January 2020 Moms

Throat Punch Thursday 8/22

kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
edited August 2019 in January 2020 Moms
Who needs one today?

Re: Throat Punch Thursday 8/22

• Definitely need this today. 

DD's room at daycare is apparently overbooked. The teacher to toddler ratio is 1:6. They have up to 13 toddlers who can be in the room, if all of the part time and full time kids are there. When that happens, they have been moving DD back down a room, because she's the easiest kid to do that. The problem is that now she's hating going to school. She's refusing to get dressed and go, because she doesn't want to get bumped. 

I talked to her teachers and they won't move her again this week. But I still want to talk to the director about it. I guess they have a new teacher starting soon to prevent it. I don't when that is. But I am so mad that because they overbooked the room, DD is being negatively impacted.
  • @persnickity , that sucks. Are there no other children close in age to the younger kids they can rotate with? Kids are perceptive, they know that being bumped up is a good thing, and quickly figure out that being bumped DOWN is a bad thing (even when it's not).
  • Loading the player...
  • @FyreFlyeRush There are kids slightly younger than her, but she's one of the youngest. The issue is that she's more advanced in terms of verbal skills and understanding. She's the one who's the most talkative in her class. She's being moved from a group of kids who are semi talkative to kids who don't talk at all.