Fit Friday - 8/9 — The Bump
March 2020 Moms

Fit Friday - 8/9

I hope its ok that I start this... I havent seen one since 7/26... so its been a few weeks. 

- EDD/W+D:
- Did you have a workout regimen before becoming pregnant?
- How have you been doing?  
- Plans moving forward?
- What are your nutritional goals?
- Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
- What is your favorite form of exercise? 
- What will you miss while you are pregnant? 

Re: Fit Friday - 8/9

• I guess since I started it, I will answer it... 

- EDD/W+D: 6w/6d
    - Did you have a workout regimen before becoming pregnant? Yes, I am at the gym 6 days a week at 5:15am
    - How have you been doing? Havent missed a workout yet. Still feeling good and strong. No one knows yet, so its business as usual.
    - Plans moving forward? I am hopeful that I continue to feel good and am able to keep up my routine through the end. I will start to scale if/when things get uncomfortable or if my form starts to be compromised by body changes.
    - What are your nutritional goals? I am a "macro counter" I follow a program that calculates my macros weekly based on my weight. I clearly cant follow that once I start gaining weight, so I am maintaining my macro count that it is right now and hoping I can ride it out through the remaining weeks. 
    - Do you take any vitamins/supplements? I take, magnesium, zinc, b6, E, D and Fish Oil as well as a Womans Multi with DHA and Folic Acid. I stopped taking creatine (because while the stats show it "could" be beneficial I just dont see enough research), but will continue with my whey protein post workouts.  
    - What is your favorite form of exercise? Heavy weight, Olympic lifting. 
    - What will you miss while you are pregnant? The ability to push myself to the red line once I get into the end of the second tri when my wind is stolen so quickly... 
  • MalidociousMalidocious
    100 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited August 9
    - EDD/W+D:  Mid-March (I'll find out more August 14th), roughly 8 weeks!

- Did you have a workout regimen before becoming pregnant?  I have been an exercise fanatic for probably 15 years, until my divorce happened earlier this year and I haven't really worked out since March.  I used to run for 5-7 miles every day before work and then do Pilates during lunch on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and weight lifting/strength training on Wednesdays and Sundays.  I really, really want to get back into walking on the treadmill at least for 30 minutes most days, but I'm afraid that since it's been a few months, I could end up stressing my body or causing harm to the baby.

- How have you been doing?  TERRIBLE!  I'm not exercising hardly at all right now, except for some walks here and there.  I really want to get back to regularly walking before work and then doing some prenatal Pilates or gentle weight lifting during my lunches.

- Plans moving forward?  I am going to slowly start incorporating walking back into my mornings once I talk to my OB at my appointment on Wednesday next week.  I feel like a bloated, hefty-sized version of myself and not just because of the pregnancy.  Dislike!

- What are your nutritional goals?  Right now, it's hard finding food that sounds good to eat that isn't a carb or covered in cheese.  I do eat healthy dinners (for the most part) but I feel like lean meats and veggies just are NOT appealing right now.

- Do you take any vitamins/supplements?  I take two prenatal vitamins before bed, and sometimes some extra folic acid during the day.

- What is your favorite form of exercise?  I love swimming a lot, but I think just simple walking/running combo on the treadmill is my favorite.  It gives me the most mental peace.  I also really love Pilates and being so flexible (not to mention the strong core!).

- What will you miss while you are pregnant?  I miss being able to drink alcohol, but I suppose the lack of it is probably a good thing in terms of fitness lol!  I will miss doing the more advanced Pilates that I'm used to, as I don't think those core-centric and laying-on-your-tummy stretches are the best for baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh boy, this is intense! Posting for accountability.

- EDD/W+D: 3/20 (8 weeks)

- Did you have a workout regimen before becoming pregnant? I was just starting! I have been doing elliptical/running (2-3 miles) since about November. I stepped it up more this summer and added weight lifting. I was getting 2-4 workouts a week.

- How have you been doing? Not great. I did well for the first two weeks but now I’m back to work, I’m feeling tired and nauseous, and it’s just hard. I am meeting with my trainer again on Monday and I haven’t been to the gym all week! I’m going tomorrow morning, though!

- Plans moving forward? I need to establish routines with work that allow me to get to the gym at least twice a week. I want to keep doing strength training and maybe even keep seeing my trainer. 

- What are your nutritional goals? I’ve lost 27 pounds since March. I know I’m going to gain it back, but I don’t want to gain too much. I’m trying to be vigilant but also keep from getting nauseous. It’s a tough balance to strike. Also I feel very hungry, especially in the middle of the day.

- Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
    just a prenatal

- What is your favorite form of exercise? 
    Probably running, when I’m in shape and when it’s comfortable.

- What will you miss while you are pregnant? running. With the bloat it’s already uncomfortable, and I’m also trying not to let my heart rate stay too high, so aside from a light jog it’s really not ideal for me right now. Also, I know it’s silly, but I miss the feeling of success I had with weight loss. I am still overweight and part of me wishes I was still able to continue that journey. 
    Malidocious
  • EDD/W+D: 3-18-20/ 8+4
    - Did you have a workout regimen before becoming pregnant?yes, I have been weig ht lifting, yoga and pilates  for about 3 years and just fell in love with crossfit about 5 months ago. 
    - How have you been doing?  Great. Pilates and lifting once a week, crossfit 4 days, and yoga once or twice a week.
    - Plans moving forward? Keep at it,  modify as needed rest when needed
    - What are your nutritional goals? Eat what sounds good
    - Do you take any vitamins/supplements? Smarty pants prenatal 
    - What is your favorite form of exercise? Yoga+crossfit can't choose
    - What will you miss while you are pregnant? Pushing myself