February 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight: Car Seats & Strollers

2»

Re: Product Spotlight: Car Seats & Strollers

• SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited September 2019
    @jessieR358 We're looking at the Chicco brand...the KeyFit Encore is attractive to me especially because it's so much lighter than the others! 9lbs vs 17+! As a small lady, I'm loving that. However, it looks like the max weight is only up to 22lbs vs 30lbs...how big of a deal is that?
  • @Swiftlet, my DD is not a chunky kid but she wasn’t over 22 pounds until she was about 18 months old and by then she was too tall for an infant seat anyway. 
  • Loading the player...
  • jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited September 2019
    Swiftlet said:
    @jessieR358 We're looking at the Chicco brand...the KeyFit Encore is attractive to me especially because it's so much lighter than the others! 9lbs vs 17+! As a small lady, I'm loving that. However, it looks like the max weight is only up to 22lbs vs 30lbs...how big of a deal is that?
    You are not going to be using an infant seat over 22 pounds anyways—-unless your baby is 10 pounds at birth lol. They typically triple their weight by 1 year. I like to switch mine out of the infant seat around 10-11 months. Get the one you like. My 4 year old weighs 36 pounds. 
  • @rikiteacup Thank you so much for the link! We were pretty sure about doing the Chicco KeyFit 30 carseat and funny thing is someone already bought it on our registry so we are locked in! I did see the Mockingbird stroller! Honestly for that price it isn't too bad compared to a lot of the other strollers!!! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • So we went to Buy Buy Baby and had an amazing experience with one of their people there. She was so knowledgeable and helpful and had specific twin recommendations. We’re going with the Chicco Fit2 and the Contours Options Elite for stroller. The one concern I had about the stroller is reviews said you had to strap the car seats in but Chicco makes specific click in adapters for that stroller so we’re good. Feels good to check another thing off the list!
  • shanel12345shanel12345 Just Joined
    edited September 2023
    Choosing the perfect stroller is like finding a golden chariot for your little one's adventures! It's all about that stroller love. We faced the same debate and ended up choosing the stroller we adored, even if it needed a little adapter dance with the car seat. They outgrow those bucket seats faster than we think, so investing in a stroller that'll stand the test of time was a no-brainer. The Nuna Pipa? A lightweight gem. Carrying a heavy seat with a bigger baby is a workout! And the Nuna Rava? Total game-changer. Comfort and safety for the win!
    Also read this will helpful for parents’ decisions! A rear-facing or a convertible for the long haul? The eternal parent debates. Your kid sounds like a little adventurer—maybe a convertible car seat will be the perfect fit for your family's journeys. For more car seat adventures and in-depth reviews, explore our comprehensive baby car seat guide: https://www.babyblay.com/car-seat/ . Here's to finding the car seat magic that fits your family's style and adventures!