Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 9/10

2»

Re: WTO Tuesday 9/10

• @kpearse99 it was so good!! Hope you get some clarity soon, one way or another! 

@bows22 it’s supposed to be within 10 days after the last Prometrium pill...I’m on day 6 with no signs though, so we will see. When I took Provera before, it was within a few days...hoping this is just a little later and it’ll be in the next couple of days. 

@ziggymama06 I did make the soup...no real recipe though, just asked my mom how she used to make it. I’ll included what I did in a spoiler below though:

I used venison (you can of course use beef), boiled that for about 2 hours in beef broth with a large can of diced tomatoes...took out the meat (as well as I could to not get tomatoes) and shredded it. Added all the veggies (I used carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, frozen corn, and a can of peas drained) to the broth and simmered/low boiled for about an hour until all the veggies were tender. Then I put the meat back in and salt & peppered to taste, cooking for another 20 minutes or so. Nice thing is you can adjust the ingredients with whatever you like and for however many servings you want..we will get 6 good sized servings out of it using about 2 lbs of meat. I only got 2 cartons of beef broth and should have gotten 3...I supplemented with water, but it would have been more flavorful if not I think.

Our pup (that has the allergy issues) is a mutt...best we know, she is a blue tick beagle/jack russell mix, she is about 30 lbs. Our vet gave her a steroid shot a while back, and it didn’t do much (even though it helped last year)...so we decided to try the pills/baths on our own which has seemed to help. If you are going to do the allergy pills, I’d look up weight info for dogs...I think MH said it was 1/2 pill per 10 lbs every 12 hrs, but I’d verify that. We go with 1 pill per day for her. It’s funny how smart they are...at least you found something else that works for pills! Cheesy pills work for us for now, but PB is a good idea if that changes! ☺️
  • @bluetickgal OMG that recipe sounds sooo good.  I actually have some venison (step-dad is a hunter) and I like making stew with it.  I'll have to try this recipe as I would love a good soup!  Thanks for sharing.  Aww your pup sounds so cute - I should have known by your ss, ha!  I'll look online to see if I have find anything.  That jives with our vet saying half dose for my dog who is only 11 lbs.  I think the benedryl is more frequent as it doesn't last as long.
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @ziggymama06 you’re welcome! Hope you enjoy it! DH got 2 deer last year, so we’ve had a lot of venison...this was a nice way to use some of it! Thanks, she is pretty darn cute (I’m not bias at all 😉), and totally rotten! Her big sis is a Bluetick Coonhound (they said mix, because she was a stray and they didn’t know), but we think she might be full-blooded or very close to it! She has the anxiety and all, which I think is pretty common with full-blooded! Your pup is adorable...love the cute little under-bite! 
  • @bluetickgal. Aww thank you!  We got my pup from a family friend who had puppies and I hoped he got the underbite just like his mother lol. I really wanted to adopt his brother too, but hubs nixed that. Your pups are cute!!  Do they help your hubs hunt?  
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3