January 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight 8/30: Baby Monitors

This week we are discussing baby monitors. 

Please feel free to use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to absorb/respond to. If you'd like to recommend/ask questions about more than one product, please copy/paste the prompts as needed.  

For S+TMs:
  • Favorite monitor(s):
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • What you don't like about it, if anything:
  • Is there a monitor you didn’t use but are considering? Why?:
  • Additional thoughts:

For FTMs:
  • Monitor(s) you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions about it/them for S+TMs?:

Re: Product Spotlight 8/30: Baby Monitors

• With DD, I didn't use a monitor. I could hear her when she cried at night, and usually she napped around the house during the day. When she was older and I wanted to do yard work while she napped, I found myself stuck inside the house without a monitor. So this time, I'd like to try one!
  • @marebear15 I used a sound only monitor with ds when he was a newborn and I loved it. We used it for probably the first year until a lightning strike broke the receiver but it was great. I decided on a sound one because I felt as a new mom I would have been looking at the video one constantly. It was better for my anxiety lol. I can’t link it because it’s probably not sold anymore, but it was great.

• Loading the player...
  • We didn't use a monitor at first either. When DD was about 6 months old, we found a free app.

• Favorite monitor(s): Baby Monitor App
    • Link/picture: https://www.babyphonemobile.com/eng/home
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): Free for audio only
    • What you like about it: It's free and easy to use when we travel
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: the free version is over WiFi, so you can't go too far outside the house. The paid version changes that
  • I'm torn between 2 right now: 
    The Motorola is cheaper and has a longer range (1000 ft vs 700) but the Infant Optics looks easier to pan around the room and you can buy different lenses if needed for your space. I have a friend who has the Infant Optics and she loves it so that's a factor too... I don't know anyone who has the Motorola. 
  • Favorite monitor(s): we have a bt 6000 video monitorLink/picture:
    Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): £130What you like about it: it has great range, great picture, great sound. It has a load of extra features that we dont really use like music so we could probably go for a more basic version next time.What you don't like about it, if anything: it doesnt have the capability to add a camera which we would need if we want to keep one in dds room & the twins room. As it stands, we will need to get a second full set.Is there a monitor you didn’t use but are considering? Why?:Additional thoughts: we didnt want one which operated via an internet connection or with an app & this one ticks all the boxes.