February 2020 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• Loading the player...
  • @celticknotfire Lol oh no! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • +1 on the abdominal ache. It's constant and getting annoying!
  • @malloryfrommn ohhh no...I’m sorry!! I hate that feeling!! I’m in sales and some days I’m on and some days I’m so off and get really tongue tied!! Pregnancy has not helped😂
  • @babyroma the same thing happened to me last week— I had some aches (a lot like light period cramps) for a good 30 hours. Freaked and called my ob nurse; she said it was likely due to dehydration. Sure enough, rest and Gatorade and lots of water helped.
  • @tucsonftm I know I've been guilty of not getting enough water in...I'll give that a go! I know last night I was sleeping stupidly and stretched my body weird so I'm sure that didn't help!
  • Anyone experiencing carpel tunnel? I have been waking up with numb or tingling hands for a while now, but figured I was just sleeping wrong. Now it’s following me into waking hours though. Specifically, my left thumb and index finger tingle and feel numb whenever I lift my hand or reach for something. It’s so annoying 🙄
  • @taylor2020 I have it a little bit. But doesn’t really bother me during the day...yet. The doctor can give you a brace if it’s really bothering you. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @taylor2020 I had carpal tunnel during my first and third pregnancies (day and night, but worse at night). Unfortunately, it did not resolve for me until a few weeks after I delivered. If it’s bothering you, I would definitely recommend getting a brace to wear. That helped a lot for me. 
  • @taylor2020 I don't know if it's carpal tunnel but I can't crochet as long as I use to because my hands start to cramp up or just hurt.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @celticknotfire I didn’t even think of it affecting my crocheting! Here’s hoping it doesn’t bother me too bad, I want to make a blanket and some hats as soon as we know the gender....
  • Who is feeling movement? I’m 18 weeks today. Had 2 instances this week that could’ve been movement but also could’ve been gas or something else unrelated lol. I’m ready for more! 
  • @taylor2020, I had carpal tunnel with my first pregnancy but it didn’t develop until close to the end. My doctor mentioned a brace but since I was close to delivering I just let it be. I think it resolved right after birth or at least I had other things I was focused on after birth because it went away but I have no clue when. 
  • @optimism3 I didn’t think I was. Then today I went to the anatomy scan and when I watched the ultrasound, seeing the baby’s movements, I was able to understand what the feelings were. As a FTM, I didn’t understand what was a feeling of baby movement because they’re so light and easy to miss. Now I’ve felt them this evening since I know what they feel like! 
  • @um_thor what a cool experience. FTM here too which I’m sure is part of it 
  • @taylor2020 I'm not sure if it's carpal tunnel since I don't have any pain (and I don't think I've ever experienced it in the past), but my left hand keeps spasming/twitching between my thumb and my index finger. It's rather annoying. I read that it could either be carpal tunnel symptoms or a magnesium deficit. 
  • @daffodil_shoe Yep! And I keep getting one rando hair that's appearing between my chin and neck lol. 
    TW
  • @daffodil_shoe I definitely have a few more chin whiskers than I remember having. Lol
  • @daffodil_shoe no facial hair for me that I’ve noticed. But I have found several wild, long hairs on my stomach and around my areolas. Plucking those have been an experience 😂
  • @ibabyloveb87 You got this! Not too much longer! ❤️
    TW
  • Only 1 more day @ibabyloveb87 You've got this mama.
  • New symptom is lightheadedness for extended periods of time. Anyone else?
  • Omg chin hairs. me too! Wtf! 
  • @optimism3 lightheadedness is normal. Just get up slowly and take your time moving. If it gets too bad or seems too much, check your blood pressure and/or talk to your doctor. I think low iron can make you lightheaded too? 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Thanks @ibabyloveb87. Solo parenting is almost over for you! 🙌🏻
  • @optimism3 I’ve been getting dizzy spells during csections. I’ve been writing it off as getting overheated (standing under OR lights, wearing a surgical gown, two pairs of surgical gloves, and a mask makes you hot pregnant or not). Also doesn’t help to be standing in one spot for an hour.
  • @optimism3 does eating something help? I also have to get up/down more slowly now but it isn’t a prolonged feeling for me fortunately. 
  • I felt a big cramp (Braxton Hicks???) this morning. It lasted about 10-15 seconds and made me nauseous while it was happening. It only happened the once. No spotting or anything...Has anyone felt anything like this?
  • @doodleoodle hahahaha 
    I'm glad you have felt them too, Did your OB call them Braxton Hicks? Is that what they are? or something else?
  • @burr1371 did your abdomen feel hard when it happened?
  • @daffodil_shoe I think so? Lol, it is the first time it happened.
  • @burr1371 I did. They said to drink a large cup of water and lay down for awhile.
  • @burr1371 @doodleoodle yeah...I've been feeling braxton hicks for a couple weeks now. It's such an interesting sensation. There's no pain, for me, but just an odd tightening that eventually subsides. 

My latest symptom is struggling with stairs. It's so ridiculous. I get to the top and I feel like I need to take a break. This morning I made the mistake of trying to jog up the stairs to get something I forgot and immediately regretted it.