Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 8/31-9/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Weekend 8/31-9/1

• Month/Cycle: 16/11/1 AL#2

CD: 27

WAYDTGKU: Benched...SHG next cycle and will restart Letrozole & add in progesterone.

R/R: so happy we finally made it to the weekend, this seemed like a long week! Looking forward to watching some UK football and getting some stuff done around the house today! Then some time with the IL’s tomorrow and letting the pups run on the farm, which they love so much! 

CS/Q: None.

@inthewoods23 yay weekend!! Long weekends usually go by fast, so I’m sure Tuesday will be here before you know it! ☺️ Have fun with the bathroom project! 

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 Hope you get lots done on the bathroom! 

@bluetickgal Hope you have a productive day and fun with the IL’s tomorrow!

Month/Cycle: 13/13

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Ava, OPK, Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Fertility testing

R/R: Ultrasound went well yesterday.. the official report should be back next week but the tech said she thought everything looked normal! What a relief! This weekend we are relaxing, getting some cleaning/organizing done and hanging out with some friends tonight, probably playing board games. 

CS/Q: nope!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: OPK, prenatal, going to start tracking BBT this cycle

R/R: AF started today and I just completely lost it. I think I really felt like this was the cycle and it wasn't. Still struggling to get it back together before friends come over this evening. Rave: I made it to the gym this weekend and DH has brisket on the smoker for dinner tonight. 

CS/Q: none

@inthewoods23 what are you doing to your bathroom? We've done 2 bathrooms in our house and I loved the end results. 

@misshelen86 what board games do you play?? We love board games and play them all the time! 

@bluetickgal I hope you have a blast at your in laws! Our dogs would have no idea what to do on a farm. They don't even like to be left outside in the yard.

• @erevans1014 sorry for CD1! Brisket sounds awesome! For the bathroom so far we have removed a wallpaper border and repainted (which isn’t finished yet). Colors are a bright lime and dark charcoal grey. We have a shower stall and the walls around that are the green and the rest is the grey. Then on 2 walls we’re adding the peel and stick wall planks. My mom commented yesterday that the bathroom looks better just having more modern colors. Previously it was pastel green and purple. The ceiling had also been painted purple too! The previous owner of our house had some questionable tastes lol.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 purple ceilings sound interesting to say the least... I do think it sounds like you've made a ton of progress already!! I hope you took before and after! It's crazy to see the difference! I put our upstairs reno below! Can't wait to see your finished product!

• @erevans1014 that looks great! It's amazing how changing just a few things in a space can make a room look so much more modern.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: Jan 2018

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: temping this cycle. Prenatal, aspirin 

R/R: Anyone else type these up, forget to hit submit and wander off into the depths of google for hours? #thatjusthappened

CS/Q: Nothing to see here

@inthewoods I just redid our master, I love painting!
    @erevans1014 How hard was it to get that big flat 90's style mirror off the wall to put up a framed mirror? I'm debating just cheating and putting molding up around ours until the someday comes when we remodel the whole bathroom (the lay out stinks)
    @bluetickgal How was it?!

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin not heard at all.  Ours just had 4 screws holding it in place with ugly caps over the top. We honestly would have just framed  it if the screws wouldn't have been so far in from the edge of the mirror.  The biggest annoyance was patching the screw holes that weren't covered by the new mirror.
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin lol yes I have totally started typing and then gotten distracted at work before hitting post!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 - hope your bathroom project is moving along!  exciting week ahead for you
    @bluetickgal - sounds like a lovely weekend.  always a treat to see dogs in their element :)
    @misshelen86 - great news!!
    @erevans1014 - i am so sorry for CD 1.  the ultimate letdown.  hope this weekend has been kind

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPK, BBT, CP, fertilaid, pre-seed

R/R: gosh i've been bad at participating!  trying to take a bit of a lower key approach this cycle.  blazer OPK was yesterday along with a TON of cramps and bloating.  last cycle it was THREE DAYS after my CBAD peak to have a temp spike.  hoping not to have to wait that long.  in other news, we are heading out to search for some cemeteries in the mountains this AM.  

CS/Q: nah.  sloppy temping this month.

Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @misshelen86 so glad your US went well and didn’t show any issues! Hope you had fun with friends last night! An evening playing board games sounds like fun! 

@erevans1014 so sorry for AF and all the feelings that come along with it! Brisket in the smoker sounds yummy! Our dogs love being outside...the bigger one likes to swim in the pond, while the little one absolutely does not! Haha, they both love running around and exploring though! Hope you had a good evening with friends! 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin yes, that happens to me a lot during the work week, then I come back to find 15 more posts in the thread!! 😂 We started pressure washing the house yesterday...that’s a tough job, but it looks so much better already! Heading to the in-law’s here soon. Do you all have fun Labor Day weekend plans? 

@sevenn yes, and both of ours have hound or beagle in them, so that is definitely their element! I think the low key approach does us all some good, I did that a few cycles ago...although I still stressed some because then I didn’t know exactly what was going on! Haha. Sorry for the cramps & bloating, but yay for impending O! Hope you have a great rest of your weekend! 
  • @erevans1014 Your Reno looks so good! So sorry for AF. It’s so hard when you get your hopes up and then AF shows. We have so many board games.. it’s one of our favorite things to do. DH actually proposed with a board game! Last night we played Pitch Car (which is like crokinole on a race car track), Camel Up and Disney Code Names. Some of our favs are Ticket to Ride and Pirate Cove.

@whatsbumpinpumpkin Yep I’ve done that.. I also accidentally deleted everything once too! 

@sevenn Glad you got your positive! Hope you find the cemeteries you are looking for.

@bluetickgal It was so fun and we definitely needed a night to unwind! Hope you have a fun time with the IL’s tonight!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Charting, prenatal, will be buying conceive plus+ tomorrow 

R/R: Very happy it’s the long weekend and just have some extra days off to relax and not do much. Question for you ladies, does anyone own the Ava bracelet? and if so, do you like it, does it work well and your thoughts on it? I know it has a pretty heavy price tag so was wondering if it was worth the price? 

CS/Q: none 
  • @sevenn I hear you on trying to be more relaxed in your approach. Whatever gets us through this, right?

@whatsbumpinpumpkin Sometimes I type my daily post on my phone the night before and then just @ people and post it in the morning. Otherwise I'd never find time to sit down and write anything during the day!

@erevans1014 So sorry for CD1. Some months are hard. Hugs!

@inthewoods23 I'm so excited for you! Oh and I wanted to tell you that I made a "fertility" playlist for myself after you mentioned your FET playlist. Its just songs that communicate the vibe I want to have in this whole process. So, thank you for being my inspiration!

@bluetickgal OMG I'm sure you're dogs were in heaven getting to run on a farm. So fun!

@misshelen86 What board games do you guys like to play? DH and I have some friends we play with quite a bit!

Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Supplements: (Me: PNV, COQ10, VIT C, VIT E, N-Acetylcysteine, RLT; DH: Multi Vit, COQ10, VIT D, R-Alpha lipoic acid) plus BBT, CM, Clomid, IUI with trigger. 

R/R: I've been busy this weekend hanging out with friends, so good reasons to be off the internet! I'm so happy to have tomorrow off of work, and am being completely lazy tonight. Tomorrow I'll probably do some chores and keep things low-key. 

CS/Q: Not interesting yet. I'm having some ovarian pain already from the clomid, but nothing else too bad. I've heard some symptoms come when you're actually finished with the medication, though. Anyone have experience?

• edited September 2019
    ***lurk from TWW***

@shoogapoff I just finished three cycles of Clomid! I had headaches unless I took the meds at night, I was pretty moody all month long, and my boobs hurt a lot the last weekish of my cycle. This is my first cycle off Clomid and I feel much better. The side effects weren't terrible though, and if it would have gotten me KU, I would have put up with so much worse. Good luck!! 💜
  • @shoogapoff yes, they loved it! It wore them out though, so they are basically sleeping all day! Glad you’ve had a good weekend!! I took Clomid our first two medicated cycles, and I was just getting into tracking...but it looks like I had some headaches after finishing the pills both cycles. I have something similar with Letrozole but it’s usually only one day and not too bad. I wanna say the headaches with Clomid were pretty brutal, but I can’t remember for sure! I think I got worse night sweats with Clomid too, but didn’t really experience the moodiness or “Clomid Crazies” that I had read about. Hope the symptoms aren’t too bad for you!