January 2020 Moms
Options

Throat Punch Thursday 8/8

Re: Throat Punch Thursday 8/8

• Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited August 2019
    This throat punch goes to the people automatically assume all gamers are violent, unstable, social outcasts. For every 1 gamer that does the unthinkable, there are literally hundreds of millions more (just in the US, mind you) that are appalled and horrified at the events that took place. In fact, quite frequently, they'll unite and have gaming tournaments to raise money for the families of victims. (steps off soapbox)

EDIT - My ex is being a complete passive-aggressive vinegar sack right now. Must have found out about the baby. I wonder it's because I'm having a boy? Or if the idea of me being happy in life just ticks him off...*sigh* Probably both.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marebear15, I think throat punch is completely appropriate! What an insipid little twit. 
  • Options
    That sounds super obnoxious @marebear15!

I totally hear you on yours @FyreFlyeRush. That has been obnoxious over the last few days. I'm not a gamer myself but someone I love is one and that stereotype is so off base. I will add to your thought the similar comments that have been flying around about people with mental illnesses. That does nothing to encourage people to seek treatment for conditions that are, in many to most cases, very treatable. People with mental illness are far more likely to be the victims of violence than to cause it. H texted me on Monday and said "Apparently video games and mental illness are to blame for everything." My response was "well then they better lock us up right now!" I laugh, but it's not funny.
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush videogames will always be a scapegoat and it's stupid. For most people, videogames keeps us from killing other people because we get our release at shooting at pixels on a screen. LOL. I love my video games and I was so happy to get back into RDR2 over vacation. It's such a beautiful game on top of a really good story.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    My throat punch is for today. My DDs daycare said it was ok to bring an ice cream cake for her bday celebration, so I did today and now they called me saying they can’t actually serve it since just in case! I checked it didn’t have any may contain nuts etc but still they won’t. I literally cried on the phone. They all saw the cake and were so excited now I have to go back and take it away and bring shit ass cookies instead that are “school safe” and a fruit platter. Pissed that they told me first it was ok and now no. I don’t know how I’m going to go back in there and not cry again 

edit for spelling 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I'm so sorry that really sucks!
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k That's terrible! If they told you it was safe, they should honor that. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. 
  • Options
    @stashattack, exactly. I love escaping into a well written and graphically designed world. OK, so I have to shoot (or hack and slash) some pixelated characters. But, like reading, it's taken me to many, many places, and let me be many, many people. I've played Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Mass Effect, Fallout, Bioshock, and goodness what else that I've forgotten...I'm about as violent as a sheet of paper. 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k ugh I'm so sorry. As someone with an allergy, this makes me so mad. I survived day-care and school with my allergen being all around just fine. Though mine isn't airborne like some other allergies. But I firmly believe that kids need to learn how to function in a society that's not going to give two shits about their allergy in the real world and learn how to navigate that gracefully. All my parents asked is that I had a safe place to eat my snack, and to get a heads up when a special snack was going to be brought in so I could be sent in with something comparable so I didn't feel left out. And it worked. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23