Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Fri-YAY 8/16

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Fri-YAY 8/16

• Loading the player...
  • @kpearse99 - if you like true crime, you'll love Mindhunter. I've read the book that the show is based on, plus others by the same author. I gobble up true crime stuff like an addict, lol. I'm actually currently listening to a podcast called Root of Evil: The True Story of the Hodel Family. I've read one of the books that the podcast is based on, and it was really good. I finished it in less than a week.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @kpearse99 yay for being able to work from home! Enjoy your date night tonight!!
  • @ttcbabyodo DH and I listened to that podcast! It was sooooooo good!!!! 

@gingermama29 happy anniversary!!! 

@photographerwife I feel like i had a terrible nights sleep too... something must be in the air! 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @millpe I am sorry your sister is moving so far away, I'm sure that's going to be tough. Hopefully you'll be able to visit each other as much as possible!

@photographerwife sounds like last night was a bad night for sleeping for everyone.  Full moon?

@gingermama29 happy anniversary!

@kpearse99 enjoy working from home today and have a wonderful date night! Where are you going?

@ttcbabyodo that's one beautiful temp rise! 
  • @millpe I'm sorry about your sis, that's super hard! My sisters (including my twin!) live super far away from me and I miss them so much.

@ttcbabyodo oooh we love Mindhunter too! Gonna have to make time for that soon. :) Yay for your temp spike/O!

@kpearse99 Sounds like a great day! How often will you get to work from home?

@gingermama29 Aw, Happy Anniversary! Wishing you guys a great weekend. :) 

@photographerwife Have fun with your BFF!

@emeraldduchess ugh, I'm sorry for the poor sleep. Have a great lunch!

Month/Cycle: 6/4 

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: BBT, Ovusense, CM, CP, OPK's

R/R: Add me to the poor sleep - must be something in the air! I was wrong and I guess the movers arrive tonight, oh well. That gives us more of the weekend to get stuff in order before DH starts law school Monday. 

CS/Q: nah

• @ttcbabyodo do you take baby aspirin daily? What does that help with? I am supposed to start taking baby aspirin if I get a BFP, but I've never asked or looked if i should just start now. Enjoy your work from home day! Is there a certain number of days you can telecommute or is it just whenever you want now?

@kpearse99 She is moving for her husband's job. And they will also be close to his family now. At least it's the closest major city to me so now we have an even better excuse to go to baseball and football games! 

@gingermama29 Happy anniversary!

@photographerwife Sorry you had terrible sleep! Hope you found some good coffee.

@emeraldduchess when does school start again for you? My youngest sister is a teacher and I think she went back today and kids start again next week already! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @bluetickgal Sounds like you have a great weekend planned! I'm glad your appointment yesterday was positive and you have a path forward next cycle!

@ginevere I love lakes, but they are a little further away from where I live. We dont have a boat either, but my grandparents in law live on the river and leave their boat tied at their yard so sometimes we just go take it :) 

@rachelg777 I know I saw you recently moved (or are in the middle). Remind me, did you go far? 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @millpe - I take it everyday now (I used to only take it during FW) because I was getting horrible ovulation pain every month, and was worried the inflammation was preventing implantation. I've noticed now that my ovulation pain is more a slight discomfort than something that makes me double over like it used to a few years ago. Prior to when I had an ovarian cyst burst in 2016, I could hardly stand up straight during O. And as a runner, that would sideline me for a few days, too.

• @millpe Well, we only moved a couple hours- so this move hasn't been too huge. But I've been living away from my sisters for a few years now. :( Glad you have a good excuse to visit since it's the closest big city!
  • Quick drive-by before I do my update and tags! @ttcbabyodo I loved Root of Evil! Listened to it on my long runs, which may not have been my best idea, it creeped the hell out of me haha! Are you listening to The Clearing? 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 I am listening to The Clearing right now! So interesting.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua are you feeling sick in addition to those MASSIVE temp spikes?!  I'm glad you're being proactive and going to the doctor to rule anything out.
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• babyodobabyodo member
    edited August 2019
    @m6agua - Dang! That is a high temp! I hope you get some relief soon. Getting sick in the summer suuuuucks. And I'm not sure what takeout we're getting. We did Italian last weekend (calzones & grinders), Chinese the weekend before, and pizza the weekend before that. Honestly, I could be a total fatass and just order some Burger King from Grubhub because they have the new Impossible Whopper that I've been wanting to try.  :D 

ETA: Yep! I'm all caught up on The Clearing. :)

• @kpearse99 Yes I have symptoms too. I've had a headache for the last 3 days and a small amount of nausea. Then yesterday a sore throat, fatigue and muscle aches came on. Today all of the symptoms with the fever. I was feeling ill but ok this morning and came into work thinking I would leave early. My appointment isn't until 2pm and I am feeling worse every hour. I have so much to do that I don't want to go home, but I probably should.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua oh no!!!! It really does sound like you're coming down with something.  Girl, go home!! You need rest, for sure!
    Our TTC Journey

• @ginevere thanks! Glad the weekend went ok, but I understand the needing to decompress. That’s good you were productive with painting! 

@rachelg777 good luck with finishing up the move. And good luck to YH with starting law school! 

@millpe thanks so much! It definitely feels nice having a plan again! 

@inthewoods23 25 days...you are getting so close!! 😁 That sounds like a great plan to take off those few days for the FET...and a massage sounds perfect to relax beforehand! Sounds like you have a great weekend planned!

@kpearse99 that sounds good you should be able to do it a couple days a week at least! That’s nice you and your co-workers can just work it out amongst yourselves so you know you have coverage in the office. All my work is on the computer too, so I could easily do it from home...except when I have meetings of course. I may look into doing it part time down the road a bit. 

@m6agua thank you! Oh no, definitely sounds like you are getting sick! Hope you can get some meds from the doctor and have a restful weekend to get better! 

@mvt2003 thanks! I hope you enjoy your plan-free weekend!! 
  • @ttcbabyodo @m6agua I'm on episode 3 of The Clearing, would be listening at my desk right now but my phone is with IT! I feel very adrift haha!

• I've finished Root of Evil and am now listening to The Man in the Window. I told you I'm addicted, lol.

• @ttcbabyodo I love it!!!! I tried Man in the Window and it freaked me out, you'll have to let me know what you think. I binged Crime Junkie's entire backlist recently, so I'm also a podcast addict lol. 

• jrouge12jrouge12 member
    edited August 2019

Been away from here for a few days while traveling! Finally got a chance to sneak away and go to bed early (just checking in on TB first!)

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Temping, (I'm traveling with a couple OPKs too. I'll start on CD 10 probably. We're in a hotel traveling home that night).

R/R: Out adventuring before the new school year ramps up! 

CS/Q: Well it's my first month temping and using FF. The past two nights my temp was way lower but I was in a different room/sleeping situation. Now tonight I'm in a different bed. I'll see what tomorrow brings! 

@ttcbabyodo Yay for the spike!

@kpearse Hope date night goes well!

@gingermama29 Have fun this weekend and on the date night!

@photographerwife I hear the rough night! I just did 2 nights on a deflating air mattress! Hopefully you sleep better tonight!

@bluetickgal Enjoy the game!

@m6agua Feel better soon!