January 2020 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday 8/20

Who/what makes the list today?

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 8/20

• Options
    Yesterday, the "lead tech" tells me: We have a new hire starting tomorrow. But, it's my telework day and I don't get paid enough to come in on my telework days to babysit a new hire. You handle it." I wanted to tell her, this is why they won't give you a raise...You don't want any of the responsibility of management. You don't train. You don't delegate. And you don't in-process new hires.

I left management so I could get back to my techie roots and *WOULDN'T* have to do this stuff. Why is it that I am? 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush Uggh is all I can say. I don't think I could last there very long....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited August 2019
    @biolprof the problem is leaving while pregnant. Since i'm a hardware tech by trade, I can't switch jobs. I wouldn't be able to meet the requirements of 50lbs or more, and I'd need to go on leave...and I learned the hard way what happens if you take medical leave less than 12 months into a job. You have no protections, and the company can replace you.

EDIT - I fully plan to find a new job while on, or shortly after maternity leave. 
  • Options
    Mothers can make you absolutely feel like crap. MIL is super excited as is my mom about the baby shower. MIL innocently was looking up stuff showed me asked about a date. And then just sends it to my mom. I get a call from my mom in tears saying that she’s done planning it with me and why didn’t I tell her sooner and all this junk and I’m like wait what?!?! These were all suggestions that literally got brought to me yesterday before a fucking wedding. When did I have fucking time to tell you mom?!? And again suggestions. If they don’t work for you we don’t have to do them. It brought up a ton of drama we haven’t worked through since college and I couldn’t stop crying. Which pissed off DH because he doesn’t want to see me upset and is tired of my mom’s manipulative emotional crap (whether or not it’s intentional or not). Boy my therapist and I have a shit ton to work on this week. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23