Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly Randoms 8/19-8/25

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/19-8/25

• It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I always get so confused when drive-bys almost universally refer to The Bump as "an app." It's a website....there's no app right??? I've looked in my app store and there's a Bump app but it seems like a pregnancy tracker, not an app version of the message boards. There's just a mobile site and the regular desktop site!
  • Loading the player...
  • @whitealbum29 not sure what kind of phone you have, but I’m on the Bump app right now! 
  • @whitealbum29 The boards do appear in the app, but you have to go through like 3 different sections to get there. It's not something you just stumble across in the app. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @b_1029 @whitealbum29 - oooh interesting! I have an iphone, I bet I can get it! The mobile site is so limiting.
  • Also, for the record, I think she's getting confused. The app has a "real answers" section, and she's in there answering questions that other "knotties" have posted. 

• mvt2003  I'm both terrified to go check that out, and very intrigued....

So, I've got a random unpopular opinion/bitchfest Monday/TW thing I don't feel like I can TRULY talk to others about.  This is gonna be full of TW about my MCs, about sexual assault, and the like, so yeah.

TL:DR I feel like a barren hag and society is all about 'happy babies'

As most of you know, I'm a competitive roller skater. Since the gymnastic sexual assault scandal the US Olympic Committee has started pushing Safe Sport. So it's this training/test thing you take to ensure 'safety' of minors from abusive adults/coaches/mentors. Last year all of our coaches were mandated to take this. This makes sense so I was all like, whatevs.

This year they've decided that EVERY skater 18 and over MUST take the Safe Sport training in order to be a competition member. That means that in order to skate, I HAVE to take this, and I'm going off the deep end about it. I'm infuriated by the entire thing. I use skating as my ESCAPE, especially from my RPL and MCs. I jumped back into skating this year 5 days after my confirmed MC. I actively AVOID the kids in our club, unless they specifically seek me out or initiate the conversation. 

I'm extremely upset that society as a whole has written me off as a barren hag. As a federal employee, I have 0% monetary or other help towards IVF. I was recently told that it'd be EXTREMELY difficult to have a hysterectomy to stop dealing with the pain I have, since my IUD that's now 5 months old is still causing regular pain and issues. There is also seemingly NO help for adoption as well.  I personally feel that society has told me that as a barren hag, it's too bad I can't have my own kids, and they won't monetarily aid me to help me HAVE a child, and that I could just 'keep trying' because they don't care if I continue to have dead babies. Meanwhile I feel like I'm being forced DAILY to put a smile on my face and be happy for other people's kids and "children are the future" and "it takes a village" and I'm a mandatory part of that. But they left out that that's for LIVING children, whereas dead babies and hypothetical children deserve 0 fucks given. 

This entire training feels like another stab in the gut where I'm expected to take MY time and go out of MY way for other people's children that I actively try to avoid... when I doubt any of those people have spent even a few minutes to write to their congressmen/senator or lifted a finger to help MY (future) children because MINE are dead/hypothetical and they don't matter. I just feel this is ANOTHER thing that is there by society to remind me of what I don't have... and how what I don't have just doesn't fucking matter to the world...

P.S.  I took Safe Sanctuary training (basically the church equivalent of Safe Sport) several years ago and found it to be an utter waste of my time.

Am I a totally terrible person? How do I convey how horrible this makes me feel to others who are NOT going through this, because I can't even IMAGINE telling my mother about this as I'm sure I'd get a "*sigh* YOU need to be nicer."  I guess I just have NO way of saying how this makes me feel without seeming like a totally uncaring bitch...  help?

• @dpchickens We all have our limits and the fact that you have reached/exceeded yours, does not make you mean or an uncaring bitch. At all. Is there someone you can talk to, who you can inform that the training is extremely triggering for you (without telling them why)? Sending big hugs, not that it helps. ❤❤
  • @dpchickens all the hugs, friend. It is so unfair that there is no financial help for IVF or adoption and completely sucky that your escape from everything has also been triggering. I wish I could say something better ❤️❤️. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited August 2019
    @whitealbum29 there was someone else recently (maybe it was you??) who said it would be nice if there was a bump app and I was confused. That’s all I use! I have an iPhone too. I do think the app uses a lot of data though 

@dpchickens everything you said makes perfect sense and in no way does it make you a terrible person. I don’t have any advice, I wish I did, but just sending ❤️ your way

edit - for some reason I always want to tag @dpchickens friend Jennifer 
  • @dpchickens I don't think I can really add to what these ladies have already said, so I will just send you <3. You are NOT a terrible person. You have been through hell physically and emotionally and everything you're feeling is valid. 
  • @dpchickens your thoughts and emotions are incredibly understandable. As you know, there are no easy answers, hopefully offering my support and empathy can be helpful in some small capacity. I do not blame you for feeling triggered at having to do that training, and while I can understand the thought process behind having everyone complete the training, it still doesn't make it any easier for you. 

• Thanks everyone.  Yeah, It's hard to try to express how I'm feeling to people who don't get it.  I'm all like, "This is gonna sound terrible... and I'm not PRO-abusing children... but..."  And then people give me horrified looks anyway.  ugh.

Season 16 GIF
  • @dpchickens I so don't blame you for not wanting to literally have to sit down and talk about protecting children for hours. I get squirrelly when the kids are all my in-laws or girlfriends want to talk about, cannot imagine having to devote hours of time to the topic. 

• mvt2003 We haven't received all the details yet, but it sounds like this training is going to be online (THIS year anyway... who knows about every year following. BTW, did I mention it's something I"ll have to take EVERY year.  *sigh*).  Anyway, I digress... but someone I confided in mentioned maybe having my sister or someone take it for me...  Now I'm working on how I'd pitch this idea to my unsupportive, but 'wish I knew how to help you' mother...

big bang theory help GIF
  • @dpchickens Ha I feel like this is *exactly* the sort of thing she could help you with!! :D 

All jokes aside, at least it's online only!!!!! 

• mvt2003  RIGHT!?!?!?  And ATM I 'believe' it is only online... we'll see what it all actually is or becomes by the time the season starts in a few months...

• @dpchickens I think online-only is the way these things are going - it's less expensive and easier to schedule! Thank goodness. 

• ruby696 I talked to my coach about it a bit ago.  She suggested I send an email to the figure skating committee...  I'm a bit overwhelmed/exhausted by everything ATM though and I'm not sure it would help. Plus, as we know, it's MUCH harder to try to express all these feelings and sound valid and like a real adult without sounding like I hate kids and want them molested.  *sigh*

mvt2003  I'd imagine there will be pushback as well from the older members in our sport. We have a LOT of 60+ year olds, many of whom I'm sure don't own a computer/have internet that will be burdened with figuring this out somehow!  
  • @dpchickens I don’t have any advice to add beyond what others have said, but just wanted to say your feelings are totally valid and I’m sorry they’re making you  do it. 
  • shamrocandroll I guess it's supposed to be more of a like "This is what coaching and mentoring should be" and "This is considered abusive (sexually or not) and a violation of the trust of younger kids."  And then after you take this test it basically makes EVERYONE 18+ be mandatory reporters.  Probably because of the gymnast Larry Nassar case where he sexually molested the kids IN FRONT OF their parents, and the parents didn't 'know better.'  So now we have to educate every adult as to what sexual assault consists of...
  • @dpchickens hugs girl ❤️❤️

I think it's a bit bizarre that it's not just the coaches or mentors that need to do this mandatory training. Like, you're there to compete just like all the other athletes. You're not in a position of power over them.

Ugh, such a case of 1 person ruining it for everyone!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @whitealbum29 Omg omg omg omg!!! I would have thought Zoom would let you opt out of the video component!!! EEEK! I would have died of embarrassment!

• @whitealbum29 Just reading that made me want to sink into the floor for you.  I've been meaning to put a piece of electrical tape over my camera to avoid accidental video cameos during conference calls, and this may have just given me the incentive to do that today.  So embarrassing!!!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @whitealbum29 oh no I would have gone into hiding after that!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ruby696 spoken like a true JD! :D 

• @whitealbum29 you just described my nightmare. I’m so sorry that happened!
  • @inthewoods23 :lol: What's that word for when you learn something new, and then suddenly you start hearing it everywhere?  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3