Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 08/22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 08/22

• Good morning!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: trying cycle days 10, 12, 14, and 16; will temp next month

R/R: I just realized now that we're trying, I need to stop drinking so much caffeine....nooooo!!! ...I have an energy drink problem.

CS/Q: None

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • @bluetickgal I am envious of your cooler temps, it’s been soooo hot here.
    @saladflambe I have been working on caffeine too, it’s a struggle. Good luck!!

Month/Cycle: 6/4

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: Ovusense, tracking CM & CP, OPK’s

R/R: I did make it to the gym and got a great workout in last night so that was good, not so much on the cleaning front. I got a peak/positive OPK so we decided to HIO instead. Hoping today is O day because I need a break!

CS/Q: 

• @bluetickgal Did you just "clopen" the WTO thread?  :D I hated that when I worked retail but it doesn't sound too bad on TB! I'm excited for cooler temps! We have cooler weather for camping this weekend. 

@saladflambe I had that caffeine realization last month. My problem is my mug is so big! I cut back a bit but I think I'm back to where I started. School starting won't help! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPK

R/R: Not too much rest! We're back from our trip, I have a school related meeting this afternoon and then we're packing for camping this weekend. Leaving tomorrow! 

CS/Q: I'm wondering if because I didn't start the OPKs as early as I should have (due to traveling) I missed my LH surge? The line was lighter than yesterday and I wouldn't say it was positive yesterday.

• @rachelg777 There are priorities when O happens! Cleaning isn't one of them...
  • @jrouge12 what is clopen?? And I usually get a couple of darker OPKs mixed in with the light ones before I get a true positive so you may not have missed it 
  • @kpearse99 ugh, no. I’m sorry it looks like you already O’d. But I’m glad that you aren’t totally out and your doctor still gained some insight to be able to use next cycle if needed (and I really hope it’s not needed!)
  • @bluetickgal I'm ready for fall too!!! 

@saladflambe Ugh so sorry! Caffeine withdrawal is the worst!! My best advice is to keep hydrating, maybe add some electrolytes to prevent headaches!

@rachelg777 Way better choice to HIO than clean IMO!! Great job on the gym too!

@bows22 hey, getting it done is getting it done!! Great job! 

@kpearse99 Have to say I <3<3<3 your RE! FX for this month, but the nice thing is you have a plan no matter what!!! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited August 2019
    @jrouge12 we must have posted at the same time and I missed yours! Sorry!!  I've think the same thing every month I do these darn OPKs - I get a darkish line and then for the next 2 days it's way lighter and then suddenly I get a peak.  Don't stop yet!

@bows22 Clopen means Close and then Open!  We used that term a lot when I worked in the restaurant industry... when you'd be scheduled to close and then scheduled to open the next day!  @jrouge12 I haven't heard that term in a loooong time!!

@bows22 I'm slightly bummed I O'd already, for the sheer fact that we didn't get the IUI in this cycle but I am happy with our timing.  Looks like it will end up being -5, -3, 0 and +1.

@mvt2003 I really <3 my RE too! I'm so fortunate for him! I love how optimistic he is all the time and the fact that he told me that "he knows exactly what to do with me in order to get us pregnant!"
    Good luck with the SMEP!! You got this!!!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I think we need @inthewoods23 for a May hype moment!! :D 

• kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited August 2019
    @mvt2003 oh we SO need that!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: 

Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @saladflambe good luck with the caffeine reduction! I did that with coffee a while back (reduced first, then cut it out completely, but then added it back at just 1 cup a day)...it’s definitely not easy, but you can do it!! 

@rachelg777 good job making it to the gym! HIO is way better than cleaning! Hope O is today so you can take a break though! 

@jrouge12 if you mean I closed yesterday’s and opened today’s, then yes...yes I did! ☺️ I never worked retail, but I can see where that would be no fun closing & then opening! Glad you are getting the cooler weather for camping this weekend!! Hope you have a great time! 

@bows22 true, I’m ok with some warm days, but I’m over the 90 degree temps! I want it to be nice and warm at the beach in October, but I wouldn’t be sad if it’s consistently in the 60-70’s here by then! Hey, the list is complete...that’s definitely all that matters! Have fun at dinner with the family tonight! 

@kpearse99 glad your appointment went well! That stinks you missed out on the IUI this cycle, but I’m loving your RE’s optimism!! Hope you don’t need that Letrozole increase or IUI next cycle, because there won’t be a next cycle for quite some time!! Oh my, that little pupper shaking his booty!! 😍 I’d say I’m almost that excited for the weekend too!! 

@mvt2003 So glad you are feeling better and adjusting to the lower carb! Are you doing full-on keto? I’ve been curious about it, but haven’t looked into it too seriously. 
  • @bluetickgal Thanks! Yes, we are going full keto. I've been nervous to try it, but MH has not had success with calorie counting, WW, or DASH, so we're going to try this to see if he has success. I've been double tracking my WW points and shockingly I'm right on target there. I'm hoping that the reports of not feeling excessive hunger or cravings for sweets will help both of us! 

• @bluetickgal - I was browsing the Target website last night and saw so many fall candles I want to buy! It felt a little early but so excited to make my house cozy in a few weeks.

@saladflambe - Cutting down on caffeine is the hardest! I've been so glad to read that most doctors seem to say you don't have to *entirely* cut it out when KU/TTC...I don't know how I would deal.

@rachelg777 - definitely a good choice!!

Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: This month just CM, prenatals, shatavari, evening primrose oil, acupuncture. Dr's appt/some testing planned for early September so just chilling out a bit till then.

R/R: Hmm nothing super noteworthy I can think of today...just plugging along and looking forward to a busy weekend. I will say I'm enjoying not doing the OPK/logging everything in Ovia routine, it seems like I needed a month off because it just feels good!

CS/Q: nope

• @bows22 - have fun with your family!
    @jrouge12 - I would keep OPK'ing for a couple days to see if a real peak happens!
    @kpearse99 - still loving your sweet doctor! <3 So sorry you didn't get to do IUI this month but FX it won't matter!
    @mvt2003 - glad you're feeling better! Haha oh man, maybe you can get it done super super quickly during a commercial.
  • @bluetickgal Living in ND I am NOT ready for fall! Unless it's going to be a really long fall, but fall means it's almost winter 😭

@saladflambe I don't limit my caffeine while TTC 🤷🏼‍♀️ I still drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day. 

@rachelg777 HIO is a WAY better choice than cleaning 

@jrouge12 Its always possible you missed your surge, but it's still pretty early. They can get lighter and darker before the peak. Some people also get false surges where your body gears up for ovulation than doesn't. 

@bows22 Have fun at dinner with your family tonight!

@kpearse99 I'm sorry you didnt get to do the IUI, but fx you times HIO perfectly and will be KU and just saved the IUI money! 

@mvt2003 we had a baseball game on last week while we HIO #sexy and so relatable on losing the same 5 lbs. I'm also trying low carb, but I'm probably not being strict enough. I'm allowing myself one cheat day a week. I also started working out hard this week after a couple weeks off which always seems to make my body retain or add weight. H says its muscle building, I say its water haha 

@whitealbum29 sometimes taking a month off can be so nice and refreshing! I. Glad that its helping you!
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Month/Cycle:  7/5/3 AL

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM, HIO EOD, PNV

R/R: Its my Friday!! My two coworkers I actually work with/talk to are in an all day meeting and my supervisor is out sick so it should be a quiet day. Hoping I can focus and get some stuff done! Also, I did get a workout in again today! Super proud of myself this week, now I just need to keep it up and get my nutrition nailed down. I'm trying to focus more on my health and less on TTC. Since I can DO something about my health, but I can't control the TTC process. 

CS/Q: 

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @millpe I think that's what we need with keto - you literally can't "cheat" or you'll knock yourself out of ketosis. So you really have to ask yourself if something is worth it! My "cheat days" had kiiiiind of become cheat weekends, so I needed to tighten up. I totally agree about the health/TTC thing - I can do something about my health, can't really control TTC any more than I already am. I also agree I always see an uptick on the scale when I start strength training, it's super disheartening! 

• @whitealbum29 I took a few months off from logging every little thing in my Ovia app - it was nice! I'm back in full swing though haha

@millpe So proud of you with your workouts!! I like that mentality of focusing on a goal that you can physically do something about! <3
    Our TTC Journey

• @mvt2003 glad you are adjusting the low carb! we had a similar situation once with the bachelor finale before we had DVR😂 although since it’s preseason maybe he will be willing to miss it?

@kpearse99 that’s excellent timing, all things considered! 

@whitealbum29 I agree, OPKs are a pain. I’m glad you are enjoying the break from them!

@millpe That’s awesome that you are keeping the workout streak going. I have packed my lunch every day this week which is huge for me and am embarrassingly proud of myself. But it’s funny how it gets easier once you have a streak going and don’t want to break it! Enjoy your quiet day in the office!

@gingermama29 your walk sounds so nice! I would love to get in a morning walk but I already get up so early. Maybe I should start doing that on the weekends!
  • @mvt2003 sounds good! Hope this works for you all! That’s great it’s coinciding with your WW points too.  We need to do something else, we’ve both been at a plateau for a while. Neither of us needs to lose a ton at this point (maybe 10-15 lbs each), but clearly what we are doing isn’t working to lose, just to maintain. Our cheat day also turns into a cheat weekend most of the time! If we could just get that in check, we’d probably be ok. I’m interested in hearing updates from you about keto! 

@whitealbum29 yes, I love all things Fall smelling...pumpkin, cinnamon, apple spice! Cozy is the best way to describe the feeling of Fall! I’m glad you are enjoying your cycle of not tracking! I did that a few cycles ago and it was a nice break (although I don’t do OPK’s anyways since with PCOS they are always a little positive, and it drove me crazy)! Hope the carefree cycle works perfectly for you! ☺️ Also, what you are doing for your SO’s birthday sounds awesome! 

@millpe ugh, I don’t blame you there...I hate Winter about as much as I love Fall! Hope you all have a nice long Winter this year!! Way to go on the working out again...and yay for it being your Friday!! That’s a great philosophy about being able to control your health! 

@gingermama29 your morning walk sounds wonderful!! I’m looking forward to walking in the evenings again as it gets cooler! 
  • @jrouge12 Busy Busy! I feel like my line gets really light right before it darkens to positive. Hope you didn't miss it!
    @bows22 yup at least you finished it! 
    @kpearse99 Your doc sounds fantastic, hopefully things work out and a higher dose isn't needed! I think my cleaning will be pushed to the weekend...  :s
    @mvt2003 Glad you feel better today, have fun tonight! 
    @whitealbum29 Glad you are enjoying your Ovia break!
    @millpe Where you born and raised in ND? I was born in Minot!
    @gingermama29 I bet that walk was so therapeutic, I can't wait for cooler weather strolls!

• Ugh - just got my bloodwork results and they indicate that I did NOT O yet - because my progesterone levels were still low, at .3, instead of rising like they should after O.  But my follies shrunk from Monday to today and my LH level dropped from 12.6 on Monday to 7.9 today.... But my RE is a little baffled himself, and said that I may have O'd and it's just not showing up in my B/W yet.... or that I have not O'd yet.... or that I might not O at all this cycle.  He said to just HIO a few more times over the next few days to be safe.

I feel like I'm failing (again) - I'm just confused by it all. I thought the letrozole would ensure ovulation and all of that... 

My inner dialog right now:
    "I'm okay... this is all fine... we are figuring it out... think of this as an exploratory cycle...he'll figure it out next time around....stay hopeful and excited....just have some more sex!"
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 Ugh I'm so sorry that is such a mind game. When is he going to redo the blood work to see if it just hasn't shown up yet?
  • @rachelg777 I call back in 2 weeks if AF shows up or doesn't - If it shows up then I go in for my CD 3 testing and start a higher dose of letrozole. If she doesn't show up then they will do the b/w again to see if I am KU or what my levels are.  The levels then should indicate if I really did O or not, I guess? 
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 ah okay yes I guess by then you would either be KU or not. Hopefully KU!! Are you temping this cycle or did you give that a break?
  • @rachelg777 I don't temp... mostly because I didn't want to drive myself even more crazy than I already am lol

Man, I really hope I just end up KU this cycle! LOL - although now I'm just really nervous I won't O at all.... which I'm trying to find out if it's even possible to be on Letrozole and not O - since it's supposed to induce ovulation...?
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 I get it! I hope your bloodwork just hadn't reflected yet... I mean all your signs pointed to O! 
  • @mvt2003 ggaaaahhh I'm here! I had to be on a customer site at 7am which means I left my house at 6 and had no time for TB! I'm finally having lunch now and it's almost 2!

MAY HYPE

@kpearse99 finding out O hasn't been confirmed but everything else doesn't make sense 😆 hope things just haven't caught up!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 hahahah That's the EXACT picture I was thinking about when I said that my inner dialog has been "this is okay... this is fine"!!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 so sorry for all the confusion!! Fingers crossed you did O and it was just too soon to show in your progesterone! 
  • @kpearse99 sorry for all of the confusion surrounding O. I hope you did and it was just too soon to show up in your blood work. 
  • Yaaass thank you @inthewoods23 !!! 

@kpearse99 Keeping so many good thoughts for you!!!! Hoping the bloodwork will show O! 

• @kpearse99 oh no!! Why can’t anything just be clear?? Do you think if you keep doing OPKs and they show a second surge that he would have you come back in? 
  • Thanks, all, for the caffeine sympathy lol.
    I spent years caffeine-free, so I know I'll survive. I'll wean myself down to 1-2 cups of coffee lol. I just want to stop the 200mg energy drink pre workout
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @bows22 I know right??!! First the two long cycles and now this! Ugh... so frustrating! 
    I’ll keep doing OPKs for the next 5 days or so and of I happen to get a surge I’ll call. It can’t hurt... although I’m not expecting any more surges. 
    Our TTC Journey