Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Tuesday 8/6

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 8/6

• Options

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT charting, CM & CP tracking, OPKs, Pre-Seed, Mucinex (CD10 to 1DPO), and baby aspirin.

R/R: I slept well last night, I just wish I had gotten more of it, lol. Dragging butt today. Why does this always happen on the longest day of my week?? Anyway, I'm just waiting on pre-order information for TOOL's new album to be released today (pre-order sales tomorrow). I'm such a weirdo, lol.

CS/Q: Nope

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options

@ttcbabyodo Do you find mucinex makes a big difference for you? Good luck on your long day!

Month/Cycle: 6/4

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: BBT, ovusense, OPK's, CM, CP

R/R: I'm debating giving up caffeine this cycle but also it gives me life in the morning...  I usually try to go to the gym Tuesday nights but I have so much to do before I leave town on Thursday I think I will skip. Now I just need to hold myself accountable to get all this crap done!

CS/Q: Nah

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rachelg777 - Yes, I find it definitely helps. The only struggle is figuring out if your slippery or EWCM is from ovulation or the Mucinex, so I always confirm O with temping & OPKs to be sure. Just make sure you get the straight up Mucinex (with just the Guaifenisin), not the Mucinex D (which has decongestant). 

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo That makes sense, thanks! I never used to have EWCM but I've found since starting CoQ10 it made a huge difference, which I didn't expect would happen from that.
  • Options

@rachelg777 I am with you with the caffeine thing. I have read so many things one way or the other and I'm always on the fence about whether or not I should try to cut it out. I just can't seem to give it up, though! If you don't drink any soda and try to avoid all other forms of caffeine I feel like one cup in the morning is perfectly reasonable, especially if it brings you joy!

@ttcbabyodo Does the mucinex have any side effects for you? I tried it for a few days last cycle and I couldn't stop coughing.

(I hope those tags worked, I'm still figuring things out!)

Month/Cycle: 14/10

CD: 2 

WAYDTGKU: pnv, opk, ava, tracking cm

R/R: Now that cycle day 1 blues are out of the way I am ready to think positive again! At least it meant I got to have sushi and saki with friends last night? DH is out of town for tonight so I will have some time to catch up on my own shows, I'm thinking new season of OITNB.

CS/Q: nope

• Options
    @ginevere Definitely, I listened to a podcast recently that talked about a study that said even avoiding it a few days before O significantly increases the blood flow to the reproductive system. Maybe I can go half caff for those days  :D  Sorry about CD1 yesterday but I'm glad you got to do something fun and now can think positively about this cycle - I admire that!
  • Options
    @rachelg777 Thanks! That's interesting about the podcast, holding off on caffeine for a few days is certainly not unreasonable, I might give that a try this cycle.
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 3/3 AL 

CD: 14 

WAYDTGKU: HIO, PNV, BBT, CM, preseed, OPKs

R/R: This mornings temp spike threw me for a loop. OPKs were negative yesterday and today. However yesterday mornings OPK was the darkest so far and they’ve just gotten lighter. I wasn’t home to test on Sunday so now I just wait and see what my temp does tomorrow and Thursday. 

CS/Q: 

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo Sleep is one of those things that no matter how much I get I always want more. 

@rachelg777 I don’t drink coffee (or soda), you can totally do it. But I’m pretty sure I’m fueled by anxiety though. 

@ginevere I started OITNB last night. And I have a feeling it’s going to be a hard season to watch for me subject wise. It’s good so far! 

• Options
    @ginevere nope, no noticeable side effects for me so far, and I've used Mucinex in both my June & July cycles.

• Options
    @tyrion_ I always say that my life is an endless pursuit of sleep, lol. And I'm on episode 4 of the new season of OINTB, and you're right, the subject matter is much darker this season. I read that they've had to put trigger warnings out for some of the episodes. 

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo Yay for sleeping well and new Tool album!  I'd call myself a Tool fan, but not to that extent.  I saw them play once, but was there with my sh*tshow cousin, which kind of ruined the experience a little bit for me.

@rachelg777 I've also been holding out on giving up caffeine.  I don't necessarily *need* it, but it helps.

@ginevere Sorry about CD1, but yay for sushi and sake!  Let me know how you like OITNB this season.  The first episode was a little bit odd to me, but it seems to have gone back to (relative) normal.

@tyrion_ I'm betting you missed your LH surge while you were away not testing.  Hopefully O way yesterday, since that would be great timing!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    edited August 2019

Month/Cycle:  13/4 AL

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: PNV, FF, VBBT, OPKs, PreSeed, Softcups, SMEP

R/R:  MH left a full pack of tissues in his pants pockets, and they made a huge mess out of the entire load of laundry I did last night.  This morning, I was pulling shredded tissues out of sleeves, pants, pockets, and it was everywhere.   :|

CS/Q: This is officially the longest (non-AL cycle) I've gone without a +OPK.  Been HIO EOD since CD 8 and I. Am. Exhausted.  Really hoping this isn't an an-O cycle.

ETA chart

**TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll you're a champ! FX this cycle wasn't an-O! Your poor H must be exhausted, too, lol.

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo No sympathy for MH!  This is his only real duty in this whole process, haha.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options

@ttcbabyodo I hope your long day goes by quickly.

@rachelg777 oh that's really interesting about the caffeine. I hadn't heard that before.

@ginevere ooooh I'm on the last episode of OINTB. It has definitely been a darker season and has made me angry and cry a few times. But I'm also sad that this is the last season

@tyrion_ what @shamrocandroll said. Hopefully your O was yesterday and it works out perfectly with your timing. FX for you.

@shamrocandroll FX this isn't an an-O cycle. And oh man, I would've made DH clean that mess up if it were me. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CF, FF, prenatals

R/R: I spent about 2 hours dealing with my laptop last night and on the phone with my brother who is something of a computer genius. Apparently the latest Microsoft update has a pretty big flaw in that after it installs, you can't log in to your computer. Thankfully I was able to uninstall it and have access to all of my stuff again. It was such a pain though. I definitely thought I was going to have to get a new computer last night.

CS/Q: not yet

• Options
    @gingermama29 Phew, glad you were able to fix your laptop!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19