Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 8/13

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 8/13

• Loading the player...
  • @ttcbabyodo omg I was dying at your response about being a bog monster. That whole thread had me cracking up. I love the snark on TB. FX for today or tomorrow being O day!

@bluetickgal glad your Monday went by quickly! I hope the rest of the week does that too and your noisy work neighbor isn't there today too.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CF, FF, prenatals

R/R: I feel like I blinked and it's already mid-August. I'm in denial that summer is wrapping up this quickly. I'll probably go into my classroom sometime this week or next and start setting it up.  

CS/Q: no

• edited August 2019
    @ttcbabyodo that bog monster comment...amazing. I was cackling! 

@bluetickgal noisy work neighbors are the worst! Hope she's out again so you can have a peaceful day today. 

@gingermama29 I am in denial that summer is winding down, too. At my meeting last night everyone was talking about how much work they've already done in their classroom and I was like, "eh...I'll get to it eventually." 🤣 I've been on Pinterest looking for bulletin board ideas, so that's something!

@kpearse99 I hope the time between now and your appointment on Thursday flies by! Grow follies, grow!

@whitealbum29 let us know how the soup turns out! I am always looking for good soup recipes. 

Edit: add tag
  • Man, I'm so far behind this week.  Not sure I'll even have time for my other threads, because I have a crazy week ahead!

@ttcbabyodo I died at your bog monster comment. I'm writing from the afterlife.  Which should make TTC interesting.  :lol:

@bluetickgal Noisy neighbors being out make for the best work days.  My cube neighbor is great and I like him a lot, but he is SO LOUD on the phone.  He pretty much shouts, and I can hear him through my headphones.  He's moving to another building and I am so relieved.

@gingermama29 Summers are so short here to begin with... I always get so sad when they end.  Although I do loooove fall in northern New England too.  Just hate the long long winters that follow.

@kpearse99 OMG that GIF!  :lol::lol:

@whitealbum29 Mmmm, enjoy your soup!

@emeraldduchess I keep wanting to try Stitch Fix.  I really should, since I just threw away 75% of my clothes.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• edited August 2019

Good Morning ladies! I haven't had any time to bump this past few days, but I hope you all had a great weekend and a good monday! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: BBT (gonna try vaginally this cycle), OPK, maca, prenatals

R/R: Everything went well this weekend. The wedding was a hit, it was hot and a ton of work, but the couple was amazing and we all did really well on time. Staying on time, surprisingly rarely happens. I also got invited to a essential oil party this weekend. I don't know how i feel about them, but the party was nice. And the oil that we made did at least smelled nice during AF. 

CS/Q: I haven't started charting yet this cycle.  

edited for wording. 

• @emeraldduchess Im glad you like your new co-workers, thats always a plus! Is that one of the subscription clothes things? I've always wanted to try one of those, i'm an awful shopper. 
    @whitealbum29 Soup is my fave! Hope its good! Also, dreaming of fall! 
    @kpearse99 So many FX for you this cycle!! Also, same on that face! 😂😬
    @gingermama29 IKR! i cant believe its already the 13th! Summer has flown by. 
    @bluetickgal Yay for no nosey neighbor! Who needs to be productive? lol
    @ttcbabyodo dying about the bog monster! lol FX for HIO one more time! 
  • @rachelg777 Thank you for the reassurance!  Hope your travel goes smoothly, and you get to relax tonight!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @emeraldduchess I love stitch fix!!! Although I was not happy with what they sent me this past month.  The patterns and colors were awful!!  @shamrocandroll you should totally give stitch fix a try!! 

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @ttcbabyodo That was certainly interesting yesterday. Hope O happens soon for you!

@bluetickgal Hope the next few days go by quickly for you as well. Hope your noisy work neighbour is out again. 

@gingermama29 I agree, this summer went by too fast!

@kpearse99 I also stayed in bed too long this morning getting morning snuggles.. and other stuff haha.  ;) But H and I are on vacation together now. Can’t wait to hear how your follies are doing! Keeping FX things work out for this month.

@whitealbum29 your soup sounds great! Enjoy
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @gingermama29 thanks! She actually showed up today, but has been MIA from her desk all morning...so it’s not been an issue at all! It is so crazy that it’s almost the middle of August already! Schools around here have already started back or start this week...when do you all start back? 

@kpearse99 I feel ya on not wanting to get out of bed in the mornings...alarms are the worst! Yay, glad you got in on Thursday with the RE...fingers crossed you have some good follies developing!! Haha, oh I definitely don’t wanna either...hence why I’m back already! 

@whitealbum29 oh, that soup sounds interesting! Let us know how it turns out!! 

@emeraldduchess glad your work meeting went well and you like your new teaching neighbor! Glad you like your Stitch Fix this time too! I’ve done 3 of them just randomly, and I like most of what they send, but I just let myself pick 1 or 2 things because it ends up being more expensive than I expected! They have really cute and good quality stuff though, so it is worth it every now & then! Thanks...neighbor is here, but she has been away all morning! 

@shamrocandroll ugh, that stinks about your noisy neighbor...but that’s great he is about to move!! Yay for O!! My LP has always been pretty consistent even when I O late, so hopefully that won’t be an issue for you! 

@photographerwife glad the wedding went well this weekend! I’ve never tried Essential Oils, but it seems like most people I know that have tried them end up loving them! 

@rachelg777 hope you have safe travels and can relax when you get home! And yay for not having to go to the grocery! 

• *lurking from TWW*

@shamrocandroll You are a true TTC rock star this cycle!!!!! FX for you!!! 

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @kpearse99 I hope time goes quickly between now and Thursday. FX for your appointment. And agreed about not wanting to get out of bed in the mornings. 

@whitealbum29 that soup sounds tasty! Let us know how it turns out!

@emeraldduchess I'm with you on the "I'll get to it eventually" mindset. Several colleagues have already been in their classroom and sending out emails. I'm just not in that mental place quite yet. That's exciting about your new colleague next door! Also what is stitch fix??

@shamrocandroll I agree about loving fall in the northeast (I'm in western NY). I'm a weirdo that actually loves winter too though. FX that your timing was as good as you're thinking and you're on your way to the May BMB!

@photographerwife glad everything went well at the wedding this weekend!

@rachelg777 I'm an elementary music teacher. I teach grades Pre-K-6th vocal and general music. Ordering groceries is the best. I love not having to go out grocery shopping, especially when I'm traveling home.

@bluetickgal we start back with kids the Wednesday after Labor Day. Teachers have a conference day in that Tuesday though.

@misshelen86 enjoy dinner out tonight! I love Mexican food!
  • @misshelen Yay O buddies!  FX for good results today!  I am super jealous of your Mexican food.  I loooove it and there's not really a good place for it around here.  But also, I've been to San Diego Old Town and I think that has ruined me for mediocre Mexican food for life.  

@mvt2003 Thank you!  I'm not big on humble-bragging, but I am pretty proud of myself for not just throwing in the towel this cycle.

@gingermama29 I like winter, too!  It's just that northern New England gets about an extra month of winter when compared to the more southern parts of the Northeast.  I'm from southern MA originally, and even though I'm only 2.5 hours north of there, it makes a HUGE difference in climate in the winter.  We usually get a solid 2 weeks of negative temps, as low as -20, and we don't really seem to get much for a spring.  It snows until early May or so.  So I start to get really grouchy around March or so when everyone else gets some spring teaser days.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll Ha you deserve it!!!! Also, those March spring teaser days are the actual best! They give me hope that spring will actually come. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @misshelen86 hope you have a good acupuncture appt. and get good results from you H’s US today! Oh, enjoy dinner with the IL’s...Mexican is one of my favorites!! 

@gingermama29 that sounds good...hope you enjoy your last couple of weeks off! 

@jrouge12 hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! I had to get the headphones that cover my ears because the earbuds that go in your ears hurt me...so it’s very obvious when I’m trying to tune people out, but I’m ok with it! Hope packing doesn’t take too long! That’s nice your H is finished with the cabinets for the day at least! Enjoy your vacation!  
  • @shamrocandroll I'm in Maine and I'm at peace with the winter, but I know what you mean about watching people everywhere else get those early spring days in March while it's still snowing here. When I didn't make it into the April BMB my defense mechanism was "oh yeah well APRIL SUX HERE ANYWAY. Who even wants to have a baby then!"

• @whitealbum29 Hahaha, same!!!  I'd love to be able to leave the house during my mat. leave!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• ****lurking**** 

@shamrocandroll When I O’d on CD 26 my LP was it’s usual length. Glad you finally O’d! And that timing is awesome! I want this badly for you!!! 
  • @kiki047 *takes a bow*  Thank you, thank you.  I did convince MH to take sperm performance enhancing supplements this cycle, so hopefully that helps.

Anyone have any tips on things for me to do during the TWW to make things as accommodating as possible for my hopefully-fertilized egg?  I got some fertility tea (aptly named fertili-tea or something like that) and I'm trying to drink lots and lots of water, but otherwise not sure if there's anything I should also be doing, aside from trying not to stress out like crazy (lawl, yeah right).  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I think I read somewhere recently that eating warm foods, like soups and stuff, after O and during the TWW helps.... because embryos like warm places or something like that?
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @shamrocandroll I’ve read that eating pineapple core helps with implantation 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @kpearse99 Oh, so you mean like not this freezing cold ice water I'm currently sucking down?  Haha.  I never want warm foods in the summer.  But I guess I'll make my fertili-tea warm instead of iced like I planned.

@misshelen86 I've done the pineapple core thing before, and the only thing I got was pineapple fibers stuck in between my teeth and really bad heartburn.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19