April 2020 Moms
Options

Night Owls w/o 8/19

I noticed a lot of you ladies saying you are not getting a lot of sleep on the symptoms thread, and I used to enjoy this weekly “night owl” thread in one of my old BMBs. Feel free to talk about what’s keeping you up, add a gif to express your thoughts, or tell us about your weird dreams since becoming pg! 

Re: Night Owls w/o 8/19

• Options
    My 4 year old and 4 month old tag-teamed keeping me up all night. DH conveniently spent the night in his man cave because apparently I was snoring too loud (when?? I barely slept) and he didn't have to deal with any of it. Now I have to be at work at 5:30, and the girls are finally down, and DH is well-rested and blissfully unaware of my struggle. 😡
  • Options
    The dream struggle is real! I never remember my dreams pre-pregnancy! Now I’m having vivid dreams of anything I see on Facebook before I go to bed... the past 3 have been a good friend tragically passing away, my dog being stung by a scorpion, and making turkey burgers. 🧐🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chrissdee aw, I’m sorry momma. I hope you can take a nap after work and get some needed sleep tonight! 

@ejoseph16  that last dream doesn’t sound so bad! I wonder if you could manipulate your vivid dreams by purposely looking at positive posts/videos right before putting your phone down for bed! 
  • Options
    @emsnedds that’s what I tried last night! It worked! Lol. Apparently I should just stay away from Facebook before going to bed! 
  • Options
    Mostly middle of the night waking for me, and then flopping around trying to get back to sleep! After about an hour or so tonight, I thought I would check out the app activity and discovered this appropriate thread! Wishing you all restful sleep!

• Options
    Had to pee, so I’ve been up for a bit now. It’s so hard to get back to sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    Ladies there's a cream called 8 sheep organics, it's a magnesium lotion made for pregnant women, with all organic ingredients that's supposed to help with muscle soreness and sleep in general. I plan on trying it at some point. 
  • Options
    @sanpelligrino ooh I'm going to have to add that to my amazon cart!
  • Options
    Ladies there's a cream called 8 sheep organics, it's a magnesium lotion made for pregnant women, with all organic ingredients that's supposed to help with muscle soreness and sleep in general. I plan on trying it at some point. 
    I’ve taken magnesium every night before bed for years cause I heard it was good for muscles. Who knew it was good for sleep too!!

I also fall asleep by starting at 200 and counting down by 3 (197, 194, etc..) and anytime you forget where you are or your mind drifts to other thoughts you just start over. 

Last resort: I go lay next to my dog for 15 minutes or so and match my breathing to his. Always seems to calm me enough for sleep. 
  • Options
    Hello, 3:00 am. You are not my favorite. I had a dream a bit ago that I went to the OB (but not mine) and he told me that I had a pre-bump and I should have come in right away. No idea what any of that means except that I’m super bloated. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Pregnancy dreams are so weird  andI always wake up with a faster heartbeat like they're stressful and not helpful. Last night I was 5w, but looked 20w so they said I was having twins. Also my belly button stuck out like a wobbly finger. Skeeved me out!
  • Options
    I’m joining the pregnancy insomnia train apparently. I crashed at 9:30 last night, and woke up at 2:30 wide awake. Ugh! 
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 Hi! I did the same at about 4:00. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 I managed to go back to bed at 5, but ugh! I have a boring meeting today at work and I’m terrified I’m going to fall asleep during it. 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    I've been forcing myself to stay awake until 11 at least and i find myself sleeping until 6 am that way. The days i was asleep at 10, I was awake at 2 or 3 and couldnt fall back asleep easily.
  • Options
    It’s 10:30 in Nova Scotia and I’m too anxious to fall asleep. My 1yo DS has a cold and has been waking up in the middle of the night and just crying until morning. I’m exhausted. I know I should be trying to get as much sleep in before he wakes up tonight, but I’m scared to be happily asleep and then have my rest taken away again. I know, I’m contradicting myself, but it just feels so much worse to be woken by the sound of him crying than to go help him when I’m already awake. 
  • Options
    @emsnedds ugh sorry he's sick and it's keeping you both from sleeping well. It sucks when there isn't much you can do to help.🤞 he gets better soon and you don't catch one too!