry your weekend was so busy it went by too fast!! Hope your Monday goes by fast too at least!

@millpe hope you have either already O’d, or your body waits until you are back home again! 

@saladflambe hope you can get some consistent temps leading up to O! It is tough if you get up at night, but I think if you get at least 3-4 hours before you have to get up, it should be ok. 

@begging4abump glad you had a good time at the company BBQ...sounds like you have an A+ social game!! DH and I are both major introverts, so those types of social gatherings are not our cup of tea! Yay for O day...your timing looks awesome too!! 

@photographerwife sorry for the busy weekend!! 7 hours sounds like such a long time...did she at least find “the dress”?! 

@kpearse99 ugh, sorry you are still in limbo! Glad you were able to rest this weekend since you were so tired! And hopefully you’ll get some clarity after going to the RE tomorrow! 

@whitealbum29 your weekend sounds wonderful! So many apple things made, so cool!! Probably easier said than done, but hopefully you don’t let the pressure of getting KU by December get to you too much! 

@konoha yay for temping...hopefully O is right around the corner and you can get some good timing! Ugh, your work hours  sound so tiring...hope the week goes by fast for you at least! 

@mvt2003 your weekend sounds wonderful and so productive!! It’s such a good feeling purging your closet...and making room for new clothes! ☺️ Or maybe that’s just me...at least I have room for a while! 

@chaos-and-coffee welcome!! That’s great you are enjoying Fall...it’s still warm here, but I think it’s right around the corner and I’m so excited!! I definitely recommend temping, it is nice seeing the progression through your cycle!